Trailers: Binary Domain

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Binary Domain

The age of machines has begun and it's up to you to fight back in Binary Domain.

Watch Video

TheMan2203

Sep 14, 2010
I think this looks kinda like a mix of i-robot and terminator :) could b worth a look, though ive a horrid feeling that its gonna try to be multiplayer as well because as we all know a lot of games do these days :(

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Reminds me of that other game where you kill robots in a futuristic setting...Vanquished was it called?

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
hoping beyond hope they pull a "yeah the robots took over because humans are ass holes and were in the right to do so good job guys you just spent the whole game killing the good guys" plot line.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Wow, you'd think the TF2 Heavy would be ready to settle down after his big debut, but he keeps taking small roles like these. I wonder why.

Also, if the gameplay they've chosen to show on the trailer is this bad, how awful will the actual game be?

Blue_vision

Elite Member
Mar 31, 2009
Lullabye said:
Reminds me of that other game where you kill robots in a futuristic setting...Vanquished was it called?
ryo02 said:
hoping beyond hope they pull a "yeah the robots took over because humans are ass holes and were in the right to do so good job guys you just spent the whole game killing the good guys" plot line.
TheComedown said:
1 part i Robot, 1 part Vanquish, 3 parts shit.
The Random One said:
Wow, you'd think the TF2 Heavy would be ready to settle down after his big debut, but he keeps taking small roles like these. I wonder why.

Also, if the gameplay they've chosen to show on the trailer is this bad, how awful will the actual game be?
I don't get it... The gameplay's looking average in the 40 seconds of actual gameplay that we got to see in a concept trailer. Why does it immediately deserve unbridled hate without any explanation?

i.e. explain why you say it looks terrible

OT: It looks kinda cool. I'll see where it goes

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
It looks good,but a wise man once said that things in trailers always LOOK good. I'll keep my eye on this one,but I need to be a bit skeptical. I hope it's more story and gameplay working together and not just another cover based shooter,we have too many of those to begin with.

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
I'll give the game the benefit of the doubt for now since the trailer actually shows gameplay footage and not just CGI rendered stuff.

Sol_HSA

was gaming before you were born
Nov 25, 2008
Someone's read their ghost in a shell. I wouldn't be surprised if the storyline ends up with the protagonist being secretly a robot, or turning on the robots' side.

BroJing

Sep 16, 2010
I have to say, I'm actually kind of intrigued. Mostly because I liked the irobot film alot (might of helped that I'd never read the books) and this also reminds me a bit of Ghost in the Shell (the first one, before it went three ways bananas).

I am def gonna look out for this.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Looks kinda of cool. Also do my eyes deceive me? Female soldiers wearing what you'd expect someone to wear in a war zone?

Jabberwock King

Mar 27, 2011
I like what I see, no need to ramp up the bile-o-tron. It definitely looks like an interesting piece, and for the people mentioning Vanquish, this thing looks like a squad based tactical shooter, rather than the one-man-army-style Vanquish.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Blue_vision said:
Lullabye said:
ryo02 said:
TheComedown said:
1 part i Robot, 1 part Vanquish, 3 parts shit.
The Random One said:

I don't get it... The gameplay's looking average in the 40 seconds of actual gameplay that we got to see in a concept trailer. Why does it immediately deserve unbridled hate without any explanation?

OT: It looks kinda cool. I'll see where it goes
I never said it looked terrible. I was saying it looks like that game has been made before. It really doesn't look very interesting, and I'll be surprised if the story is made up of anything but cliche(if they hit space at any point then it becomes a space marine game).

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Cool concept. I bet it'll pull a 6th day on us. NO ARNIE, YOU ARE THE CLONE... ROBOT

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well it did kinda remind me of vanquish, but just a little. Otherwise, looked neat.
Also, something that i found strange was, the trailer didn't say the robots started a uprising ( you know, being bad and whatnot), but it kinda seemed the main guys wanted to end it before it started (though the trailer did show some very big fights, so I'm gonna bet that stopping it won't go well).
Anyways, looks neat, i guess.

Blue_vision

Elite Member
Mar 31, 2009
Lullabye said:
Blue_vision said:
I never said it looked terrible. I was saying it looks like that game has been made before. It really doesn't look very interesting, and I'll be surprised if the story is made up of anything but cliche(if they hit space at any point then it becomes a space marine game).
Fair enough.

I'd still like to hear from those other posts. Especially the latter two.

Avistew

Jun 2, 2011
I didn't follow this trailer. "They now have egos, personalities, emotions... we have to kill them all!" Er, no, you didn't make me want to destroy a single one of them. They might as well be humans at this point, and in shooters I rarely shoot humans just because they are humans.
Are they really a threat? Looks like you're the one going out of your way to kill them. I don't think I can get behind the character's motives from what I get from the trailer.
And the name, binary, making it sound like it's a either or... Can't they just find an arrangement? Surely it can't be that all robots hate all humans and vice-versa?