Trailers: Battleship: The Videogame - Gameplay Trailer

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
The trailer and premise (not to mention a few of the "acting" choices) for the actual movie looked dick shrinkingly god awful, I cant imagine this being any better to be honest.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
I'm still letting it sink in...

Okay, ready.

Honestly, why don't you just put out a regular Battleship game on Xbox Live arcade, and tie it into the movie cheaply by having one side be aliens? At least you're banking off of a sure fire system, instead of copying Call of Duty- ohwait.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
It looks interesting. That trailer didn't really choose the best footage of game play to show off, as in it picked footage that maybe it shouldn't have.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009

this looks so brilliant. a game based of a movie of a board game.
first it looked like cryses, then it looked more like a colorless version of halo with COD.

what will be next? a shooter of a chess game and later then, they will make a movie of the shooter chess game???

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
Which version of the board-game do I buy to see Marines leaving my battleship and rifle-butting the enemy?

exobook

Sep 28, 2011
they'd rather shooting themselves in the foot by releasing this for the US release, no one from outside the US will want to buy a game for a movie like this that nearly a month old.

the abyss gazes also

Professional Over Thinker
Apr 10, 2012
So why does this exist?

Because Hollywood has gotten it into its head that we can strike out and do anything not tied to something already. But here is what really makes my head hurt:

You take a board game that has no inherent plot, and make a movie out of it. You must have had to come up with the plot... so why not just make a crap action film? Your standard amount of movie goers might see it.

And why do companies continue to make crappy movie tie-in games? Has this ever been executed gracefully?

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
'An unconventional first person shooter' that somehow follows convention to the fucking letter?
Looks like a completely bland and generic FPS which panders to Michael Bays power fantasies.

Yeah, will not be touching.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
the abyss gazes also said:
F said:
Th game, based on the film, based on the game...oh boy
If they make a movie based on that game, do we get a black hole?
And we'd all get sucked into an abyss of bad acting and terrible plots! They must be stopped!

bfgmetalhead

Aug 4, 2010
Well this was..unexpected. What next I wonder? mouse trap where you have to stage ambushes on squads of troops?

HouseOfSyn

Nov 25, 2011
sweatm said:
Hey, let's make a videogame tie-in to a movie based on a boardgame. We can make it an FPS!

Brilliantly idiotic.
In a month, when this is on sale for £0.78 I'll get it for that very reason.