Total War Website Countdown is Teasing a Reveal for Next Week

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Total War Website Countdown is Teasing a Reveal for Next Week

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1391/1391139.jpgIs there a new Total War game coming soon? Looks like we'll find out next week.

The last update [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169482-Total-War-Warhammer-Adding-Bretonnia-as-Playable-Faction-Later-this-Month] to its official forums, explaining what each of its teams is working on.

Of note in that update: the "Historical Team," which is working on an "Unannounced Total War title," the "Warhammer Team," which is working on the Total War: Warhammer trilogy, and the "Black Ops Task Team," which is working on an "Unannounced Total War title." While that's all the info that the post offered on possible new titles in the works, today the Total War website [http://totalwar.com] went from its normal look to a countdown timer that poised to expire next Friday, March 31.

While there's no way to know which game this could depict, folks on the Total War subreddit [https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/61248j/countdown_timer_for_lustria_in_the_background/] seems to think that the image is of Warhammer's Lustria, and the reveal will be the next game in that series. However, it could also be the new historical game mentioned above.

We'll have to wait until next week to find out for sure, but one thing is certain: Total War fans have something to look forward to.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
If its not Medieval 3 they can fuck off.
Dude seriously? We all know its gonna be Warhammer 2: Total War.

They said themselves that its gonna be a trilogy of Warhammer Total War games.

The second one is expected to give us High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, and Skaven.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
Samtemdo8 said:
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:

The second one is expected to give us High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, and Skaven.
No hate for Warhammer, the first one was fine, just not sure we need 2 or even 3 in a row. Not to mention they're apparently grinding them out quickly.
Even than don't expect the next historical one to be Medieval 3, they said it themselves they are tackling an historical era they never done before.

Some say it might be China others say its Renissance-16th century Pike and Shot.

Borty The Bort

Jul 23, 2016
Samtemdo8 said:
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
Samtemdo8 said:
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:

No hate for Warhammer, the first one was fine, just not sure we need 2 or even 3 in a row. Not to mention they're apparently grinding them out quickly.
Even than don't expect the next historical one to be Medieval 3, they said it themselves they are tackling an historical era they never done before.

Some say it might be China others say its Renissance-16th century Pike and Shot.
China? If there is anything Civilisation has taught me, it's that Chu-ko-nus are dope.

Sep 24, 2008
STORMCAST ETERNAL! Finally! Now Sigmar's OP can go up against Chaos OP! Upsetting more people that the forces of 'Good' finally have ridiculously designed!

CCLegion

Apr 23, 2013
ObsidianJones said:
STORMCAST ETERNAL! Finally! Now Sigmar's OP can go up against Chaos OP! Upsetting more people that the forces of 'Good' finally have ridiculously designed!
Total War: Warhammer was always set to cover the base game and 2 expansions, which have been upgraded to 2 additional games in recent comments, all of them focusing on different parts of the World That Was. And there are apparently no plans for an AoS version. So no Stormcast Eternals for now.

From a leak a while ago, Lizardmen, High Elves, Dark Elves, Estalia and Skaven are supposed to appear in the first one. Should be interesting to see whether that one holds up.

Sep 24, 2008
CCLegion said:
ObsidianJones said:
Total War: Warhammer was always set to cover the base game and 2 expansions, which have been upgraded to 2 additional games in recent comments, all of them focusing on different parts of the World That Was. And there are apparently no plans for an AoS version. So no Stormcast Eternals for now.

From a leak a while ago, Lizardmen, High Elves, Dark Elves, Estalia and Skaven are supposed to appear in the first one. Should be interesting to see whether that one holds up.
Oh, I absolutely know.

Just the intense hate of the Zubaz squad tickles me. They are like just Chaos chosen. And a God not making warriors to fight his or her battles is laughable to me. Especially a God that was once a mighty hero.

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
Samtemdo8 said:
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:

I really hope they don't go back to pike and shot style gameplay like Empire. Their gun units are always such a pain in the ass to work with.

Scytail

Jan 26, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:

It's a vaguely Aztec temple in a steamy jungle so either Total War: Americas or the second Total Warhammer game.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Scytail said:
Samtemdo8 said:
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:

It's a vaguely Aztec temple in a steamy jungle so either Total War: Americas or the second Total Warhammer game.
They have already done Total War Americas/New World in Medieval 2:

So its not really a setting they haven't done before as they claim.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
This isn't an announcement for Warhammer 2, that is already a given. This is supposed to be an announcement for Creative Assembly's next "Historical" Total War game.

Jan 12, 2012
Samtemdo8 said:
Scytail said:
They have already done Total War Americas/New World in Medieval 2:

So its not really a setting they haven't done before as they claim.
Unless it's going to be pre-Columbus America. It's a setting that's criminally unexplored in just about every medium.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
The background image just screams fantasy to me.

Would a proper LOTR total war (I know about the Med 2 mod) be too much to ask?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Avnger said:
The background image just screams fantasy to me.

Would a proper LOTR total war (I know about the Med 2 mod) be too much to ask?
....I never found Tolkien's work to be 100% all about War?

I mean epic Battles happened be there were moments like adventure in the Hobbit, or romance like Beren and Luthien.

And it feels weird seeing the Human factions within Middle Earth like Rohan and Gondor and Arnor to fight against each other if Gondor feels like it wants to conquer.