Trailers: Borderlands 2 Teaser

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
This tells me a bunch about the game: dual wielding rifles, new weapons, a new character, robots, Ice crab things, and arctic and grassland zones.

I guess it's moved from springtime to summer on Pandora.

The_Yeti

Jan 17, 2011
Seeing this teaser... makes my heart bleed for the epic smg with seriously fast fire, stability, and aim, I had in BL1 on the 360. Unleashing full clips directly into the head, I MISS IT SO!

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
I noticed something there. That man is a punk rocker. He had a little badge on one of his shoulder straps

and that's a Dead Kennedys symbol(they were one of the premier punk bands in California in the late 70's and 80's)

Yes, I really am that observant.

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
Nice little birthday present they put up there :p

Borderlands finally scratched that itch that Hellgate couldn't, there was just the right amount of DLC without flogging it, and a sequel, if done right, would be fantastic.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
OMG teaser trailer didn't contain in-depth representation of actual gameplay. I'm calling it now: worst game ever!

RYjet911

May 11, 2008
Echo136 said:
That told me absolutely nothing about the game, unless its going to allow you to dual wield assault rifles, which would be ridiculous. I hate trailers like these.
That's why it's called a teaser, not a trailer ;)

OT: Cannot wait. Borderlands, while it had its flaws, was a great shooter with a remarkably impressive DLC lineup that added a hell of a lot with each small purchase. Much more than four multiplayer maps and a zombies map for twice the price. :p Hopefully this one solves its predecessor's issues.

Arkley

Mar 12, 2009
The teaser could show a duck taking a shit for all I care - I was resigned to buying the game the moment they named it "Borderlands 2".

koroem

Jul 12, 2010
Accountfailed said:
That told me nothing about the game. >:C
At least it was a real teaser that showed off characters, art design, monsters, weapons and not 30 seconds to a minute of black screen, stupid sound effects and music, then just a a title smashed on the screen. I really hate teasers that do that.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
RYjet911 said:
Echo136 said:
That told me absolutely nothing about the game, unless its going to allow you to dual wield assault rifles, which would be ridiculous. I hate trailers like these.
That's why it's called a teaser, not a trailer ;)

OT: Cannot wait. Borderlands, while it had its flaws, was a great shooter with a remarkably impressive DLC lineup that added a hell of a lot with each small purchase. Much more than four multiplayer maps and a zombies map for twice the price. :p Hopefully this one solves its predecessor's issues.
Fair enough I used the wrong word. It teased pretty much nothing.

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
Well, that certainly was a waste of my time.

The first Borderlands was pretty terrible, and instead of showing how this game could be, ya know, better. They don't.

They tease at varied areas in the game, god only knows if they'll deliver or if we'll be stuck in deserted wasteland again. Will the level design be good this time, instead of having a sparse ammount of enemies in a small cluster on a huge linear map, or is it going to be the same formula - get in the car until you run into enemies/objectives.

Are the menus gonna suck ass again? Will spec actually mean anything for any class other than the sniper? Will content be balanced so certain classes aren't useless and other classes can do whatever the hell they damn well please (looking at you again sniper)?

Thats why I hate teaser trailers. They're just a waste of time and money, used to hype up people who are going to buy your product anyways. They didn't show how they plan to build on the first game, they didn't show off any new unique features (Duel Weilding has been done before. Alot of times before). It just went "Oooh shiny" so fanboys could wet themselves over it.

Taken straight from Square Enix's practices I see. This one will definately be skip for me then.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
As a teaser it did for me what it needed to. I now know not to expect it next year(although a little bit more precise indication would have made me more happy) and it showed off a bit of that new guy, who I'm not crazy about but certainly am intrigued by. One more good trailer and I'll gladly consider this a must have next year when it is released.

Australian Justice
Jan 30, 2010
Anyone hoping for a 9 slot gun inventory? still that dual wield shit is sweet!!

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Uber Waddles said:
Well, that certainly was a waste of my time.

The first Borderlands was pretty terrible, and instead of showing how this game could be, ya know, better. They don't.

They tease at varied areas in the game, god only knows if they'll deliver or if we'll be stuck in deserted wasteland again. Will the level design be good this time, instead of having a sparse ammount of enemies in a small cluster on a huge linear map, or is it going to be the same formula - get in the car until you run into enemies/objectives.

Are the menus gonna suck ass again? Will spec actually mean anything for any class other than the sniper? Will content be balanced so certain classes aren't useless and other classes can do whatever the hell they damn well please (looking at you again sniper)?

Thats why I hate teaser trailers. They're just a waste of time and money, used to hype up people who are going to buy your product anyways. They didn't show how they plan to build on the first game, they didn't show off any new unique features (Duel Weilding has been done before. Alot of times before). It just went "Oooh shiny" so fanboys could wet themselves over it.

Taken straight from Square Enix's practices I see. This one will definately be skip for me then.
First off, you answered your own question in regards as to why there isn't really much information in a fucking teaser trailer. Secondly:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/08/10/randy-pitchford-talks-borderlands-2.aspx

According to Randy, yes, they are fixing the menus. As far as classes go, Salvador (The guy in the teaser) is basically the Berserker from BL1 but with Dual-Wielding as part of his action skill. So rather than balance the classes in a boring way, I'm guessing all of the classes will be horrendously over-powered in their own unique way. And the skill tree won't rely on stat changes as much as the first game.

CJSinc

May 1, 2011
People like you are the reason secrets in trailers and games get found so fast :D