Total War: Warhammer 2: Lizardmen Faction Trailer.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
I am a simple man: I see a snooty elf being eaten by a T-Rex and I am happy.

Also the idea of a 'Warhammer 2' is a lot easier to stomach so soon after the first game when you consider it more as an expansion than a true sequel. Intended to expand upon the base release with new locations and races rather than replace.

The only thing I've heard about the new release that kinda bugs me is that they'll apparently be making every race able to take any holding now. Shame. I thought it was a rather neat mechanic that Dwarves could only claim mountains and whatnot.

Aug 31, 2012
Meh. Never really gave a shit about lizardmen or high elves. Skaven and Dark Elves are mildly more interesting. I'm still waiting for Woodelf and Beastmen DLCs to go on sale before picking them up, will be much the same with Warhammer 2, I'll get it eventually but not until it's on a decent sale.

Here Comes Tomorrow

Jan 7, 2009
The Madman said:

Also the idea of a 'Warhammer 2' is a lot easier to stomach so soon after the first game when you consider it more as an expansion than a true sequel. Intended to expand upon the base release with new locations and races rather than replace.

The only thing I've heard about the new release that kinda bugs me is that they'll apparently be making every race able to take any holding now. Shame. I thought it was a rather neat mechanic that Dwarves could only claim mountains and whatnot.
The only one that doesn't really make sense with that is Lizardmen taking elf settlements I guess. I assume they'll get the Wood Elf treatment and be able to turn them into outposts rather than proper settlements.

I'm cool with the time frame and content. I wasn't sure if I'd like the first one so never bought it till the Humble Monthly deal and it turns out I loved it so I'll likely buy this one at release.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Zykon TheLich said:
Meh. Never really gave a shit about lizardmen or high elves. Skaven and Dark Elves are mildly more interesting. I'm still waiting for Woodelf and Beastmen DLCs to go on sale before picking them up, will be much the same with Warhammer 2, I'll get it eventually but not until it's on a decent sale.
Right now the ones I want the most are Daemons of Khorne, THE BLOOD GOD NEEDS BLOOD!!!

Here Comes Tomorrow

Jan 7, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
Zykon TheLich said:
Right now the ones I want the most are Daemons of Khorne, THE BLOOD GOD NEEDS BLOOD!!!

The current rumor mill says the 4 factions in the last game will be 4 god specific Daemon/Chaos armies.

Here Comes Tomorrow

Jan 7, 2009
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
The Madman said:

I don't buy that shit though because this "expansion pack" is going to cost 60 Euros and have like 10 packs of DLC attatched to it. DLC for DLC, so to speak.
So its going to have the same content as the first game and you're annoyed that they're treating it as another full game?

Incidentally I don't really mind all the DLC and such. Since GW killed the WHFB setting I don't really buy their models and the ?150 I'd spend on this game pales in comparison next to what I've spent on my WHFB models (easily over ?3000) so I don't mind paying ?150 to play whats left of Warhammer Fantasy.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
erttheking said:
Yeah yeah yeah, where the heck are the Skaven? That's what people want CA, don't be coy about it.
Skaven aren't real. They're just old tales mothers tell their children to stop playing in the sewers. By the way do you know whats up with those triangle symbols that have started popping up near the sewer entrances?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Here Comes Tomorrow said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Zykon TheLich said:

The current rumor mill says the 4 factions in the last game will be 4 god specific Daemon/Chaos armies.
That was my speculation because if Tomb Kings, Ogre Kingdoms, and Chaos Dwarfs gets added as DLC in Warhammer 2, than they have all the factions already.

So they split the Chaos Daemons into 4 factions, plus the undivided version.

But the problem with splitting them into dedicated Daemons for each God, you have armies with very, VERY small unit rosters.

So most likely it will be just Daemons of Chaos all together as one faction, and you can choose whether they are undivided are dedicated to certain gods.

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
nomotog said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Here Comes Tomorrow said:
Zhukov said:
I actually kinda like the Aztec look they have going on.

RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
Booooo! Give me Medieval 3 or piss off! Who the hell asked for 3 Warhammer games in a row?
Presumably the people who contributed to making TW:WH the best selling entry of the entire TW series. CA are gonna be riding that train for a long time to come.

Despite being one of those people, I'm kinda ambivalent about it. If the follow up games are just going to be new armies on a new map but with the same mechanics then I'll give it a miss or wait for a sale. The factions aren't distinctive enough to justify paying for more of them. Infantry is always infantry, archers are always archers and cavalry is always cavalry regardless of whether you're controlling humans, orc or bipedal lizards.
What if its a giant rat wheel that shoots lightning at thing?

Also, they're adding naval battles. So there's that.
They are? So they got Man o War license? Because I would have heard of that from the Steam Forums of the game.
Last I checked they were adding naval, but not as full battles. They will have a auto resolve for navel combat.
I'm pretty sure you already can auto resolve naval armies in the first game, there is just almost no reason to have armies at sea.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
sageoftruth said:
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
Booooo! Give me Medieval 3 or piss off! Who the hell asked for 3 Warhammer games in a row?
Warhammer fans, I suppose?
Hm, I dunno. Depends on how happy you were with Total War Warhammer 1? Since they are set on churning out 3 full games + a truckload of DLCs for each one in just 4 years, there will be little to no innovation between them.
it is going to turn out to be one huge mega game which will be fun

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
pookie101 said:
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
sageoftruth said:
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
Hm, I dunno. Depends on how happy you were with Total War Warhammer 1? Since they are set on churning out 3 full games + a truckload of DLCs for each one in just 4 years, there will be little to no innovation between them.
Ah, who am I kidding. Time to lay off the act and stop lying to myself, I'll buy it anyway because its a Total War game.

But I'll wait for the price to drop and ignore all the DLCs except maybe Tomb Kings! Take that CA!
Lorewise I like what I read from the Tomb Kings, but as an Army I don't see what's so special about them.

Here Comes Tomorrow

Jan 7, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
pookie101 said:
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
sageoftruth said:
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
Ah, who am I kidding. Time to lay off the act and stop lying to myself, I'll buy it anyway because its a Total War game.

But I'll wait for the price to drop and ignore all the DLCs except maybe Tomb Kings! Take that CA!
Lorewise I like what I read from the Tomb Kings, but as an Army I don't see what's so special about them.
Think Vampire Counts but Egyptian themed and with fewer vampires, ghosts and bats and more archers, chariots, mummies and skeleton constructs

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Frankster said:
Hyped as hell, always wanted a game focusing on dinosaurs eating lots of elves, and then to play the edgy version of those elves and go on a raid spree to capture tons of slaves for my perverted pleasure. Yeah exactly what my heart desires ^

Judging from some of the comments here though, I think I'm right in my belief that calling the expansion packs Warhammer 2-3 was PR shooting itself in the foot.
Besides that it will make things awkward if they ever do want to release a Warhammer trilogy sequel years from now (and i'm fanboy enough to want it, plus i think a lot of the basic mechanics in TW 1 are kinda meh and the engine should be redesigned from the ground up to support things like a magic system more in like with King Arthur the RPG series or having mixed gender group units, also more unit sync kills), this just leads to people getting annoyed cos they think the warhammer games are fully fledged sequels that overwrite the old ones.

Seriously, Total Warhammer Expansion: Lustria and Total Warhammer Expansion:The far East would have gone down way better.

CA offcially revealed the Roster for the Lizardmen:

Also a Close Up look at a Saurus Temple Guard: