Trailers: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: England

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
UtopiaV1 said:
Ariseishirou said:
Korten12 said:
-also snip-
You guys have clearly played the MW games, have you noticed something about the character you play, Soap? The protagonist? He suffers from a similar impediment as Gordon Freeman and Nomad from Crysis... a serious case of 'silent protagonist'.

In the MW series, it happens to be that most of his mates are yanks. Which for the most part is a good thing, I happen to think American voices have a pattern and style that suits being on screen... well, you know what I mean. When I hear british accents, I sometimes just think "Eugh, that sounds terrible. He's a terrible voice actor." Like Wheatley in Portal 2, that was some cringe-worthy dialogue delivery.

I think we all lost the point of this thread a long time ago, so I'm going to make this utterly simple with no hidden messages. MW3 is not doing anything new for this iteration, it is only pretending that setting the game in london/berlin/paris is an inventive new setting for the series, and I despise that. We will run around as US infatrymen in these 'exotic' new locals, with american weapony shooting plain old Russian badguys. There will be explosions, buildings collapsing, jets delivering danger-close fire missions, and a betrayal or 20 by 'trusted' officers who 2 levels ago were giving you mission briefings.

Dull, repetitive, nothing new. And you will buy it.
How do you know its doing something new? It will be similar no doubt but have they give you all of the info?

UtopiaV1

Feb 8, 2009
Korten12 said:
UtopiaV1 said:
-big ol' snip-
How do you know its doing something new? It will be similar no doubt but have they give you all of the info?
I hope to god I get proved wrong. But still, anybody can spot a pattern emerging here. CoD used to be original (WW2 setting aside), now it has spawned the very definition of repetitive sequels. No more, I cry!

Set it on Mars, or have it so we're fighting the Australians instead, or set it in the 1500's, I don't care, just get out of this rut.

Ariseishirou

Aug 24, 2010
UtopiaV1 said:
In the MW series, it happens to be that most of his mates are yanks.
Again, have you played this series?

Soap's (Scottish) "mates" in MW are: - Price (English)
- Gaz (English)
- Ghost (English)
- Roach (unknown, possibly British, Canadian, Australian, or American)
- Griggs (American, only part of the very last bit of CoD4)

"Most" of his mates are not yanks.

Sheesh, if you're going to criticize the series you could at least make accurate statements about it. Why does it always seem like the CoD series' detractors haven't actually played the games, at least not for more than a couple of minutes?