Trailers: Dark Souls - Bartholomew Trailer

Unholykrumpet

Nov 1, 2007
"Prepare to die"

Yeah, that about seems pretty accurate. Looks amazingly fun, though i'd really like to see some of the gameplay changes between the first and the second.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
The only game trailer where they had a contempry song playing (when the setting clearing isn't modern-day/futuristic) and it worked was Assasin's Creed Revelations where there's an Assasin fighting (God no, not that marketing montarge of all things Assasin Creed).

I'm sure this game will still kick many people's e-teeth in and will be awsome. Just this trailer's song choice is odd. (I don't listen to lyrics, I listen to the sound. I'm just saying the sound and the rythem seemed odd for an Western-style RPG created by Japanese game developers).

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Well, that was different. It wasn't bad, though.

Such a pity it's coming out in roughly the same period of time as Skyrim. I'll have to wait for this to hit the $30 range before picking it up.

ColdBlooded

Feb 8, 2011
The trailer is pretty cool but while the song lyrics kind of fit in the end, the music genre chosen is odd for a medievel fantasy lore RPG.

But not complaining. Again, cool trailer. I am preparing to die on October 4, my university schedule is making sure of that.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
scw55 said:
The only game trailer where they had a contempry song playing (when the setting clearing isn't modern-day/futuristic) and it worked was Assasin's Creed Revelations where there's an Assasin fighting (God no, not that marketing montarge of all things Assasin Creed).

I'm sure this game will still kick many people's e-teeth in and will be awsome. Just this trailer's song choice is odd. (I don't listen to lyrics, I listen to the sound. I'm just saying the sound and the rythem seemed odd for an Western-style RPG created by Japanese game developers).
To me, the lyrics were what fit it perfectly. The song itself is great as well and It's been stuck in my head for a while now, which only serves to remind me that it was in the Dark Souls trailer and thus their genius marketing work has been done.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Looks pretty interesting, though I would have liked to see more of what the gameplay would be like.

KingKamor

Jul 8, 2008
For those who want to get some real up-to-date info on Dark Souls, go to the Demon's Souls wiki community forum. They have a Dark Souls forum where they keep track of all of the press releases and such. The admin of the site is actually walking alongside Namco Bandai to conventions and conferences as both a playtester and even advisor in some respects. So yeah.

http://forums.demonssouls.info/viewforum.php?f=62

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I loved the song choice for this video. It was odd, but that made it stand out better, and the lyrics and rhythm were great for the the video, it was superbly edited. The Silent Comedy does this fantastic Jazzy/southern/gospel thing that hits all the right areas.

Also, as if it wasn't hard enough to wait for this game. Ready to put another 130 hours into this game. Luckily, there is about a month between this and Skyrim. It's goning to be a great fall for RPG's.