Trailers: Darkspore Trailer

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Calling a flop on this one, what with Diablo III hopefully around the corner and everything.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
No-one cares about customization if the gameplay that accompanies it is terrible. I hope Maxis has learned this lesson from Spore.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
What's the point of intricately designing your Darkspore creatures if you are perpetually in a top-down view that makes it really hard to make out fine details, made no better by constantly being surrounded by attacking enemies?

Lord Draenor

Sep 20, 2010
Interesting. I definitely like customizing my dude to be different from the other million dudes out there. If the choices have any effect on the game-play then this could be very kewl indeed

Duruznik

Aug 16, 2009
So, they took away the only appeal the original game had? I mean the whole "create your own species and watch them evolve" thing, even though it was overshadowed by the retardation of the space age and Galactic Adventures My last vestiges of hope for Spore have just circled the drain for the last time.

Piecewise

Apr 18, 2008
Seems kind neat, but the whole shallow attempt to appeal to a more mature audience by making it "darker" (it's call darkspore for fuck sake. Why not just call it Spore for cool kids) turns me off a bit.

Ovrad

Mar 30, 2010
Dev1: Ok so we made this game that's like spore but darker. What should we call it?
Dev2: Hm...Dark...spore?
Dev1: ...Brilliant! Let's go to lunch.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
It does look nice, but not that interesting.
The way the camera is positioned, you can't really see all the details on your character.
At least so i think.
But doesn't look bad, i have to say that.

Perja

Dec 14, 2010
looks like an interesting game
maybe something I'd enjoy but I'm not really sure
I'll keep an eye out for reviews
Not too interested in Beta stages atm
But my mind could change soon

The3rdEye

Mar 19, 2009
My first thought : Spore meets DotA

Not necessarily a bad thing, I wouldn't mind playing it if I had the hardware to, but it's easy to have a brilliant idea and execute it horribly.

MaxRaine

May 1, 2008
I signed up for the beta, I'll have to try it out before I make an opinion.
(Yes, I use betas as a kind of demo)

AmbitiousWorm

I'm going to leave this blank.
Dec 2, 2010
Looks like a kids version of Diablo. Also reading the name as Darkspoor so can't take it seriously. My immature mind never ceases to entertain me.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
question is wtf is the DRM gonna me like? never touch Spore for that reason alone.

ratman995

Nov 30, 2009
Two things, is this going to get the stupid DRM lock on this and also this game is almost certainly flop with the hardcore diablo fans playing guess what diablo. It's going to have pull off something amazing to get this game of the ground

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
I admit it's spiked my curiosity if nothing else.

Would like to know the requirements though...