Trailers: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Cities

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Cities

Developers provide details on how the cities of Detroit, Montreal and Hengsha will appear in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Watch Video

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
That looks insane. You can clearly see the love these guys poured into their game - can't wait to play it!

Smerf

May 4, 2011
i want this game so bad. i love the first one and have been replaying it a few times since i heard it was coming out. if this game sucks it will be crushing, luckaly it seems to be good

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
That was a bit deceptive; I was hoping they'd talk about what inspiration they drew from each city rather than just how they re-imagined them.
And seriously guys, could we please stop the Detroit bashing?

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Solid "A" for design. Jonathan Jacques-Belletête should be proud.

Gather

Apr 9, 2009
Soooo... Can I have the game now? The whole freezing myself in carbonite thing is looking pretty tasty

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Speaking as a Canadian who feels that our country is snubbed by game creators all the time, seeing Montreal as an in-game locale makes me REALLY happy. :D

Don Reba

Jun 2, 2009
Kimarous said:
Speaking as a Canadian who feels that our country is snubbed by game creators all the time, seeing Montreal as an in-game locale makes me REALLY happy. :D
Something tells me you are not from the western provinces. :)

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Cleril said:
Could we put a bit more yellow in there?

I mean it all looks nice and immersive as fuck but really, color pallets, use 'em.
I really like the black/yellow contrast thing they've got going. It feels fresh. Somehow.

And I'm looking forward to this. I need RPGs to play until Skyrim comes out and takes up the rest of my life.

Cpt. Pasquale

Feb 24, 2011
They took Blade Runner and essentially turned it into a prequel for an awesome series. This may yet be a perfect marriage. At least stylistically.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Don Reba said:
Kimarous said:
I live in BC. Why do you say that?

Don Reba

Jun 2, 2009
Kimarous said:
Don Reba said:
I live in BC. Why do you say that?
Because there is Bioware in Edmonton and EA Canada in Vancouver. Also because Quebec attracts game developers with massive tax credits while itself receiving equlization payments. In general, though, Canada has world's third largest game industry. How can you feel it being snubbed?