Trailers: Blizzard DOTA - Announcement Trailer

SonofSeth

Dec 16, 2007
Deeleted said:
As a seasoned DotA player, I have to say that this looks really awful.

Fun concept. But all the things they added just seem very, very bad.
As a seasoned hater of everything DotA I have to say this looks really great.

All the things they added just seem like it could finally make DotA fun.

Orks da best

Oct 12, 2011
Behazard said:
If they include Flintlocke as a playable character I'll never play Valve's game.. Would love to be able to shoot flaming squirrels out of a cannon.

OT: Not really surprised at Blizzard trying to compete with Valve's game. Doubt there will be much difference between them, 'cept for the playable characters.
oh please let them do that! also to Oxhron too!

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
SNORE. Looks like ol' Blizz is getting butthurt that Valve is making a better version than a mod from one of their games.

These games are terribly boring and the community is a bunch of hatemongering trolls, but if its your cup of tea, you got 6 of the exact. same. game. to play, so...have....fun?

(these are supposed to be fun games right?)

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Aw, no Diabloverse references? Not buying, then.

Kidding. This looks somewhat amusing, but I'm still waiting on Valve's version.

monnes

Sep 23, 2009
dunam said:
monnes said:
I would claim that more than anything, it's Icefrogs IP now, and since he's working for valve now, I don't really see the problem with valve making DOTA 2 as a full game, valve really has a habit of hiring modders and making their mods into games, although usually they'd been modding valve games. I can see Baldrs point though.
I guess your argument is that because Icefrog is the recent popularizer and changed and edited DOTA so much to its succesful level, that it's his IP.

I have no real knowledge about IP, but I doubt IP works that way. You write a story. I'm the one who edits it a lot and add a lot to it. Doesn't make it my IP.
Actually, as it is a mod created by the community, I don't really think anyone can claim a right to the IP, law-wise. I was just trying to say that I think Icefrog deserves it more than anyone else, except possibly for the original creater, of whom I don't know the name and won't bother to look up.

Mar 2, 2011
League of Legends makes a shitload of money and suddenly everyone is jumping on the DotA/MOBA bandwagon. Though I gotta say, I love the little Valve Time reference: "coming soon...ish".

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
TheSniperFan said:
Even if I won't buy this games, it will, for sure, be interesting to watch.

Valve vs. Blizzard
Quality-Games vs. Overrated-Games*

*Seriously, nowadays WOW is not what it was when it was released. It's a cheap-looking game, with cheap quests that's very expensive too. I hope that WOW will just die in order to give Innovative-MMORPG's a chance. I wouldn't even mind if it was WOW 2, just a new game.
Nikolaz72 said:
I still find it entertaining. Its the same game but with so much polish that you are pretty unlikely to, even just find a bug. Even find a glitch in the map. Its so polished and patched up that you'd have to be in the beta of an expansion to find a glitch or a bug. I guess with the new Expansion they will rework both map and gameplay which means new bugs and new balance issues. But fact is, I find it fun. Over ten million other people find it fun. You dont find it fun. Lets just stick to that.
I tried other MMO's, still find World of Warcraft to be the superior atm. And in many peoples minds it will remain so, because nobody is making World of Warcraft 'killers' Which means that World of Warcraft is the best World of Warcraft out there, you will be hardly strained to find another company making a better World of Warcraft than Blizzard.

I still find it entertaining. Its the same game but with so much polish that you are pretty unlikely to, even just find a bug. Even find a glitch in the map. Its so polished and patched up that you'd have to be in the beta of an expansion to find a glitch or a bug. I guess with the new Expansion they will rework both map and gameplay which means new bugs and new balance issues. But fact is, I find it fun. Over ten million other people find it fun. You dont find it fun. Lets just stick to that.

Mathak

The Tax Man Cometh
Mar 27, 2009
DeadlyBritishDisease said:
League of Legends makes a shitload of money and suddenly everyone is jumping on the DotA/MOBA bandwagon. Though I gotta say, I love the little Valve Time reference: "coming soon...ish".
Soonish is actually an official Blizzard term. It lies between 'soon' and 'the end of time'. Probably.

OT, I doubt there'll be any competing with DOTA2 or LoL, since Blizzard DOTA is a free map for SC2 like Left 2 Die and Aiur Chef and not an actual stand-alone game.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Well, I think Blizzard finally found a game to make that anybody would want to buy.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
This is hilarious, Blizzard said they wont mess with the community on these games but now that Valve went there it's brewing into an all out war.

Mathak

The Tax Man Cometh
Mar 27, 2009
Mr.K. said:
This is hilarious, Blizzard said they wont mess with the community on these games but now that Valve went there it's brewing into an all out war.
I hear free maps for a completely different game are srs bizniz, right? Gabe Newell must be lying awake at night in terror, waiting for the Blizzard-assassins to come.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Mathak said:
I hear free maps for a completely different game are srs bizniz, right? Gabe Newell must be lying awake at night in terror, waiting for the Blizzard-assassins to come.
You might not have noticed but companies can't exactly use other peoples trademark names, Valve fucked the DOTA community over theirs and now Blizzard is running in for the same claim.

Mark my words, there will be blood :p

Sucal

Dragonborn Ponyeater
Dec 23, 2009
MercurySteam said:
Well, I think Blizzard finally found a game to make that anybody would want to buy.
I don't. Never understood the appeal of DOTA but then that's because its far too serious business for me. Not to mention it reminds me too much of Warcraft 3, which would have been far better if they removed the heroes.

Now their getting warcraft all over my precious starcraft. Bad Blizz Bad