Total War: Warhammer trailer.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010

Vampire Counts! Greenskins! Tzeentch!! The End Times are upon us and they look fucking good.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010

That was beautiful. I'm a little worried I didn't see any Elves and I didn't notice any Skaven either. Then again, I've been up 24 hours so it is possible I just missed them. Anyway, high hopes for this and with so few factions, I expect diverse and a lot of units for factions.

ExDeath730

Mar 13, 2012
Well, since the last Total Wars...This one will probably suck, so wait for the stand alone expansion, ok?

Oh, and don't believe in the devs videos or anything like that, they really like lying a lot to the fanbase, this post may seem negative, but i'm just trying to destroy your expectations for this game so you don't have a Empire or Rome II experience like me and long time fans had.

nomotog_v1legacy

Jun 21, 2013
ExDeath730 said:
Well, since the last Total Wars...This one will probably suck, so wait for the stand alone expansion, ok?

Oh, and don't believe in the devs videos or anything like that, they really like lying a lot to the fanbase, this post may seem negative, but i'm just trying to destroy your expectations for this game so you don't have a Empire or Rome II experience like me and long time fans had.
The rule is every other game is bad, so we are due for a good one. :p Who knows how this will really end up, but at the very least we should get something different. I have been waiting for a non realistic total war for awhile now. (I was personally hoping for 40k, but you take what you can.)

ExDeath730

Mar 13, 2012
nomotog said:
ExDeath730 said:

The rule is every other game is bad, so we are due for a good one. :p Who knows how this will really end up, but at the very least we should get something different. I have been waiting for a non realistic total war for awhile now. (I was personally hoping for 40k, but you take what you can.)
Yeah, you're right, but i'm having an Empire feel about this one, because it's so different of the other Total War games, and if it's the same engine since empire, the Warscape, them i'm gonna say it first, the best faction will be the Dwarfs. Warscape sucks for melee in general, it was made for a shooting focused experience, so...Anyway, i also wanted a non realistic total war, but for this one, i will wait for the reviews, and not the site ones, those suck, but the Angry Joe one, that guy knows what the Total War fanbase wants.

Qvar

OBJECTION!
Aug 25, 2013
Elfgore said:
That was beautiful. I'm a little worried I didn't see any Elves and I didn't notice any Skaven either. Then again, I've been up 24 hours so it is possible I just missed them. Anyway, high hopes for this and with so few factions, I expect diverse and a lot of units for factions.
Please, that comes with the DLCs. They said there would be "additional content packs" up front. Well, CA can keep kissing my ass, I've had enough of their bs already.

The trailer is cool tho. I hope it would be Paradox developing this.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
So Empire, Orcs and Goblins, Chaos, Dwarfs and Undead so far. I wonder if they will split Undead and Chaos up like they seem to have done in the books lately odds are they probably will unfortunately but im not to sad about it as long as the game turns out good.

I heard about this a long time ago but have not seen any info about the game since unfortunately a cinematic does not usually impress me now and this one was no exception. There is also a lot of races missing obviously. At the very least they should add High Elves and Dark Elves it would also be amazing if we saw races we dont see often like Chaos Dwarfs (or they can incorporate them into the Chaos army like they did in the old days) and Kislev.

Im not really a RTS fan and I doubt my PC would be able to run this game anyway so that tempers my enthusiasm somewhat along with Dissidia having the potential to overshadow any game out or likely to be announced (it could also bitterly crush my enthusiasm more than any game ever) in my mind.

I guess they have waited to long for me to get really excited but I do eagerly await new announcements and would love to see some actual footage. Regardless if it comes out and my PC can run it and the general consensus is that it doesnt suck I will definitely give it a whirl DRM/DLC and price pending ofc

Aug 31, 2012
Hmm... cinematic trailer means precisely fuck all. I like medieval total war 2, and Warhammer but the apparent shittyness of Rome 2 and Empire has me in the wait and see camp on this one I'm afraid. I'm interested, but far from excited.

Unknower

Jun 4, 2008
Fantasy Total War is something I've wanted them to do for years. I'm so tired of the European setting (Medieval 1&2, Rome 1&2, most of the Empire). I'm playing Shogun 2 at the moment and it's really nice change (Rome 2 never really interested me). Maybe Warhammer-universe isn't exactly what I hoped for (not that I even know much of it), but I'm happy.

Gdek

Dec 16, 2011
Surely it should have been called Total Warhammer. Such a wasted opportunity.

