Trailers: Battlefield 3 Fault Line: Get That Wire Cut

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
Choose the red one! Oh, wait...

This game looks pretty good, I hope the melee combat scene means that melee is going to be fixed. I also hope that there are more accurate rifles than the ones they were showing. I like short, controlled bursts.

RedRussian

Jun 7, 2010
Mmmm, me and my xbox 360 are going to spend some quality time together when this beauty comes out.

The Sane

Apr 2, 2010
If anything this just brought my opinion back towards it being just "Yet another modern war shooter". There was too much running and gunning, bullets flying everywhere style action.

I yearn for an FPS that brings it back to more tactical combat. I want another Rainbow 6 game...

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Yay so like CODS kill 200 dudes except the guns shake more. I long for a more tactical shooter. Ghost recon would be a welcome thing. I remember managing my teams and enemy engagments being tough. This just looks spray and pray like COD.

MP should be good though.

GaltarDude1138

Jan 19, 2011
Tharwen said:
I hope that bomb-disarming scene was at least a little bit interactive...

I don't want to spend the entire game being taken through the levels by hand.
Did you see the quick-time events while you were punching that enemy?

Anyways, it looks really cool, even though I probably won't be playing it. I predict I will be too busy...

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
So what exactly does this video showcase, besides the fact that we're going to have to deal with quick-time events? At this point they're just spoiling their set pieces, which are probably going to be the foucus of the game.

Guess I can say goodbye to Bad Company 1's glorious sandbox campaign and get ready for a less-bombastic CoD ripoff.

psivamp

Jan 7, 2010
PettingZOOPONY said:
Lets hope for some cross platform COOP!
That's not likely to happen. Early trials with cross-platform FPS's put consoles at a massive disadvantage.
HOPE1134 said:
when the guy goes prone, he deploys the bipod on his mg
It's about freaking time someone did that in a game. Pisses me off that I'm always holding my weapon up while prone when the damn thing has a bipod. I've been wanting someone to add WORKING bipods to guns in FPS's for some time. Hit down on the D-pad or hold X to deploy bipod while prone or against cover...

Dansrage

Nov 9, 2010
Hmm, although i can't deny that the game looks excellent, i'm kind of worried about the scripting. It looks very heavily scripted, which is never a good thing as it pigeonholes the player.
I'm hoping the scripting is just to show off the engine for the trailers.
The thing that makes games like Half Life, Halo and Crysis so good is that the physics engines and gameplay allow for non-scripted events to be as spectacular as the plot devices.

OZITOMAI

Jul 8, 2009
ok i dont see the huge graphic thingy this game is meant to have, like it seems like its got the same graphics has anyother great ffs,

i know im gonna get trolled on this

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Looking good, hopefully they make the multiplayer as good as BF2 otherwise i'll be rather sad.

Off-Topic:

Anyone else find that 'Prowl' advert really annoying, the movie looks absolutely terrible and I really don't want to hear the badly acted 'OMG A ROADTRIP, SO FUN!' bit ever again.

A Weakgeek

Feb 3, 2011
I hope they plan on having a beta, since this boner would othevise prove to be very uncomfortable to have for the rest of the year.