Trailers: Dark Souls - Class Trailer

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
danpascooch said:
Doclector said:
Essentially every two points put in the "attunement" stat when you level up, gets you one attunement slot (spell slot)

That holds true for at least the first 3 slots, after that I'm not sure if it takes more, I haven't invested any further than that into attunement.
You get a new attunement slot at level 10, 12, 14, 16, 19, 23, 28, 34, 41 and 50. So you can get 10 spell slots total. After that you can still level up attunement to max out your resistances, but otherwise it's useless.

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
I learned early on in Demon's Souls that the best way to understand the game's mechanics and make sure you didn't miss anything was to constantly check the online wikis. I've been doing the same in Dark Souls, so my starting class of Thief lasted about as long as it took me to grab the Crimson Armor Set and Astora's Straight Sword on a suicide run. I'm now a Lightning Spear-wielding badass with a bunch of spells and pyromancies for backup, in a covenant I decided to join thanks to consulting the wikis to weigh my various options. Yeah, the wikis spoil some things, but if you can avoid reading too much about each level the juicy bits will remain a surprise. Go in blind and you're liable to make some rash, game-changing decision without realizing what the fuck is going on.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
danpascooch said:
I just beat the game yesterday and am enthusiastically tackling New Game+ One last tip, if you're a melee character, invest in a couple attunement slots and get some pyromancy, even with my pitiful 9 in intelligence, my pyromancies just shred straight through almost all bosses.
Intelligence has nothing to do with pyromancy. The only thing it improves are sorceries. Pyromancy can only be increased by upgrading your Pyromancy's Flame.
If you're after the trophies you shouls get intelligence to 15 though, so you can purchase all Big Hat Logan have to offer. :)

GTFOmysteak

Nov 8, 2011
Died at 3.2 million souls and 50 humanities. True I had obtained my riches through the tears of my Darkwraith's victims but twas still heart-wrenching nonetheless. I still fondly remember reaching for the power button, only to reload and see the "YOU DIED" screen mocking my desperate attempt to undo my mistakes.

I'm still going back. God no I refuse to give the game the satisfaction of beating me.

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
GTFOmysteak said:
Died at 3.2 million souls and 50 humanities. True I had obtained my riches through the tears of my Darkwraith's victims but twas still heart-wrenching nonetheless. I still fondly remember reaching for the power button, only to reload and see the "YOU DIED" screen mocking my desperate attempt to undo my mistakes.

I'm still going back. God no I refuse to give the game the satisfaction of beating me.
Why the hell did you have so many souls and not invest them in anything? Was this a point of personal pride or something? Heck, there's no reason to have that much Humanity either--the bonuses to item drops and magic scaling and the like peak at 30 or less.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
danpascooch said:
Ruwrak said:
danpascooch said:
I just beat the game yesterday and am enthusiastically tackling New Game+ One last tip, if you're a melee character, invest in a couple attunement slots and get some pyromancy, even with my pitiful 9 in intelligence, my pyromancies just shred straight through almost all bosses.
Funny, you don't need that much intellect to scale your pyromancy with anyway. You upgrade your pyromancy flame for that :3

Beat the game once already, doing the achievement runs now. The games becomes.. less challenging once you figure out how to tackle things. The hydra for example, has a very, very easy trick to it. But Imma not spoil that :p

Happy hunting
Yeah, it definitely becomes easier once you know the tricks, although I still can't kill that fucking red dragon on the bridge without using a glitch I stumbled upon my first playthrough
If it is about standing on top of a tower, that one is fixed (at my console anyway). For the rest, he has an instand death breath x.x Even at lvl 328 with 95 fire resistance it's 1 hit keel. Friggen absurbd. I just ignore it now. It's not like I need to go there again. F the 10 '000 souls :p