Trailers: Alice: Madness Returns: Combat

Purplecoyote

Feb 10, 2010
I might have to brush up on Through The Looking Glass, but was there ever a Chinese/Japanese-esque chapter or characters in there? It feels familiar but I can't place it. Anyway, really looking foreward to this, the first American Mcgee's Alice was a masterpiece.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Guessing this is the console version here. The lack of PhysX really makes the game look dull. The gameplay looks fun, but the graphics look lacking here. I'll probably get the PC version after I'm done taking in the mighty steed that will be Duke Nukem Forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAbzszifbJI

To give you an idea what I'm talking about.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
danirax said:
looks just like darksiders....
Duuuude! I thought I was the only one thinking that.

It looks pretty good, but I just don't want another hack&slash game.
I was pretty disappointed with Darksiders :/
...still, it IS Alice.

nayrbarr

Aug 11, 2010
Am I the only one that just think that this looks a bit... rubbish? It just plain doesn't look good.

Timzilla

Mar 26, 2010
It actually looks more like the combat style from Legend of Zelda: Windwaker, namely the lock on, the sword play, and the way dodging is used.

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010
So, it's the Legend of Zelda: Devil May Cry Edition. I have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand I'm excited, I rather enjoy that type of game, and to have it set in the sheer madness that is Alice in Wonderland makes me fully believe that it will be a joy to play and experience. I look forward to the story and setting more than I have in a while, it just looks so very, delightfully insane.

On the other hand, I feel like I've played this before, already. Yes, part of the very reason I'm excited is part of the reason why I'm not. I'm funny like that. See, I'd been more excited to play this before seeing this video than I am now, simply because I was curious to see what cool game-play would be attached to this brilliant madness, but now, I feel a lot more "meh" about the game-play.

I suppose I'll wait and see how it all works out.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Well, that was... er... something. Something I'm reasonably sure wasn't Dante's Inferno. Reasonably so.

Gameplay looks floaty.

Ravnican

Jul 19, 2010
It looks like it will stay true to the original's aesthetic style, but it's the combat I'm worried about. I know that, in order for the game to be viable on consoles, it would have to change more than a few aspects, but I am unsure if the hack-and-slash way was the right call.

Dissolve

Garroter of Maladjusted Slobs
Apr 27, 2011
I guess nobody here picked up Bayonetta, because the butterflies are a complete rip from Pulley's Butterfly - an item in the game that allows you to dodge enemy attacks (hopefully an intentional nod to Kamiya). Speaking of which, the combat is very similar to Hideki Kamiya's guns and blades combinations. I'm hoping that the game has combat even remotely close the the flow of Bayonetta. Anyway, looking good so far.

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
Holy mackerel, that looks awesome! I am 100% buying this.
It looks like it will make me feel the same way Brutal Legend does. As in... WONDERFUL.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Devil may cry but Alice prefers to kick ass instead. Must say I'm surprised at how developed the fighting look at first sight, I wasn't expecting for the game to swerve this way. I'm not gonna start any bashing before any of us has even played the game, it's just a bit strange. But visually pleasing if nothing else.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
I was so excited to hear there was gonna be another Alice game... Now I've seen the trailer, I'm really disappointed. It looks like it'll be just another consolised button-masher. It had so much potential too. ;_;

Humanfactor

Jul 15, 2009
Oh come on. This looks just like any hack'n'slash dodge-the-boss game loosely connected to the actual story. Yes, it is hard to make a true to the original game, but this, I think, you can safely pass and play some more Devil May Cry 3 instead. I mean look at it. Replace Alice with Dante and add some more awesomeness, you get exactly that.
This might have been harsh, but tell me, what exactly is it about this game that you have not seen before?

Cyberjester

Oct 10, 2009
YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

First was grand, and a relatively advanced sequel.. Also the second time this month I've seen it in vids so with any luck it's close to release date. And they release the first again. ^ ^ So much funs