Trailers: A Game of Thrones: Genesis Teaser

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Abandon4093 said:
This is just a guess.

But judging by the fact that he was sat on the iron throne and he was riding a dragon... I'm not sure. LOL

That doesn't make much sense from what I know about the continuity.

Didn't the last dragon die out a long time before the series is set. Even before the mad king and Roberts rebellion.

But... didn't Robert have the iron throne made after the end of his rebellion? From the swords of the mad kings army?

Granted I've never read the books. (The first one's on my to read list) So I may be missing some major details here. But it looks like it doesn't actually fit into any timeline.

EDIT:

On secondary inspection. That doesn't actually appear to be the iron throne.

So there's every chance this is telling the story of how the Targerians ended up being the central monarchy of the 7 kingdoms.
No, Aegon the Conqueror made the Iron Throne out of the swords of the armies of Westeros. It's been around for a long time. I'm pretty sure that is it in the trailer; it certainly looks a lot like the one from the TV seris. And yes, the dragons died out a long time before the books start. I think, given the presence of one, this has to be about the earlier Targaryens, unless it's taking major liberties with the source material.

Jon Shannow

Oct 11, 2010
Shjade said:
anian said:
Now a Total war mod with prequel to and throughout Game of thrones, that would be cool I think,
Honestly I'd think of a Mount & Blade mod for GoT over a Total War mod. Total War's so...impersonal. Mount & Blade lets you develop grudges against individual knights even if you're not on bad terms with their kingdom. That sounds more like it to me.
There is already both a Mount & Blade and a Total war mod for a Song of ice and fire

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
So... a game of thrones the game?

I smell a cash-in crossover from a franchise powerfull in another medium, and we all know how well those go...

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
Jon Shannow said:
Shjade said:
anian said:
Now a Total war mod with prequel to and throughout Game of thrones, that would be cool I think,
Honestly I'd think of a Mount & Blade mod for GoT over a Total War mod. Total War's so...impersonal. Mount & Blade lets you develop grudges against individual knights even if you're not on bad terms with their kingdom. That sounds more like it to me.
There is already both a Mount & Blade and a Total war mod for a Song of ice and fire
Gotta love a proactive fanbase.