Trailers: Dishonored Debut Official Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Dishonored Debut Official Trailer

Looks like Garrett has some competition for best sneaky steampunk character.

Watch Video

FiatCelebrity

Aug 25, 2010
This looks derivative, but intriguing. Too bad we can't assume a single drop of that was gameplay. So . . . no idea. Thanks a lot trailer.

InsanityRequiem

Nov 9, 2009
Well yeah. It's the debut trailer. No once of gameplay ever goes into those.

But my 2 points? Was a very, very visually good looking trailer. Never seen such good-looking dirt on a person before. And it's intrigued me to the game more than I already am.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Finally a steampunk game with current-gen graphics! I can't wait to play it!

EDIT: Yeah, I never cared for the Bioshock series.

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
apart from it not begin steampuck because every thing in it is clearly electrically powered it looks pretty cool, hope the gameplay matches what was shown

Toilet

Feb 22, 2012
Bioshock x (Assassins Creed + Singularity) + Half-Life 2 made by Arkane Studios.

There is a god.

AJax_21

May 6, 2011
City 17, if the Combine invaded during the Victorian era. Dark Messiah was criminally underrated and awesome so I'm having high hopes with Arkane Studios delivering it this time.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
I am disappoint. I was hoping this reveal would be Skyrim DLC. Although I had a feeling it might be this game instead.

But this does make me interested in the game. Before I thought it was just another generic sci-fi FPS but I guess I was wrong.

Noxman

Mar 4, 2010
Looks pretty good... Well I should say the gameplay descriptions that have come out of previews have sounded pretty good.

Nevertheless steampunk is a genre I just don't 'get'. Thief did it reasonably well by mixing in magic and hiding technology behind religious nuts but still, the whole setting seems to belie logical development. They are still relying on railways and yet have electronic walking exo-suits and magic/high-tech bows and arrows; also electronic discharges that can vapourise a person crossing the threshold.

Im sure it can be explained away in a variety of ways but there seemed to be a discord between visual styles, something which was noted when they revealed early screenshots too. The walker things look pretty high-tech and stylised i.e. half-life 2. Hopefully the rest of the world design is a bit more consistent and less visually jarring (although perhaps there is a good in-game reason for this discord, magic/mysterious invisible leader/aliens or something).

Its a stealth fps, still going to buy it and love it forever and ever, never really understood the third person stealth game.. feels like im cheating.

Jan 12, 2012
Looks like a fine movie; where's the gameplay footage?

I know they never put gameplay footage in the debut trailer, but they should at least issue an accompanying press release talking a bit about the game. It looks like an interesting concept, but all people can think is Assassin's Creed meets Bioshock, rather than any original ideas the game has.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
So... Mirror's Edge meets Assassin's Creed in steampunk land?

Oh hell yes. Fucking stoked.

Now we just need to wait for the inevitably disappointing gameplay trailer and terrible writing.

UnderGlass

Jan 12, 2012
Drool ... Love the Victorian interiors and costumes. The contrast with the harsh world outside and the colours are wonderful. The narrative of the trailer was a little generic though; that was disappointing. I watched pretty much the same thing in a different setting only a few weeks ago, with the trailer for Bethesda's Prey 2. Still, it doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for the potential of the game and it's story.

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Xiado said:
Hmm, so Bioshock meets Assassin's Creed? Interesting enough, love the detail in the world at least
I was thinking the same, what with the parkour, assassination and left hand with weird powers (plasmids).

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
First person parkour is not going to end well.

"This seems a manageable leap!"
-falls 50 stories-
CURSE YOU DEPTH PERCEPTION CCCUUUUUUUURRSSSEEEEE YOU!

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
FiatCelebrity said:
This looks derivative, but intriguing. Too bad we can't assume a single drop of that was gameplay. So . . . no idea. Thanks a lot trailer.
Minus them and previews describing everything in it.

Thunderous Cacophony said:
Looks like a fine movie; where's the gameplay footage?

I know they never put gameplay footage in the debut trailer, but they should at least issue an accompanying press release talking a bit about the game. It looks like an interesting concept, but all people can think is Assassin's Creed meets Bioshock, rather than any original ideas the game has.
It was announced months ago (actually, almost a year go, now that I've looked it up), there's already been a tonne of interviews and a round of previews.

This is not them showing a trailer and going "uhh... yeah, you can do that", this is them saying you can do that, and then showing a trailer doing that.

OT: Harvey Smith is making another Immersive Sim. Fuck to the yes.