Trailers: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - BTS Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - BTS Trailer

A look into Treyarch's plans for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

Watch Video

F4LL3N

May 2, 2011
I don't care what anyone says, I think it's looking pretty great.

The franchise is stagnant. Yeah, right. Basically every title I've played has had significate add-ons, on top of increasingly polished gameplay. This time there's fucking RTS elements in it. How can anyone get off saying they don't innovate.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
I guess I'm in a bit of a lucky state since black ops was the only CoD I ever played and so havent suffered series burnout and am really looking forward to this

I still take everything they say in these sort of videos with mountainous piles of salt as... well its media, they are meant to say all this stuff! always remember the matrix game before it came out, developers and PR people saying how it was revolutionising this, innovating that and it ended up... well piss poor in my opinion

None the less I look forward to playing it!

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
F4LL3N said:

The franchise is stagnant. Yeah, right. Basically every title I've played has had significate add-ons, on top of increasingly polished gameplay. This time there's fucking RTS elements in it. How can anyone get off saying they don't innovate.
It's nice they are trying something new I guess, but that isn't innovative. It is in the sense that it's a Triple A title doing it, but it's not that new of a concept. Before this game was even close to development, there was at least one PC game that did this as well.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
A horse in a mo-cap suit!

Huh? What? Oh yeah, I think there was something about a video game in there too.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
have to admit. it does sound interesting. not bad for using a real horse to capture the movements. still more interested in the MP though but the SP might be worth playing.
still not 100% if i will get it. depends how much fun i have with AC3.

getoffmycloud

Jun 13, 2011
F4LL3N said:

But so far the RTS thing is all I am seeing that is different. I would like to be able to look at the game and tell it apart from the other COD games but I can't it still has that horrible brown orange tint to everything that looks shit, the gun play looks the same, all the awesome bits are scripted not player created as usual.

Then you have the E3 demo where despite the fact they have been talking about robot soldiers and stuff like that you are still fighting a typical mercenary group and all they have done is replace manned aircraft with unmanned ones so frankly setting it in the future is looking like a waste of time because the drones they use are the ones that are currently used by the military anyway.

nayrbarr

Aug 11, 2010
I have to admit, this does look like an improvement for the series. That's not to say that it looks *good* as such, but it looks different enough to actually deserve a change. That have been said, there was a lot of spin in this trailer.

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
Got to admit they seem to be actually trying something new and hopefully this game might be add something to the series, or will just be the next largest selling game of all time..

Personally I do hope this game is the last call of duty and then they can just merge the zombies into the singleplayer and then merge zombies to the multiplayer and then just have an awesome online objective based multiplayer with zombies thrown into the mix

Captcha: road less travelled.. very good captcha, very good

Revell

Jan 2, 2011
It looks different and many of my CodPlaying friends say they arent going to buy it. Put never mind their lazy opinion.
For my opinion, any step away from the old BO is a step in the right direction, kidna lookin forward for it, it just maybe different enought to be actually good.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
And so it begins. Everyone will now start to say "wow, this doesn't look bad!", not realising what they just watched was an advertisement, not a true representation of the game.
Then, when the game comes out and is inevitably shit, they will complain and say they're never buying another CoD game.
Until the previews come out, and hey! This doesn't look so bad!

F4LL3N

May 2, 2011
Baresark said:
I know there's an RTS that allows you to go into first person mode. Can't remember much about it though.

getoffmycloud said:
it still has that horrible brown orange tint to everything that looks shit
I have an idea, something that would make the game better and probably less hated.

They need to have official visual mods for the game. Something you can just go into the option menu and turn on or off. So you can use, for example, cell shaded graphics, maybe paint ball guns or laser bullets (strictly visual), etc, etc. Only on your end though.

It would remove one of the biggest arguments against it, brown-grey-ness.

F4LL3N

May 2, 2011
Westaway said:
And so it begins. Everyone will now start to say "wow, this doesn't look bad!", not realising what they just watched was an advertisement, not a true representation of the game.
Then, when the game comes out and is inevitably shit, they will complain and say they're never buying another CoD game.
Well, I hated both MW2 and MW3 when they first came out, but I eventually grew to love them both. I loved CoD4, WaW, and BO from the moment I started playing.

