Trailers: Crysis 2 Progression Trailer

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Omega Hunter 9 said:
Hmm, as much as they say its another generation it seems like they reworded perks and took the Oblivion style of leveling skills. Not a bad idea, I just don't think its as revolutionary as they claim.
I agree, but it still does look like a pretty neat idea. And hell, since it is dumbed down for consoles, Ill actually be able to play the fucking thing...

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Well I loved the demo.
Are the upgrades a bit like COD's perks? Sure, I guess.
But the ability to change the suit's use on the fly, from stealth to armor, was just awesome. The use of energy required to do those things was quite balanced, especially considering that sprinting, and high jumping ALSO uses energy, so nobody was 'overpowered' in the demo.

I will say I loved the MP of the bug-ridden demo more then I loved the best COD MP. Why?
Because the way people traveled around the level was dynamic! You could grab ledges, jump on top of buildings, and actually move around the level, rather then just through it. If I look down an alley in COD, I know that they can only come down that alley. In Crysis 2, they can leap up on top of the building, run above me, drop down behind me, and snap my neck. That is way more interesting.

I'll be looking to get this one pretty quick after launch, if not day 1.
I had a blast with the demo, and can't wait to play the full title.

Metal Brother

Jan 4, 2010
I'm not much of a multiplayer guy these days, but the video looked super sweet. Perhaps I'll give the MP side of the game a try once Crysis 2 is released...

emusega

Jan 17, 2011
Meh, the skill concept appears so generic, yet imbalanced (however, not sure about the balance part).
Graphics look pretty sweet though.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Baby Tea said:
Well I loved the demo.
Are the upgrades a bit like COD's perks? Sure, I guess.
But the ability to change the suit's use on the fly, from stealth to armor, was just awesome. The use of energy required to do those things was quite balanced, especially considering that sprinting, and high jumping ALSO uses energy, so nobody was 'overpowered' in the demo.

I will say I loved the MP of the bug-ridden demo more then I loved the best COD MP. Why?
Because the way people traveled around the level was dynamic! You could grab ledges, jump on top of buildings, and actually move around the level, rather then just through it. If I look down an alley in COD, I know that they can only come down that alley. In Crysis 2, they can leap up on top of the building, run above me, drop down behind me, and snap my neck. That is way more interesting.

I'll be looking to get this one pretty quick after launch, if not day 1.
I had a blast with the demo, and can't wait to play the full title.
Honestly this. That demo had to be some of the best fun I had in a while. I'm honestly looking forward to this, It'll probably be a get-on-launch, maybe even a preorder.

It is also the prettiest game I have ever seen, and that isn't that big of a deal, but gee...so pretty.

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
Well, that looks pretty darn epic. Although it did seem like most of those weapon modules were ripped straight from CoD.

OT: Did anyone else notice that the trailer said "Partial Nudity" at the start? How the hell are they gonna fit "Partial Nudity" in a game about guys in super-suits shooting each other in the face?

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
doggie015 said:
WARNING: GAME COMPARISON AHEAD!

The unlocks in Crysis 2 (Like those in TF2) allow for hundreds of playstyles so there is something for everyone. The advanced cloak and tracking abilities already piss off thousands of people as the Spy in Team Fortress 2, the "direct approach" style gameplay with huge health and damage already exists as the Heavy, the Sniper is self explanatory, the speed and agility-related unlocks are represented by the Scout, the demolitions expert is the demoman (The ones missing are the soldier, the medic the pyro and the engineer). The only gameplay difference (Not counting the unique art style) between TF2 and Crysis 2 is that you can't change gameplay styles in real time in TF2, you have to go back to spawn and change classes and/or weapons there whereas in Crysis 2 you can do this (To a certain extent) while still on the battlefield making for an extremely dynamic multiplayer experience.
Wrong games.

Crysis 2 will be more like Battlefield. You play the class, you get points for doing class-specific actions (sniping people, destroying with rocket launcher/mines, repairing, feeding people with ammo, healing and reviving), you get unlocks for weapons, upgrades for your character, and also ranks.

I like it. I am probably going to pre-order the game, since I liked Crysis multiplayer, but it was kinda lack-luster, like CS with nanosuits and nothing much. Can't wait for PC demo.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I kind of like this idea. By making everyone overpowered, it balances it. Plus the fact that you get to choose what upgrades you get by what way you play would really help for assigning roles in clans.

Oh yeah, and it's the sexiest game I've ever seen. I'm pretty pumped for this one.

proghead

Apr 17, 2010
I think it looks pretty ace. I'm also a bit worried about how new players might get stomped a lot by more experienced ones though. I wonder how that'll balance out.

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
Death from above aoe punch, the new 'nade? :O

That video did look fairly sweet to me. I'll be buying Crysis 2 anyway, might as well check out the MP.

MJpoland

Legacy
Jan 12, 2011
Country
Poland
This is how the first Crysis should look like... they are at last using the nano-suit full abilities...

Numachuka

Sep 3, 2010
To be honest I don't care about the multiplayer. I'm getting Crysis for the single player and the mp will just be a neat addon to play after I'm done with the story.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
It looks pretty cool. I think I'd end up playing stealthy/close-quarters just because I suck at medium- and long-ranged combat.

Though my friend once had a really good point when it came to shooter multiplayer-- why is it that the more you play the stronger your character gets? That almost seems backwards to me. If it's a skill-based game that also has RPG elements, then that means that people who have been playing for a long time get EXPONENTIALLY BETTER than other people.

It's reasons like this that deter me from playing shooters. I suck at shooters, so to get destroyed on a regular basis by shooter veterans in the early game and then have absolutely no chance by the time everyone has mastered the game in both skill and leveling-up... I just don't think that's right.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Identical perks as in CoD. Except for here it is logical (nanosuit customization), while in CoD it is sponsored by the letter W, T and F.

Also, i was bit skeptical for the Crysis 2 (although i loved Crysis and Warhead), but this trailer makes me want to preorder it.