Trailer Debuts For Dumb & Dumber To

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Trailer Debuts For Dumb & Dumber To

You wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world... again?

Back in 1994, Dumb & Dumber was one of the biggest comedy hits of the year; solidifying (along with previous blockbusters in Ace Ventura and The Mask) then-newcomer Jim Carrey as the biggest comedy star around and turning the Farrelly Brothers into a red-hot writer/director duo. Though a sequel had been talked about for years, it's taken this long to finally get one made - though a prequel featuring different actors was widely ignored back in 2003.

The sequel finds the now twenty years older best friends Harry and Lloyd reuniting for another road trip, this time to locate Harry's previously unknown now-adult daughter. Beyond that, few other plot details have been made available. In addition to Carrey and Daniels reprising their roles, the Farrellys have returned to direct.

Dumb & Dumber To is due in theaters in November.

Source: JoBlo [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fvoau0ekWk]

STENDEC1

Jul 20, 2012
Weird. I thought Jim Carey had ruled out ever doing sequels again after Ace Venturer 2.

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
Dumb and dumber to... where?

Wait... is that SERIOUSLY the title of this movie?

*Facepalms*

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
ok, so "to" is meant for the sequel. thats really beyond stupid. i did already like the first one. hardly found anything funny and part 2 doesnt seam to be any better either. besides a few smiles i dont want to watch it.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
MovieBob said:
though a prequel featuring different actors was widely ignored back in 2003.
Dumb and Dumberer's reception was one of a greatest travesties of the last decade.

It was truly comedic gold.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
So, Jim Carrey is trying to claw his way into relevance once again? Yeah, good luck with that...

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Jandau said:
So, Jim Carrey is trying to claw his way into relevance once again? Yeah, good luck with that...
at least he might have an easier time at it then Mike Myers. after Love Guru and Cat in the Hat we've hardly seen him in anything. Granted not a whole lot of Jim's movies have been stellar either. and this... is probably no exception.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
That trailer was god awful. The original film is still genuinely hilarious but this, this is just sad. Why Jim why, you use to be so great and you've only gotten less funny over time. :(

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Wow, Jim Carrey can't even convincingly do Jim Carrey any more. Jeff Daniels looks like he's only there for the money too :(

Hdawger

Jun 8, 2010
I love how everyone is back to do a sequel! This is looking great and I can't wait to see it in theaters this Fall!

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
I see they unfortunately stepped up the vulgar humor to compete with a lot of today's "comedies". The first one didn't get that nasty. This looks more like a Dumb and Dumber/American Pie crossover fanfic.

It's also unfortunate that, like many comedy trailers, they might have used most of their good jokes just to reel you in. Jim and Jeff should have just done this 10 years ago and got it over with.

Australian Justice
Jan 30, 2010
truckspond said:
Dumb and dumber to... where?

Wait... is that SERIOUSLY the title of this movie?

*Facepalms*
The joke has clearly missed your head.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Never cared for this type of humor, so I don't really care, but holy fuck does it seem bad. I thought it was a joke when they announced this movie. Holding my thumbs they'll never do Twins 2, with Eddie Murphy as the third brother...

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Wait.. Was the first one as bad as this? I remember liking that movie, but this trailer instead of entertaining me made me sad for some reason.

Aug 1, 2010
Boy, I sure would love to see the trailer and get excited about this movie.

Hell, if I saw the trailer I just might be more inclined to buy a ticket to this when it comes out.

YOU HEAR THAT UNIVERSAL? YOU HEAR THAT YOU FUCKING MORONS? OH WAIT NO YOU DIDN'T YOU WERE TOO BUSY LOSING A SALE BECAUSE YOU'RE WHINY CUNTS WHO LITERALLY SAY NO TO FREE ADVERTISING.

*sigh*

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
Jim could slap me in the face and i'd still love him. Ace Ventura and The mask are two of my favourite comedies. He's been in way more good than bad films. People will give him stick over this, but i highly doubt he cares.