Trailer: Dark Souls Smashing Boulders Through Skulls in October

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Looks like more of the same, though the thought of more Demon's Souls gives me a fairly epic erection. Thus, I ain't complaining. Bring it!

Gigatoast

Apr 7, 2010
Nice choice of title, because I'm sure this game will be as hard as smashing boulders WITH your skull.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
I never played the first one, but I'm thinking of buying it, this game looks wicked badass

Jonsbax

May 4, 2010
I'm so happy they went with a more open ended world with this one, since Demon's Souls was just begging for some labyrinths to get lost in. Now if only they'll be a bit more generous with save points and allow me to play co-op with my friends, I'll be prepared to call this the best game of all time.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
The title of this news story made me scratch my head. Maybe the English is just weird but I couldn't actually figure out the subject of the phrase.

Also, Demon's souls was so hard that your player character had already died on the cover. What is this game going to be? You are already Dead?

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
That looks unbelievably difficult...and fun.
This is one of those games that makes me wish i had a PS3.
Why can't you publish this on PC? WHY?!

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
My most anticipated game this year, and it isn't close. Wonder which version will look/play best? I prefer the placement and tension of the 360 stick, but Demon's Souls is one of the very few games where the six axis shoulder buttons feel right. It was also a PS3 exclusive, so there's a decent chance Dark Souls might be one of those rare multiplatform titles that looks better on Sony's machine.

Hmmm...

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Jonsbax said:
I'm so happy they went with a more open ended world with this one, since Demon's Souls was just begging for some labyrinths to get lost in. Now if only they'll be a bit more generous with save points and allow me to play co-op with my friends, I'll be prepared to call this the best game of all time.
They won't be since they said it will be even harder then Demon's souls! Yay!

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
It's fascinating to see a trailer that tries to sell the game by showing how much your character will suck.

Jonsbax

May 4, 2010
Korten12 said:
Jonsbax said:
They won't be since they said it will be even harder then Demon's souls! Yay!
Yeah, I've heard them promise that, but I can think of a few more ways to make games challenging than just having very little save points.

archabaddon

Jan 8, 2007
Sweet!

200, Stream not found, NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound, clip: '[Clip] 'http://video2.themis-media.com/f81b2fa2ca6ff4f6602fd7defc5165fc/mp4/escapist/trailers/c5a233b4dd807c0cd78c497ef7d71ea5.mp4''
Thanks for playing that commercial for me before NOT playing the actual video though :p

FrancoDHorse

Mar 9, 2010
Time for Demon Souls (+ voice chat)! Now I just need to convert some relatives/friends to this game...