Selucia

Feb 27, 2015
Didn't they merge a lot of the factions in recent changes to the franchise?

I wonder how different the games going to be to previous titles.

Qvar

OBJECTION!
Aug 25, 2013
Maximum Bert said:
So Empire, Orcs and Goblins, Chaos, Dwarfs and Undead so far. I wonder if they will split Undead and Chaos up like they seem to have done in the books lately odds are they probably will unfortunately but im not to sad about it as long as the game turns out good.
You mean "lately" as in at least the last 10 years? I've never heard of the undeads and chaos being the same faction. Myabe you mean chaos followers and demons?

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
Not really interested since their's already 2 warhammer mods for Medieval 2 that will probably be far superior to this.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Gdek said:
Surely it should have been called Total Warhammer. Such a wasted opportunity.
You mean "Total Waaagh!!?"

Their youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i4d3ignBNQ&lc=z13pjbdy0libehlnu23ttzkglx3byt1yh04) has them commenting on it where they said there would be four races:

... In Total War: WARHAMMER you?ll have four races to choose from, Greenskins, The Empire, Dwarfs and Vampire Counts. Each race has a legendary lord character , who is the leader of a faction within your chosen race.
Should be interesting.

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
Elfgore said:

@Elfgore
you have Medieval 2, right?

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Qvar said:
Maximum Bert said:
You mean "lately" as in at least the last 10 years? I've never heard of the undeads and chaos being the same faction. Myabe you mean chaos followers and demons?
Well its true Chaos did have undead in their ranks in the beginning I am unsure if they encompassed the whole undead army or even if there was an undead army in the beginning.

What I meant was splitting Undead into Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings when in the beginning they were just Undead. For the Chaos split I was wondering if they will split Chaos Warrior, Beastmen and Daemons up instead of just having Chaos and then of course how they will handle the subdivisions of gods (only including the big four here) or if it will just be one god or even just Chaos undivided.

I mainly colected the books in the 90s to the mid 2000s but have a few 80s books like the original glorious hardback Chaos armies books from which they have recycled and watered down everything about Chaos since, so I dont know the current state of the Undead and Chaos books and whether they are still divided. Knowing their current ways I expect they are.

As a sidenote I dont know how games workshop are still in business their prices now are ridiculous and you get so little for the money.

I do wonder how they will handle special characters in this game, magic items and magic could also be very interesting especially if they expand the scope from which to draw to a lot of the older spells and items that were about.

Edit: just checked according to wikipedia the Undead book I got in 94 was the first one so yeah originally Undead (unified) did not have their own army and just appeared as part of the Chaos force (in limited quantity), but as mentioned thats not really what I was trying to say even if it was accidentally correct.

broadbandmink

Apr 28, 2014
The first time I heard rumours about Creative Assembly considering the Warhammer license as a potential platform for a new Total War game was during the aftermath of the release of Medieval II. That's nearly ten years ago now..

Anyhow, here's hoping that they will actually pull this off!

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Maximum Bert said:
My understanding of the factions in the game at launch is:

Empire
Greenskins
Dwarves
Vampire Counts
*Chaos

Chaos is possibly in the form of a differentiated faction. Whether that means something with a different ruleset ala Hordes in Attila, or an unplayable "event" faction like the Mongols in Medieval 2, remains to be seen.

Pretty lightweight faction lineup. Definitely misses Skaven/Lizardmen/Elves at the absolute minimum.

Aug 31, 2012
Maximum Bert said:
Edit: just checked according to wikipedia the Undead book I got in 94 was the first one so yeah originally Undead (unified) did not have their own army and just appeared as part of the Chaos force (in limited quantity), but as mentioned thats not really what I was trying to say even if it was accidentally correct.
Warhammer Armies from 3rd ed had undead as a seperate force, and that was 1988, not sure about 2nd and 1st edition but I'd imagine it was the same. The reason there weren't seperate books was because GW didn't really come up with the idea for seperate codex type books until the 2nd ed 40K / 4th ed Warhammer era.

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
Am I the only one who wants an Asian total war? It's always Europe, Europe, Europe, Europe colonies.
It was cool having Shogun 2 but where's my Total War Khan where I can kick ass as Genghis Khan or use my tons of Ming dudes to wreck the Mongols? Or do everyone's favorite, Japanese invasion of mainland Asia.

I mean come on we get a fictional world before we get one about the best world conqueror?