Tracer #Buttgate - Shots fired by professional cosplayer at Heroes Championships

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
Reed Spacer said:
Dreiko said:
Internalised buttsogyny, can't asscape it, the only recourse is to turn the other cheek.
Yeah.

She rectum.

No, I'm not apologizing.
Good to see the internet still knows how to jump on a good bunch of buns.

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
Cosplaying is a profession now? When did that happen?

OT - actually, no. I've got nothing. This is such a non-issue, it's disturbing how many keystrokes people are wasting on this.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
DoPo said:
KaraFang said:
catering to a small screaming group I have ever seen.
If you can call 1 guy being very polite "small screaming group", then yes - that's exactly what happened.

Windknight said:
And you guys complaign about SJW's making a fuss over nothing.
Remind me who the SJWs are in this case? I get easily confuse - it's usually "the Other Side" but it's very hard to track it down. If you mean "the people who were for the removal", then I don't think they did. As in, they didn't make a fuss. If you mean "the people who were against the removal", then they definitely did.
You can always tell the sjw's because they are against the thing you are for... or for the thing you are against. It's kinda confusing, just know they are the other guy and probably a strawman.

Shraggler

Jan 6, 2009
Dreiko said:
Internalised buttsogyny, can't asscape it, the only recourse is to turn the other cheek.
I believe the correct term would be 'misgynopisthia'.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
"We decided not to sexualize one of our characters."

Expect to see "okay, sure. Your game, Blizzard."

Instead "my freedom of speech!!!! Censorship!"

Maybe I'm just not seeing how this is the evil company censoring its games more and more so that it can make us more used to companies being more controlling so that it can one day take over the world and turn us into its slaves while continuing to pacify us through their use of chemtrails while laughing their way to the bank with their Iraq war money since they obviously funded the US to go there so that they could take a cut of that oil money.

Sorry, I've probably watch too much Internet Comment Etiquette lately.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Man, she's got a fine set of legs.

Anyway.

I would have loved to see the Twitch chat go up.
I imagine it's the sort of thing SheSellsSeaShells would have had a hey-day making a "Twitch reacts to Buttgate" out of.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Paragon Fury said:
So we all know about #Buttgate
Nope. I had no idea things had gotten so silly that a developer choosing to agree with someone was now a scandal intended to evoke Watergate.

I have a serious question: does anyone really think they're coming off as the good guys here?

I mean, I'm all for free speech and if she wants to make silly protests, I wish this "cosplayer" the best. But when people create protests and boycotts and ______gates over a developer opting to not include a single pose, how do you think that looks? Honestly. Nobody comes out looking good in this scenario.

Worgen said:
It's kinda confusing, just know they are the other guy and probably a strawman.
Hey, why can't it be a straw woman? I demand equal straw representation!

#Worgengate

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
RedDeadFred said:
"We decided not to sexualize one of our characters."

Expect to see "okay, sure. Your game, Blizzard."

Instead "my freedom of speech!!!! Censorship!"

Maybe I'm just not seeing how this is the evil company censoring its games more and more
Because it wasn't a sexualised pose to begin with.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
...what a pointless exercise.

LifeCharacter said:
Yet another tiny, dumb hill for the accumulation of bodies. I certainly hope Blizzard learns their lesson from this and never expresses the tiniest bit of doubt that their creation is perfect and that any criticism of it is just some attempt by the PC prudes to stifle their freedom. Remember when people liked the idea of developers engaging with their community? Those were dark days indeed.
Honestly after years of dealing with the World of Warcraft Community, they're probably used to people picking stupid hills to die on. Slight balance changes often resulted in hundred-page threads about how they're 'ruining the game', so people getting up in arms over something like this is just usual business for 'em, really.

Woe be unto any Game Developer that tries to enact it's creative control over something that doesn't fall in line with the loudest group, apparently.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Loop Stricken said:
Because it wasn't a sexualised pose to begin with.
They evidently disagree. Why is it okay to try and enforce a contrary opinion on Blizzard? Isn't that stifling their creative freedom?

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
The_Kodu said:
[...]in this case it's criticising a change or element that doesn't make sense to change.[...]
It actually does make some sense with some context.

1) They were already considering removing it.
2) Someone complained about the same thing they were considering removing.
3) It doubtful that anyone had voiced equal and opposite opinions prior to this (Conjecture, please correct me if I'm wrong)
4) Said change impacts literally nothing else about the game

I'm firmly in the "This whole discussion is stupid" camp, so please take all of this with a healthy dose of salt, but if this logic holds then it's not a completely senseless decision.

Houseman said:
RE: "This is a silly hill"

People who are fighting this war need to post up on all the hills they can, because if they don't, there eventually won't be any hills left to defend.
Wait... So are we making new hills from the corpses to counteract erosion, or is this just a public works program or something?