Toy Story 4? It seems so...

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Breaker deGodot said:
WHAT?! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
-UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

OT: Yeah, one of the editors actually wrote a story on this article. I never thought there would be a second, or a third. Toy Story has this way of ending perfectly and then getting another movie in, so you never know

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO, NOOOO!!

Toy Story is done. Toy Story 3 was the perfect end to the series, in fact I'd say it was the best trilogy ever made. Just leave it the fuck alone.

...*sigh* but if it does happen I doubt Pixar will fuck up. Apart from Cars they haven't made a bad movie yet. I just expected better from these guys, but that being said we already know they're making Cars 2 and Monsters Inc 2, two movies that really don't need sequels (one because it ended were it needed to, the other because it wasn't great to begin with).

Anyway, like people have said actors sign up to projects that never happen all the time. It's just how the movie buisness works.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
Oh you're kidding :/ TS3 had a perfect ending (it even ended exactly how the first movie began, zoomed in onto clouds, as a way of wrapping it up perfectly)

I didn't know Pixar were the type to milk their franchises.

Dudemeister

Feb 24, 2008
I loved the ending of 3 too but why does everyone's response seem to be "The last one was great but the next one will be terrible."?
This is Pixar, give them some credit, I've never know them to milk a franchise, ever.
Just don't complain about the film untill you've actually seen it.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
I really don't think that this is a good idea Pixar. TS3 was perfect, tied up all loose ends and had a heartwarming ending. Where could they make this go? (unless its one of those "in-between" movies)

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Mr. Omega said:
I'm not sure about it...
On one hand, 3 wrapped things up pretty well.
On the other hand, that's what I said about 2 when 3 came out, and I was pleasantly surprised.

For something like this, i think the only way to tell is to see the movie.
Outright Villainy said:
Really? Toy story 3 ended pretty much perfectly, I really don't want them to ruin that...
Celtic_Kerr said:
Toy Story 3 was supposed to be the end of it... All of it was supposed to wrap up... They're gonna beat it dead now
Breaker deGodot said:
Unhappy Crow said:
No! There's no need to milk the series. Just leave it alone, Pixar.
gamepopper101 said:
Why? No really, why?

If this actually happens, then is Disney taking Toy Story down the Shrek route?

There's no point in another sequel. Toy Story 3 made the perfect conclusion to a great film series, the only real way to add to the franchise is to take a step back, like Shrek did!
Tyro The Fox said:
*head bangs heavily on table then rolls side to side* No, no, no, no, no....
Darkside360 said:
What? How is pixar going to top 3? 3 ended so beautifully.

Well Pixar is the Bioware of movies. They always seem to make a masterpiece.
Twilight_guy said:
Wait... What? That doesn't make any sense. They completed the story with a loop. It starts out with a blissful child and ends when that child leaves and a parallel blissful child replaces him. What are they going to do next? Ah, it'll probably take another 4 years to make I'll see then.
I think all of you need to go back and re-read the article. "The trade states that many of the films voice actors could possibly have another film attached to their respective contracts, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the studio is obligated to put another feature-length sequel into production." What that means is Tim Allen is simply showing that if Pixar did decide to continue on with Toy Story, he would be on board with it. This is NOT a confirmation for a new film, or even an announcement that they are working such a thing.

Later in the article, Lee Unkrich does say this. "I really tried my best to end the story of Andy and his toys and bring that story to a close in a really nice way at the end of ['Toy Story 3']. That being said, we know that people love the characters, love Woody and Buzz, and would hate to say good-bye to them completely." So it seems nothing is in pre-production, production, or even remotely on the table. He's just saying that if some really good idea strikes him, he wouldn't be against revisiting the world. And that doesn't even mean it has to be a full-length picture. It could be a short, a miniseries, a webseries...anything.

And what you all have to remember is the Toy Story gang are all the babies of John Lasseter. He directed the first film. Woody, Buzz, Andy, and that whole universe was his first great hit and what put Pixar on the map. It's their flagship franchise. There is no way in hell he will let another movie about them come out if it's not up to the standard set by the other films. He scrapped the first version of Toy Story 2 when it was already well into pre-production, and made the director step down so he could put in Lee Unkrich. I'm sure he will not hesitate to do so again if they manage to screw it up a second time.

clipse15

May 18, 2009
Lilani said:
Mr. Omega said:
I'm not sure about it...
On one hand, 3 wrapped things up pretty well.
On the other hand, that's what I said about 2 when 3 came out, and I was pleasantly surprised.

For something like this, i think the only way to tell is to see the movie.
Outright Villainy said:
Really? Toy story 3 ended pretty much perfectly, I really don't want them to ruin that...
Celtic_Kerr said:
Toy Story 3 was supposed to be the end of it... All of it was supposed to wrap up... They're gonna beat it dead now
Breaker deGodot said:
Unhappy Crow said:
No! There's no need to milk the series. Just leave it alone, Pixar.
gamepopper101 said:
Why? No really, why?

