Trailers: Call of Duty: Elite - Join Up Trailer

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
See, despite my feelings for CoD, that was a pretty good trailer. EA, take note! Because your marketing departing needs replacing...

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
Saw this trailer yesterday. Felt dirty to call myself a gamer for a little bit. Every moment of this douchbaggery was disgusting and obnoxious, and while I was merely apathetic towards MW3 before, NOW I find myself against it. My love of Battlefield is only cemented more. And this is my first real hate-filled post with actual feeling behind it. Congratulations, CoD Elite trailer. You finally did it.

Bloodtrozorx

Jan 23, 2012
I am underwhelmed...I have considered Elite but it struck me as a ridiculous expense to attempt to explain. This did not convince me.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
People complaining about the trailer: Are you complaining because you didn't like the trailer or because you didn't like CoD: Elite?

I thought that the trailer was pretty funny. If I didn't already belong to Elite, I...well, probably still wouldn't because the commercial wasn't THAT good but I'd consider it.

I love companies who make commercials where they don't take themselves too seriously. Yes, they want to sell a product but they are OK with making fun of themselves in the process (How do you disappoint your mom? ELITE!)

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
Did the guys who worked Viseral's advertising do this as well?
Kinda funny how there taking the piss out of themselves now and trying at the same time to try and come up with ways to break there bank and *innovate*.

Mar 30, 2010
teebeeohh said:
wow
this is really bad. like EA bad
I agree. I enjoy an afternoon in the CoD lobbies as much as anyone (which is to say far more than most people on The Escapist) but even I found this trailer to be utterly cringeworthy. For the benefit of non CoD players, I would just like to say we're not all like that. For the benefit of Activision, I would just like to say WE'RE NOT ALL LIKE THAT.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I see they know their demographic very well, I was going to say the trailer is horrid but then I realized it's just childish, it was made to appeal to kids who actually are their biggest piece of the pie.

angry_flashlight

Jul 20, 2010
<splat, Head explodes>
BANG!

Me - M40A5 - Obnoxious Man
+100
+10 Headshot
+457 Marksmen Bonus
+20 Savior Kill

Me: "What was that about Elite?"

Jokes aside, self-parody or not, this ad fails to enrapture me with the product. Why would I want Heat maps & everything when the self-parodic nature of the ad seems to imply that these things are unnecessary? If it's not self-parody, then it's just obnoxious (this is true no matter which PoV you look at it from).

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
ok, it had some amusing moments but i sure will not sign up for this. i still enjoy MW3 MP but not that much that i want to have elite.
otherwise the trailer was stupid and non appealing.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
Couldn't tell if bad or good
Some moments were full of so much facepalm it wasn't even imaginable
But at other times it made me chuckle
Overall though i'm going to go ahead and name it a fail, truly disappointing even for them

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
seriously, why would he be advertising it as ''why pay for 4 $15 map packs when CoD Elite is only $50 bucks! woo!''? Alright, I get that they are acting like you're saving money on this but to me it basically spelled out that the map packs were overpriced, leading to Activision being able to justify an overpriced subscription service, and that the marketing team is fully aware of all this.