Tour the Set of Command & Conquer 4

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Twenty-one posts up to this thread, and no word from the Kanemeister himself. He is sitting in his chair, a shadow covering his face, hands steepled before him, and a soft red light in the background revealing his bald silhouette. He watches us.

Much as many companies love cgi, there will always be retro-developers out there who will still bring out full motion video for use in a game now and again. I had installed Wing Commander: The Price of Freedom, and was blown away by the cinematics then(of course that was green screen, but still FMV). I feel bad that my X-wing/Tie Fighter hands just couldn't handle the flight scheme of that WC. I still have the discs tucked away nice and safe.
I may take a trip down retro lane sometime and try a few C&C's inbetween SC2 episode releases. Joseph D. Kucan [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0473614/], the face and voice of Kane(and director of many C&C's)*, is quite the engaging actor. Makes me wonder what he would do with a movie script.

*:Who might be an alias or even a stand-in for a Russ Pitts, a well known and respected Editor-in-Chief of an awesome gaming web-magazine. Details are circumstantial and sketchy at best. As of this time many sources have been reported to change their statements about any details proving any links.**
**:Many conspiracy theorists hold that Kane is real, and Mr. Pitts and/or Mr. Kucan may be stand-ins to build the mythology of Kane's eminence. But no evidence exists to prove this.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
*sigh* All good things must come to an end I suppose. The FMV sequences are the most memorable things in that game aside from the actual game.

I wonder if this pretty much spells the end for Red Alert as well.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Now only the game was any good...

And before you start whining that it isn't out yet, i was in the beta and the problems i saw there can simply not be attributed to it being an unfinished product.

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
It is a sad thing that they will no longer be doing these awesome cutscenes, they were head and shoulders above the wall of text with shoddy narration mission briefings of other rts games.

But I heard they are dropping the classic base building and tiberium gathering we all know and love from the previous games, that alone has made me rethink preordering this game, i'll have to check the demo before hand.