If this actually happens, then is Disney taking Toy Story down the Shrek route?

There's no point in another sequel. Toy Story 3 made the perfect conclusion to a great film series, the only real way to add to the franchise is to take a step back, like Shrek did!
Tyro The Fox said:
*head bangs heavily on table then rolls side to side* No, no, no, no, no....
Darkside360 said:
What? How is pixar going to top 3? 3 ended so beautifully.

Well Pixar is the Bioware of movies. They always seem to make a masterpiece.
Twilight_guy said:
Wait... What? That doesn't make any sense. They completed the story with a loop. It starts out with a blissful child and ends when that child leaves and a parallel blissful child replaces him. What are they going to do next? Ah, it'll probably take another 4 years to make I'll see then.
I think all of you need to go back and re-read the article. "The trade states that many of the films voice actors could possibly have another film attached to their respective contracts, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the studio is obligated to put another feature-length sequel into production." What that means is Tim Allen is simply showing that if Pixar did decide to continue on with Toy Story, he would be on board with it. This is NOT a confirmation for a new film, or even an announcement that they are working such a thing.

Later in the article, Lee Unkrich does say this. "I really tried my best to end the story of Andy and his toys and bring that story to a close in a really nice way at the end of ['Toy Story 3']. That being said, we know that people love the characters, love Woody and Buzz, and would hate to say good-bye to them completely." So it seems nothing is in pre-production, production, or even remotely on the table. He's just saying that if some really good idea strikes him, he wouldn't be against revisiting the world. And that doesn't even mean it has to be a full-length picture. It could be a short, a miniseries, a webseries...anything.

And what you all have to remember is the Toy Story gang are all the babies of John Lasseter. He directed the first film. Woody, Buzz, Andy, and that whole universe was his first great hit and what put Pixar on the map. It's their flagship franchise. There is no way in hell he will let another movie about them come out if it's not up to the standard set by the other films. He scrapped the first version of Toy Story 2 when it was already well into pre-production, and made the director step down so he could put in Lee Unkrich. I'm sure he will not hesitate to do so again if they manage to screw it up a second time.
So how do you explain Cars 2? or in fact Cars 1? Those were both huge passion projects for Lasseter. Tom Hanks has basically said that Toy Story 4 is in production and when asked about it John Lasseter does not say no and merely dodges the question.

J-dog42

Aug 1, 2010
I loved the Toy Story trilogy and I do not want this. If they make another Toy Story movie I will be very angry. I wish Hollywood could just let a good thing be. Even if it is another excellent movie, I still wont be happy.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I thought Toy story 3 ended just fine. I really hope that Toy story doesn't get hit with what my dad refers to as "Star wars syndrome" where a perfectly good, solid set of films almost get run in with sub par cash ins.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
clipse15 said:
So how do you explain Cars 2? or in fact Cars 1? Those were both huge passion projects for Lasseter. Tom Hanks has basically said that Toy Story 4 is in production and when asked about it John Lasseter does not say no and merely dodges the question.
Well first of all, I rather liked both Cars 1 and 2, so posing that argument really does nothing for me. Secondly, the standards people hold for Cars 1 and Cars 2 are different from the standards people hold Toy Story to, and both the studio and Lasseter are aware of that. They know adults today grew up with those characters, and I think it's safe to say the Toy Story films are the most liked of all their films. If they let people down with Toy Story, they let down the people that loved them when they were a little warehouse in Emeryville. Also, I'd like to see exactly where you got that info about Tom Hanks and John Lasseter before making a decision about that.

And even if it is true, I don't think it's the end of the world. Even if you think Cars was a letdown, I think everyone agrees they have not let us down with Toy Story. There's really no rational reason to let your opinion of one taint your opinion on the other. After all, they are completely different films made by completely different people, except for Lasseter. The direction, stories, and screenplays were all done by different people.

If you saw the animated short before Cars 2, then you saw yourself that there are still angles of the Toy Story universe that can be explored. The story may have ended for Andy, but it's only begun for Bonnie and the Sunnyside daycare center. I'm not worried.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
I'd rather see a Bugs life 2

Toy story is great, but i can only get so much of Woody.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Stuntkid said:
First cars 2 Now this?
Why did you necro a YEAR old thread? This was over 367 days ago, they were most likely talking about the animation in Cars 2, or maybe some other shorts in other future flicks for amusement. There's no reason for people to get all worried.

Seriously, did no one read the link and notice they were talking about Cars 2 coming out "later next year" sort of talk who posted in this thread lately?

(Sigh, I know I'm going to get harassed for "Well.. I knew!!!" responses)