Trailers: DmC Devil May Cry - Gamescom Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
DmC Devil May Cry - Gamescom Trailer

Dante's back and slashing his way around town in DmC Devil May Cry.

Watch Video

Undeadpool

Aug 17, 2009
I wonder how many people who complained so vitriolically and vociferously about Dante's new look are the same people complaining about how shallow games "these days" are...

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Looks like classic Devil May Cry gameplay alright... but I'm still pretty skeptical with this one.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Aiddon said:
Julianking93 said:
Saw this yesterday... still looks bad. :s
It's NT, abandon all hope for compelling, deep gameplay.
I actually haven't played a Ninja Theory game before so... I wouldn't know.

I'm more pissed at that... At..athemman... fuck, I don't know what that asshole's name is but the lead developer. I hate that guy. I mean... really fucking can't stand his disregard for the fans of the series and his whole "I wanna sell 5 million copies."

Yeah, guess what dickface, you're not going to do that by deliberately pissing off the fans of this franchise and you're definitely not going to do that by changing the style of a beloved character and making him look like yourself.

I mean really? Come on, that just shows zero artistic merit. Hell, like I said yesterday, this even looks uninspired and the environments look copy/pasted from DMC2. >.>

Worr Monger

Jan 21, 2008
It's still bothering me... for two reasons.

DmC Devil May Cry - WTF Mr. Redundant Man Guy?

Why is it DmC when it's Devil May Cry?

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Julianking93 said:
I'm more pissed at that... At..athemman... fuck, I don't know what that asshole's name is but the lead developer. I hate that guy. I mean... really fucking can't stand his disregard for the fans of the series and his whole "I wanna sell 5 million copies."

Yeah, guess what dickface, you're not going to do that by deliberately pissing off the fans of this franchise and you're definitely not going to do that by changing the style of a beloved character and making him look like yourself.

I mean really? Come on, that just shows zero artistic merit. Hell, like I said yesterday, this even looks uninspired and the environments look copy/pasted from DMC2. >.>
No kidding, the man has an ego the size of Canada. But, of course, like every egomaniac he's also an insecure douchebag who can't take ANY criticism not matter how constructive. Considering the fact that he threw a tantrum over Heavenly Sword's commercial failure by blaming Sony and then saying that DMC fans are a bunch of twats he REALLY comes off as a child who blames everyone else for his problems instead of taking a step back and learning from his mistakes. In any other profession he would be black-listed and mocked.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Aiddon said:
No kidding, the man has an ego the size of Canada. But, of course, like every egomaniac he's also an insecure douchebag who can't take ANY criticism not matter how constructive. Considering the fact that he threw a tantrum over Heavenly Sword's commercial failure by blaming Sony and then saying that DMC fans are a bunch of twats he REALLY comes off as a child who blames everyone else for his problems instead of taking a step back and learning from his mistakes. In any other profession he would be black-listed and mocked.
Ah of course. Seems to be expected of egotistical cunts like that but he also strikes me as the type of person who... almost is embarrassed of being in the game industry. Something about him just screams "I hate doing this." Might have something to do with his complete disregard for fans of games, calling them twats (you really should never insult your fanbase no matter how stupid) and blaming everything on everyone else.
First sign of horrible insecurity and negative perception is by blaming everything else around you. The reason Heavenly Sword failed commercially is because the game was, from what I've seen, just okay and a blatant copy of God of War. Enslaved which oddly enough I own but never played looks to be just game elements taken from other, better games.
There's zero creativity and no originality. Yet he blames everyone else for his problems.
Smooth.

Zombus

Apr 29, 2009
Uugh... Now I'm normally all for innovation in games, and I'm not an "AAARG! NO CHANGE BAD" kind of person, but the changes that are being made for DmC: Redundant Subtitle don't seem to be improving anything. Fans of the series had already expressed disdain at the redesign of Dante ages ago when the developers weren't locked in to going through with it (although when the new look's face almost mirrors lead designer's, all rational arguments for the change go right out the window). As for the 30 fps choice; unless the levels changing "drastically in real time" is going to revolutionize the world of gaming as we know it, I don't think sacrificing the smooth, flowing combat the series is famous for is at all a good choice. Although considering how the developers have already essentially taken a large, protracted shit on the series' fans' coffee tables by making the choices they have, abandoning the series' traits that most resonated with its fans completely follows the established chain of logic.

Vigilantis

Jan 14, 2010
Subtitled said:
Is it just me, or does it look stiff and awkward when he draws and fires his handguns?
I thought the entire trailer looked stiff and awkward when connecting "combos" not just the handgun part

Julianking93 said:
Aiddon said:
Julianking93 said:
Saw this yesterday... still looks bad. :s
It's NT, abandon all hope for compelling, deep gameplay.
I actually haven't played a Ninja Theory game before so... I wouldn't know.

A thousand times this

J-meMalone

Jan 11, 2009
This looks so choppy compared to DMC 3 and 4, and here I was hoping that smooth gameplay might be the one thing they kept from the original series...

DAPLR

Nov 11, 2010
FUCK YEAH!! I'M SO BUYING. I knew it was going to be good :D

Fuck the haters, they're so trolling. Well, whos laughing now!?