Trailers: DMC: Devil May Cry - Gamescom Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
DMC: Devil May Cry - Gamescom Trailer

Thank goodness they are working together against that whole demon thing.

Watch Video

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Dante looks like he comes from Jersey Shore with a Union Jack sewn on his jacket. Does this mean he comes from Geordie Shore?

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
All the vergil butthurt fans... DANCE, PUPPETS , DANCE, Muahahah!

I'm so looking forward to this game now with some vergil swept back hair yamato pwnage.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Seems like I just saw most of the substantial plot-lines for this game in chronological order, in this trailer. Why even play the game?

I've had my fill of bad voice acting and writing from the trailer alone. I'll wait for reviews, but I don't see this drawing me into DMC.

TwoSidesOneCoin

Dec 11, 2010
Well it is supposed to be a prequel, but wasn't Vergil suppose to despise humanity and embrace his demonic heritage to the point that he didn't give one hot steamy shit about people dying around him as long as his goals were met?

I think I'd pick this up when it hits the bargain bin, even if it takes a while.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
TwoSidesOneCoin said:
Well it is supposed to be a prequel, but wasn't Vergil suppose to despise humanity and embrace his demonic heritage to the point that he didn't give one hot steamy shit about people dying around him as long as his goals were met?

I think I'd pick this up when it hits the bargain bin, even if it takes a while.
Actually it's an alternate universe which is why they're doing stupid crap like this in the first place

Dragonforce525

Sep 13, 2009
I'm not that into the Devil May Cry franchise (or anything Capcom related really) I've only played 1 and 2, but isn't Dante supposed to be...fun? What's with this weird so serious Twilight angle they've gone for?

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
reckon they should have kept quite about virgil, would have been a nicer surprise if you only found out when playing, also i hope that women isn't taken out to early in the game, the whole world bendy powers of hers seems fun, still so pumped for this game!

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I cannot get over how awesome this game looks.

Having said that, I can't help but feel that Vergil was a plot twist...

Speaking of which, coop? Please?

The_Merchant

Nov 9, 2011
Mcoffey said:
Well this game continues to look fucking awesome. I never cared much about Devil May Cry before, it always looked pretty stupid (Plus I didn't have a PS2), but if they can pull this off then count me as a fan. At the very least Ninja Theory are better developers than Capcom have proven themselves to be lately.

Plus, they could really use a win. Heavenly Sword and Enslaved are both very good games and I don't think either sold well.
Excuse me,did you just judge a !Gameplay!-focused game by ''looking at it''?
Not to mention that a video game is a medium that REQUIRES input form a player.
It wouldn't be such a bad idea to play the source material for this game before labeling it as crap and the other one as gold.
All 4 games are on Ps3 and 360, the first 3 as a HD collection and the 4th as it's own game

Also you're comparing Capcom,a big company that works as a publisher and consists of multiple development teams,to a dev-only studio.

The_Merchant

Nov 9, 2011
I don't had the feeling that i just watched something that was worth being named Devil May cry.
For a moment i just thought that i had watched one of those chick flicks about superhuman-''HAWT GUYZ'' savin the world and being angsty at the same time.

DmC fails to step into the original's shoes.
The originals were cheesy,whacky and never tried too hard to be serious or emotional and they embraced these elements,they weren't afraid to go over-the-top. Sure there were serious moments but these were shortlived and never lasted longer than one cutscene as dante continued to be the cocky badass he is.

This...it tries too hard to be taken seriously,it looks stupid and moronic.This looks like it can easily drag on for the entire second half of the game.
Sorry for those who love this kind of bullshit,it's just how i see it

The_Merchant

Nov 9, 2011
Also what's with vergil?
What have they done to him?
Sure,they try to keep Dante they same as he was before(they still fail to do it completely)(and aside from the looks,which are still UGLY as hell),but they completely redo vergil?
Where is his rivalry towards his brother?
Where is his hate and despising for humanity and embrace for his demonic(or angelic,whoever thought of THAT stupid BS)origin
Where is his ever growing thirst for might and power?
I see it nowhere,not a single trace of it.

and lemme guess? ''vergil'' will sacrifice himself to save dante from some hazard caused by the final boss for some ''SUPAH-EMOSHUNAL'' moment?

Sorry NT, DMC1 and DMC3 did it the better way.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
All of my rage. ALL OF IT.

How DARE they collectively shit on Vergil? I can see why, if you're going to shit on the canon already why not go the whole hog amiright?

Ninja Theory, you have earned my disappointment.

I am asking anybody even remotely interested in this game, NOT to buy it. If you have to at least see or play it, buy it preowned or rent it. That way they won't get a damn cent.