Trailers: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gameplay Debut

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Looks okay. As everyone has said, it has the trademark huge set pieces and general crazy goings on. Not much different from the other games though...

Also, why is everything gray? Did The Color Out of Space [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Color_Out_of_Space] attack the world when everyone was distracted by the Russians? And is that the reason it is WW3, 'cause they are fighting the color and the people controlled by the color? Actually, that is not a half bad idea for a game... Someone needs to make that now! Breakfastman demands it!

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Dawkter said:
Worgen said:
ehh, looks like cod, impressive set pieces as usual with a more and more crazy plot, Im just waiting till they announce it was really aliens since they clearly want to go that route, the plot of a cod game has never been as good as it was back in cod 4 since they kept that in somewhat plausible settings, this invading america thing is just stupid and I wish devs would cut it out, really the only countries that could invade america are mexico and canada and I dont think either one is really eager to try it right now
WaW was very plausible. Not as good as CoD4, but WaW had a decent plot. MW2's plot was kind of stupid (i.e.: Why are there so many people on Shepard's side when HE started the war and killed his own pawns, how did Makarov know Allen was just a decoy, why didn't Allen kill Makarov and his team on the spot and say it was an accident, why is Ramirez treated like a disposable slave and what's so important about Burger Town, and why were they in Afghanistan in the beginning?), but I still cared about the characters (except for Griggs, God what a fag) and while the plot twists were abundant they got me by surprise.
Black Ops did nicely. Like WaW, it was nowhere near CoD4-status, but it was nice, action-filled, and at least it cleaned up the plot holes in time for the ending.
waw wasnt that plausible but unfortunately I cant remember enough about it to really get into why, it was just kinda crappy, the main thing I remember about it was that the machine guns would blow off limbs (neat) and that all the guns sounded like toys (but that might have been my fault for playing bad company 2 before it, I only got to waw over the holidays)

Zeroththeking

Jan 20, 2009
Black Ops was okay, I don't know why everyone is whining about it. As enjoyable as Yahtzee is, I have a feeling that most of the people on this site just tack on the opinions of Yahtzee and point to it, saying, "Yep, that was my opinion."

Or people are just angry that they can't create their own game so they complain about other games.

Or people are pissed that they spent 60 dollars on a game that wasn't on their skyscraper high standards and they are mad that they can't trade it back for the 60 dollars that they paid for it and will only get 6 dollars now.

Single player of every single CoD game (minus WaW, since I haven't played it) Has been \fine/. Games are always \fine/. There will not be a Jesus game that comes out until a game is literally made by nothing but machines. And this is also a teaser, calm the complaining down to a dull roar. Or at least formulate your own opinions...

Edit: Another thing I found is that the many things that people complain about is the things that have been in every single CoD game, and aren't exactly game breaking.

Sure, the UMP45 was the most used gun in MW2, along with the AK74u in Black Ops, and the MP44 in WaW, but they weren't game breaking guns.

Bob_F_It

It stands for several things
May 7, 2008
If I wanted to play a game for some f*** off explosions, I'd fire up Split/Second; it doesn't cost two games, and you get a cool car.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Dawkter said:
Worgen said:
Dawkter said:
Worgen said:
ehh, looks like cod, impressive set pieces as usual with a more and more crazy plot, Im just waiting till they announce it was really aliens since they clearly want to go that route, the plot of a cod game has never been as good as it was back in cod 4 since they kept that in somewhat plausible settings, this invading america thing is just stupid and I wish devs would cut it out, really the only countries that could invade america are mexico and canada and I dont think either one is really eager to try it right now
WaW was very plausible. Not as good as CoD4, but WaW had a decent plot. MW2's plot was kind of stupid (i.e.: Why are there so many people on Shepard's side when HE started the war and killed his own pawns, how did Makarov know Allen was just a decoy, why didn't Allen kill Makarov and his team on the spot and say it was an accident, why is Ramirez treated like a disposable slave and what's so important about Burger Town, and why were they in Afghanistan in the beginning?), but I still cared about the characters (except for Griggs, God what a fag) and while the plot twists were abundant they got me by surprise.
Black Ops did nicely. Like WaW, it was nowhere near CoD4-status, but it was nice, action-filled, and at least it cleaned up the plot holes in time for the ending.
waw wasnt that plausible but unfortunately I cant remember enough about it to really get into why, it was just kinda crappy, the main thing I remember about it was that the machine guns would blow off limbs (neat) and that all the guns sounded like toys (but that might have been my fault for playing bad company 2 before it, I only got to waw over the holidays)
I suggest you play it again. It makes complete sense.
well it makes sense because its in a historical context but that doesnt mean its full of silly unrealistic things

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
Is it just me - or would Activision be better suited saving their effort and just have five seconds of:

"Modern Warfare 3; yes it still has multiplayer".

I've heard about Modern Warfare 4 too, can't remember the source. However the little information I got is that it will return to 4merica, Engl4nd, Fr4nce and Germ4ny. There is a also a one off mission in Sp4in, what that will entail hasn't been revealed however.

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
BreakfastMan said:
Looks okay. As everyone has said, it has the trademark huge set pieces and general crazy goings on. Not much different from the other games though...

Also, why is everything gray? Did The Color Out of Space [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Color_Out_of_Space] attack the world when everyone was distracted by the Russians? And is that the reason it is WW3, 'cause they are fighting the color and the people controlled by the color? Actually, that is not a half bad idea for a game... Someone needs to make that now! Breakfastman demands it!
So basically, a game based on that one episode of the Powderpuff Girls?

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
dashiz94 said:
BreakfastMan said:

So basically, a game based on that one episode of the Powderpuff Girls?
Yes, but with more Lovecraft and less mimes. Everybody loves Lovecraft. Nobody likes mimes.

Sodoff

Oct 15, 2009
I haven't bought any of the games since Modern Warfare, but I think I will be getting this one. :)