Trailers: Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition Trailer

And here you thought that this game couldn't get any better.

Watch Video

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
New story mission? Me like! Too bad I already got Arkham City with most of the DLC...

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Logan Hartke said:
Wow, did anyone else notice the Command & Conquer scream there at the end?
Its called the Wilhelm Scream. Its been a stock sound effect in meida for nearly as long as there has been sound effects.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
I whould have loved to see
Boss fight arent as shit now - yahtzee
in the quotes .

freakydan

Jan 28, 2010
Kwil said:
I do hope the Harley stuff will be available as DLC.. I'd hate to have to buy the whole damn thing again just to get it.
It has already been announced that the Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC will be released on XBox Live and the PSN (or whatever it's called now) on May 29th.

PortalThinker113

Jul 13, 2010
Kwil said:
I do hope the Harley stuff will be available as DLC.. I'd hate to have to buy the whole damn thing again just to get it.
The Harley stuff is definitely separate, too- It's coming out as the "Harley Quinn's Revenge" DLC on May 29th for $10.00. I'm pretty sure May 29th is the release date everywhere, but I could be wrong.

I, personally, can't wait for the Harley Quinn DLC. We get to play as both Batman and Robin in a story scenario? AND the DLC adds more content on to an already amazing game and gives the already mind-blowing ending even more depth by showing how Harley is dealing with what happened? Yes, please!

Of course, I have never been happier that I bought Arkham City on launch day, as now I know I got the nice box art as opposed to that hideous billboard-looking thing they decided would be a good cover for the GOTY Edition. Even the game's title is shifted to a tiny box on the side to make way for all the review quotes. It looks like this is the Game of the Year Edition of the game "10 out of 10!" at first glance. Yuck.

Cheeseman Muncher

Apr 7, 2009
I'm definitely looking forward to this. =D After Skyrim, Arkham City was easily my favourite game of last year and I'm more than happy to stump up a few extra quid to get some more action. Particuarly if it's got more story and challenge maps. I'm also liking that the action's going to be split between Batman and Robin, I felt the latter was really underused in the main game which was a bit of shame considering his challenge maps are pretty good fun.

Logan Hartke

Apr 27, 2010
gigastar said:
Logan Hartke said:
Its called the Wilhelm Scream. Its been a stock sound effect in meida for nearly as long as there has been sound effects.
No, I'm very familiar with the Wilhelm scream, that's a different sound effect.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Logan Hartke said:
gigastar said:
Logan Hartke said:
No, I'm very familiar with the Wilhelm scream, that's a different sound effect.
Then i must be getting names confused again, however do i know its a stock sound effect as ive heard it in several games from the period and a couple of movies.

Logan Hartke

Apr 27, 2010
At 0:37 in the trailer, they play the first scream heard on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_d6b7IExOw

Which is different than the Wilhelm scream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdbYsoEasio

Wow, this is a new level of geeky. I'll get my coat.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
still dint get this game, havent even played the fist game. maybe one day i will get it. just wish this stupid GfWL would be not required. this thing is such a pain to operate.
i think i cna wait till september to get it when everything will be included.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
Wow, finally, the full game, I'd call thins one Ver. 1.5. THIS, I will buy, as long as the DRM (the thing that prevented me from buying it last year) (Oh, and that stupid ONE MONTH DELAY; to add the stupid DRM in the first place...YES, I AM A PC PLAYER) is NOT in, this time around~

I REALLY WANTED TO SUPPORT THIS GAME, if it wasn't for the DRM, I wouldn't have canceled the preorder...

MikePeck

Nov 20, 2009
The sad thing is that this awesome game with its awesome ending is getting ending dlc (TAKE MY MONEY!!!) while Mass Effect 3...yeah...

And now I wish that the PC bugs didn't fry my saves...

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Well, it does give me a reason to play the game again.

Still, I want a Robin and Nightwing story modes too. Maybe find a way to include Huntress, Spoiler, Bat-woman, Creeper, and maybe Red Hood as well. I want my no man's land analogy to be more apt: Batman is the main story, everyone else is not needed, but nice to have information.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
punipunipyo said:
Wow, finally, the full game, I'd call thins one Ver. 1.5. THIS, I will buy, as long as the DRM (the thing that prevented me from buying it last year) (Oh, and that stupid ONE MONTH DELAY; to add the stupid DRM in the first place...YES, I AM A PC PLAYER) is NOT in, this time around~

I REALLY WANTED TO SUPPORT THIS GAME, if it wasn't for the DRM, I wouldn't have canceled the preorder...
tell me about it.
just yesterday i installed bulletstorm on my new pc and it took me like over 30min or more until i was able to get my profile back again. this GfWL is such a pain in the ass. but it works once its saved on your pc.

so i decided to buy the first batman game now because the demo was ok to play. cheap anyway on steam (20$), since max payne 3 has been postponed to june.