The trailer wasn't even that good. I'm just saying, the RTS thing shows they are doing new things, and the motion capture thing shows they at least put effort into it. Unlike other developers.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
F4LL3N said:
Westaway said:
Well, I hated both MW2 and MW3 when they first came out, but I eventually grew to love them both. I loved CoD4, WaW, and BO from the moment I started playing.

The trailer wasn't even that good. I'm just saying, the RTS thing shows they are doing new things, and the motion capture thing shows they at least put effort into it. Unlike other developers.
No, it doesn't. It looks like a gimmick. They re-use amzing amounts code each game, and they're still using the same engin. It doesn't look like they're putting any effort in at all.
*incoming cliched statement*
Call of Duty 4 was the last good Call of Duty. In fact, there are only three good Call of Dutys; 1, 2 and 4. There rest are poorly made.

F4LL3N

May 2, 2011
Westaway said:
No, it doesn't. It looks like a gimmick. They re-use amzing amounts code each game, and they're still using the same engin. It doesn't look like they're putting any effort in at all.
Call of Duty 4 was the last good Call of Duty. In fact, there are only three good Call of Dutys; 1, 2 and 4. There rest are poorly made.
I'll take that with a grain of salt. If they're basically the same game, how do you manage to like one but hate the rest? It would make sense that you like them all, or at the very least World at War, since that was very similar to Call of Duty 4 in regards to the game mechanics.

Besides, it breaks all logic to spends millions designing a new engine when you have use of one of the most fluid and polished FTS engines available.

Using good technology does not make it a gimmick. Just because it's not your style of game doesn't make it poorly made. Besides a few glitches, that btw aren't generally gamebreaking and in many cases adds to the fun, they are extremely polished in terms of what they set out to accomplish.

Although I'll admit Call of Duty 4 is still probably my favorite, despite the crappy matchmaking when your in Australia.

I haven't even got to the fact that basically every title has significant additions from previous titles, which you'd know if you'd played any of them (I'm assuming you haven't played the later titles, since that's generally the case when someone presents such poor arguments--although I could be wrong.)

Jan 13, 2012
I couldn't get past the horse in the mo-cap suit before laughing my head off.

I like when they said they are going to still make it grounded in reality. Since when has reality been fun?

Anyway, I might get it for zombies and that's all. Maybe I'll just borrow it from a friend.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
F4LL3N said:
Westaway said:
I'll take that with a grain of salt. If they're basically the same game, how do you manage to like one but hate the rest? It would make sense that you like them all, or at the very least World at War, since that was very similar to Call of Duty 4 in regards to the game mechanics.

Besides, it breaks all logic to spends millions designing a new engine when you have use of one of the most fluid and polished FTS engines available.

Using good technology does not make it a gimmick. Just because it's not your style of game doesn't make it poorly made. Besides a few glitches, that btw aren't generally gamebreaking and in many cases adds to the fun, they are extremely polished in terms of what they set out to accomplish.

Although I'll admit Call of Duty 4 is still probably my favorite, despite the crappy matchmaking when your in Australia.

I haven't even got to the fact that basically every title has significant additions from previous titles, which you'd know if you'd played any of them (I'm assuming you haven't played the later titles, since that's generally the case when someone presents such poor arguments--although I could be wrong.)
How could I pass judgement on a game without playing it? Just because I dislike CoD doesn't mean I do it for attention or to look cool.

It's pretty easy to make the distinction between the games quality wise. True, most shit stays the same from sequel to sequel, but there are always some chamges fir the worse each time. Balencing is the most obvious on; either Infinty Ward and Treyarch should learn how to balence their weapons ajd killstreaks, or have fewer. The balence is very off, I could name several things in each game (including 4, although to an lesser extent)

Thr glitches I couldn't care less about, they're really a problem for me (but I said the same for Skyrim, so take that as you will)

It IS my style of game. I love Call of Duty 4, and the basic mechanics of the new ones are great. However, everything else that gets added on top is shit.

World at War was... Okay. The campaign was pretty good, albeit a little boring at times. The multiplayer was kinda shitty. Dogs were a pain in the ass, mortars went on for too long, bouncing betties were impossibe to see....

As for the engin, I admit I just through that in there. My bad. The engin is pretty good.