Trailers: Dead Nation: Road of Devastation - Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Dead Nation: Road of Devastation - Trailer

An already interesting zombie shooter gets more interesting.

Watch Video

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Oh you know they're making this to capitalize on all the people that got Dead Nation for free in the welcome back package (like me)

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Easton Dark said:
Oh you know they're making this to capitalize on all the people that got Dead Nation for free in the welcome back package (like me)
Buh?

OT: I approve of a "can-do" attitude but I think it's a bit silly to attempt to take on the entire fucking zombie apocalypse alone/with one blonde.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
It looks like that cheap "we'll throw this in for shits and giggles" game that came with Blops.
Meh.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
I didn't even find the first game to be worth what I paid for it...

Nothing.

It was boring, ugly and generic. "Best PSN exclusive game!" Hah that's saying something... But hey! What an insult to Joe Danger, which was leagues better :/.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Well, for some reason that narrator doesn't appeal to me, comes accross as "trying too hard". Maybe it's intentional, but it doesn't really appeal to me.

That said, it looks okay for a twin stick shooter, nothing I'm going to get all excited about though.

Truthfully one game concept I always liked was the old "Fort Zombie" game, I was kind of hoping someone would pick up on that and try and do it with a serious budget and a professional design team. I honestly thought that was a much cooler idea in concept than a lot of the other zombie games I see people tossing out nowadays. Really the only zombie game in (fairly) recenet memory I've actually enjoyed has been "Dead Island".

Cali0602

Aug 3, 2008
Was I supposed to be laughing? Was this thing supposed to be taken seriously? I...I'm having a hard time figuring out what was serious and what was a joke. This is a joke trailer, right?

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
"team up with the woman of your dreams"? :/

oh dear... This weeks edition of the big picture proven more and more correct.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Cali0602 said:
Was I supposed to be laughing? Was this thing supposed to be taken seriously? I...I'm having a hard time figuring out what was serious and what was a joke. This is a joke trailer, right?
At this point I figure that any trailer that starts with the "In a world where..." cliche is a spoof.
Now that LaFontaine is dead.

Tarkand

Dec 15, 2009
Been reading to much Max Brook, all I kept thinking about was how machine guns, SMG and flame throwers were a bad idea against a horde of zombie and this wasn't very realistic >_>

Damn you Max Brook for making me think about zombie in a realistic fashion.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Who is this narrater Jeremy bloody Clarkson!?

Also "Team up with the girl of your dreams"... whats Lizzy Caplan doing in a zombie shoot'em'up?

gyroscopeboy

Nov 27, 2010
Therumancer said:
Well, for some reason that narrator doesn't appeal to me, comes accross as "trying too hard". Maybe it's intentional, but it doesn't really appeal to me.
I was just gonna say that...it sounds like Pablo Francisco taking the piss out of intense voiceovers haha.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
I have this DLC, annnndd.. I'm less than impressed. Feels less zombie apocolypse, more simulator.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
"In a world..." - Don LaFontaine

and they even had "send them... back to hell"

Oh the cheese is delicious.