Trailers: Crysis 2 Launch Trailer

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
I just don't think we need so many trailers.. It's the best one so far though.

Chechosaurus

Jul 20, 2008
Well it LOOKS nice and it could well be a decent game but that soundtrack... Wow.... What an abomination of the music industry

Alandoril

Jul 19, 2010
So, wait...all that fuss about images of the Twin Towers and yet you can show New York entirely gutted and no one cares?

Why can't people be consistent in their knee-jerk reactions? :)

Edit: Also I wish companies would make decent trailers for games and films, most of them these days feel so lacklustre. The trailer for the first Alien film is awesome, if a little over-stated towards the end and as is the trailer for Unbreakable.

Edit: Double also...why is the last hope for humanity always an American with a gun?

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
I wonder why everyone is so critical about everything Crysis yet is totally fine with Call of Duty sporting the same gameplay over and over again with the plot just getting more ridiculous and over the top with every release

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
I dunno why, but rap songs really don't feel right to me when portraying a moment of crisis. I remember how the chopper mission in the last MoH lost all sense of graveness with the rap soundtrack in the background...
The trailer was super cheesy. But kinda looking forward to the game itself.

Vapus

May 15, 2010
Picked the Game up this morning.. Still installing.. Its like the devs are daring me to read every less than stellar review while i wait for this thing to finish .. WOW what a horrible installer program 0_0

sidecord

Dec 11, 2009
while not the biggest rap fan, i liked the song
the only problem i have with it is that its $60 and i don't have that much money :(

Aug 1, 2010
Ugh.....

Not only did this trailer do nothing to convince me it would be better than the abysmal first game, that song was just horrible. Someone needs to dub in "New York, New York" over that trailer and fast.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Wow. I'm looking forward to this game, I can't wait to get my hands on it, but that trailer? That did not make me want to play it at all. The song wasn't necessarily bad but it wasn't right for the tone of the trailer and it just didn't... do... anything. It was bland, very 'meh'

yo mato

Mar 18, 2011
hahhahahah, what kind of slogan is that?

"be the weapon, save new york"

it might as well be: "new york has been kidnapped by aliens, are you a bad enough dude to save new york?"

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Killer 1 90 said:
bahumat42 said:
THAT IS AN AWESOME CHOICE OF MUSIC

now the positive is out of the way
1) why is he killing soldiers
2) why are the aliens in new york?

Those are C.E.L.L soldiers who work for Crynet, the guys who made the suits, who have been hunting Prophet to retrieve the suit, inadvertently pursuing Alcatraz, believing he is Prophet. They want to retrieve the suit because it has some info they want and its the mark 2 Nanosuit which they want back.

Aliens in New York, they are invading so they try to kill mass amounts of people so go to cities, kinda sure they are in nearly all major cites in the world.
Spoiler tags aren't working for me, disregard the quote since I can't discuss it without ruining some of the plot.

Anyway Richard K Morgan wrote the plot, or at least partially wrote the plot (Altered Carbon - Takeshi Kovacs trilogy), and as a result it's not that bad. His style is always based off a very simple start point, such as aliens in new york, get rid, and it's the filligree that makes his books great. For example, the premise of his first book is, Some guy shot me, people's "souls" exist in data-chips, go find the killer.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
One of the many times I curse being in England, got to wait till friday to play this, dang it! and i've been waiting since I finished the first game.

and.... am I the only one who actualy liked the song choice... but each to thier own.

SenorNemo

Mar 14, 2011
Wow, you're all so cool and cynical! I wish I could see things as jadedly as you do!

>_>

Seriously though, I don't think any of the trailers so far have shown off the game particularly well beyond the art direction (which looks superb). I'm still torn about whether to get this. I'm too cheap to get Xbox Live, so I won't be doing much multiplayer, but the story looks interesting. From the trailers, the dialog and voice acting sound comically bad with one or two exceptions, but the writer seems to know how to tell a good story, and it seems to take suit after the more open, gameplay integrated school of storytelling and level design of Half Life. Also, for all the super-soldiers featured in games these days, very few really explore transhumanism, and it sounds like that's a major component of this title. Still, it's very hard to tell from any of the reviews we've gotten so far as to what extent they've succeeded.

D'aww, what the heck, I'll try it. It'll be cool at least for the awesome art direction.

Vapus

May 15, 2010
Perhaps off topic still but yeh I bought pc version this morning . STILL installing ?? I mean really ?? looks 98 percentish now with the install bar 0_o