Trailers: Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer Trailer

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009

Any, interesting character, love her visual design, but she seems like a bit overpowered. What if you get both Anarchy and Richochet, so missed bullets bounce, and then puts the rest of her points into upgrading that death robot?

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Anarchy is for close up fighting, really difficult as alot of things in this game will completely destroy you if you dont at least have a corner to hide around. Anarchy is a gameplay style in and of itself and you will probably end up dumping all your points into this tree and the ricochet skill from BFF to compensate for the accuracy loss.

Little big trouble is focused on shock damage. Some bonuses also apply to other elements but shock always gets the best deal. Since its focused on elemental damage the focus will be DoT effects. Also Deathtraps best offensive upgrades are in this tree.

And BFF is the crutch character. As Gearbox said its based around making the game easy for inexperienced shooters. Unless you suck at shooting things or hate fun i feel this tree is best hybridised. Deathtraps support and defensive upgrades are in this tree.

Since all 3 trees are so massively different, hybrid charaters can also carry an immense variety based on which of the 24 tier 1-3 skills you choose out of which she has available.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
I can't wait to get my hands on her, wait that didn't sound right...

I can't wait to play with he.. screw it.

Out of all the original characters she seem to be the one which has the most varied skill trees.
Heavy stack of Anarchy mixed with Close enough, as someone said, looks like a real killer combination.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Not G. Ivingname said:

Any, interesting character, love her visual design, but she seems like a bit overpowered. What if you get both Anarchy and Richochet, so missed bullets bounce, and then puts the rest of her points into upgrading that death robot?
Ricochet reduce damage.

NathLines

May 23, 2010
Shiiiieeeet... 3 of the guys I bought the four-pack with still haven't even played the game yet. We're waiting for 1 of them to get an actual internet connection; he recently moved. I played with another guy 'cause he was all alone(apparently, his friends didn't think the game looked good and were busy playing CoD). It was like sleeping with someone out of pity.

Anyway, Gaige is looking sweet. She reminds me of Tiny Tina in the way that SHE TALKS!!

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
She looks awesome my mate just bought me Borderlands 2 so I;m gonna get this DLC when it arrives xD

I just love the way she looks and sounds xD The giant robot is pretty freaking awesome too.
Not G. Ivingname said:
Does anyone else think she sounds like Rainbow Dash?
lol I was trying to think who she sounded like xD yeah rainbow dash....hahaha

TwoSidesOneCoin

Dec 11, 2010
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Not G. Ivingname said:

Yeah... Luci Christian.
That's not what I've found out. I too thought she sounded just like rainbow dash, but turns out it's not so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherami_Leigh

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
I seriously need to put in age verification while logged in?

That's fucking retarded.

That said, I've been having an absolute blast over the past half hour or so of gameplay with the Mecromancer, and I haven't even reached level 5 yet. Her quips are just *cool* and her skills promise to be devastating.

And, of course, she sounds like Rainbow Dash, which is icing on the referential cake.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I really appreciate Hammerlock's breakdown of these characters. He doesn't insult your intelligence by trying to over-compensate his presentation with in-your-face descriptions of the carnage you can cause with a character. He sounds more like a dungeon master informing his players what to expect if they choose this character, and the paths they can choose in the long term.

TwoSidesOneCoin

Dec 11, 2010
TwoSidesOneCoin said:
Not G. Ivingname said:

Yeah... Luci Christian.
That's not what I've found out. I too thought she sounded just like rainbow dash, but turns out it's not so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherami_Leigh
Huh, Orcz wiki has her as Luci Christian:

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Voice_Actors#Luci_Christian
I've no idea how twitter works, seeing as I think it's bloody retarded, but alas that's another thread for another day, but here is a link of someone named Anthony Burch, which if the internet is to be believed (and it should be questioned now and then) is a writer for gearbox answering the voice actor question.

https://twitter.com/reverendanthony/status/254249233996189696

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
Easiest-Hardest
1. Salvador
2. Axton
3. Gaige
4. Zero
5. Maya

While in multiplayer...
1. Zero
2. Axton
3. Salvador
4. Maya
5. Gaige
That's just subjective and depends on play styles, I found playing as Axton hard since I like sniping but he's rank 2 on your list. While I usually have an easy time with Zero but he's the second hardest on your list.

So again, it's subjective.

Khravv

Jun 8, 2011
ExtraDebit said:
-snip-
I rank based on ease of use. For the same effort you put into Zero, you would have an easier time as Axton. The biggest single player issue is getting aggro off of you, because how high the damage is in this game. Axton can drop his turret, hide in a corner, and be perfectly fine, while Zero has to rely on good positioning, as well as clever use of Deception to stay alive. Salvador is easiest because he can do what the characters in the first game did... waddle into the fray, suck up everything the enemy can throw, and win anyway.
While this is true, I think (at least for people like me) sometimes the "clever" element comes more naturally. I don't have to think very hard to use Zero effectively in a solo run. Though I do agree Axton ranks up in there.
Both Axton and the Mechromancer's abilities are great for solo runs because they can make it... less solo when it matters.
Maya's phaselock is also nice for keeping Badass enemies off of you while you catch your breath, and salvadors toughness is definitely a huge perk.
End of the day, I think all of the characters have merit on a solo run, and ease of their use is more related to your personal playstyle. Picking a solo run character means you'll want to decide which character best fits your preferred play style.

On the topic at hand:
I haven't gotten to play the mechromancer much yet, though I just started a co-op with my brother as a Salvador + Gaige. The result has been a pretty aggressive combo. Salvador's gunzerking is great for charging in, and Gaige's skills lend her to CQB very well. Most fights seem to play out as a pretty intense, but short, bloodbath. A big change from my other run through, which is a doubled Zero run.

Mirrorknight

Jul 23, 2009
She's pretty nicely varied. Play BFF if you're new, Little Big Trouble if you like her mech and want it to do most of the heavy lifting, and Ordered Chaos if you want to absolutely, positively do the most damage, and damn the consequences. You can mix and match a bit, going Little Big Trouble with some Anarchy to get a flurry attack for Deathtrap while helping Gaige's own damage without going too crazy with the accuracy debuff, or go with some BFF and pick up the exploding attack with Deathtrap and lengthen the time its out.

I started with Ordered Chaos but switched to Little Big Trouble for the time being. Maybe once I get some levels and can get some of the anarchy creating bonuses, I'll switch back. One hitting bosses and turning them into a fine red vapor was beast, but dying and losing 400 anarchy stacks and having to get them back blew.