Trailers: Dragon Age II Champion Trailer

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Looks like they're turning the mage into telekinesis.

I know the mage in Dragon Age: Origins sucked and they want to ad a little more oomph to the class, but this can hardly be called a mage anymore. The first game that does the role of sorcerer justice is still a long way away, I'm afraid.

It also looked a little bit generic. I don't think these combat moves are meant to be seen from up close.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
Ok, yup, that fucking tears it. I'm being a Mage, outfit kicks ass, and the staff sword thing is boss.

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
Stiffkittin said:
The game's looking great. I'd really like to see some images of the female protagonist too though.
They've announced it but no-one including me noticed. A kindly soul on these forums pointed me here:
<spoiler=Expand for Image>http://dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/dragonage2_female.jpg

It seems to be the only image of her available. I'm pretty sure that Hawke will be slightly customisable, so they'll only look like this if you make no changes.

Superhyperactiveman

Jul 23, 2009
Actually, there's a gameplay demo out and while the combat doesn't look exactly like this, it's a lot closer to this than the first one. In any case, warrior for James. James like kill things with swords... Fun...

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Judging by the trailer, the mage is the way to go. Just as fast as the Rogue, close quarter combat like the warrior, and the mage can use magic. That said, I hate mages, so I'll be playing as the Rogue (like pretty much everyone else on this forum).

You know, for all their supposed rarity, High Dragons show up at an alarming rate in the Dragon Age realm.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
scw55 said:
Visually nice.
However does seem a pointless trailer. It's message is "You can be one of three classes that exist in every single RPG in the whole of creation, except for Death Spank".
Does give a flavour for each of the three classes, I just don't see why they couldn't have done a statement about it.
True that.
Really, can't you be a tad more original?
It's okay to not follow Tolkien's 50 or so year old lead, you know?

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Kenjitsuka said:
scw55 said:
Visually nice.
However does seem a pointless trailer. It's message is "You can be one of three classes that exist in every single RPG in the whole of creation, except for Death Spank".
Does give a flavour for each of the three classes, I just don't see why they couldn't have done a statement about it.
True that.
Really, can't you be a tad more original?
It's okay to not follow Tolkien's 50 or so year old lead, you know?
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind that they's only 3 generic roles to pick as in DA2 (though originality is always welcomed).

It's just like if Bioware released a trailer highlighting the fact that there's clouds and birds in the sky of Therdas. It was a waste of time. A very pretty waste of time.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
ChaosDemon said:
Y'know, it'd be nice to see the female Protagonist in the trailers at some point...
What do you expect? When Bioware has a speaking player character, the media will ALWAYS be with the Male build.

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
Seriously they made a trailer just to show 3 classes? and the class themself is so predictable.
Why do they even bother? Bioware you just waste 3 min of my time.
I clicked this thread hoping to something like the DA2 announce trailer, not something as obivous as "sky is blue".

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
I don't know if Bioware should be more renowned for their excellent writing and storytelling, or their incredible ability to misrepresent gameplay in trailers.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
That is a ridiculous amount of claret, isn't it? :p

Looks pretty awesome, if the choice of only three is kinda limited... But I'll trust Bioware.
Looking forward to seeing what they've done with this mysterious 'Hawke' character.

CatmanStu

Jul 22, 2008
I was really waiting for the trailer to say something like:
"Choose one or choose them all!"
But instead of expanding the generic class system into something more fluid, it looks like we have more of the same; but a bit nicer looking.

'Stache

Apr 29, 2009
Actual said:
Stiffkittin said:
The game's looking great. I'd really like to see some images of the female protagonist too though.
They've announced it but no-one including me noticed. A kindly soul on these forums pointed me here:
<spoiler=Expand for Image>http://dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/dragonage2_female.jpg

It seems to be the only image of her available. I'm pretty sure that Hawke will be slightly customisable, so they'll only look like this if you make no changes.
That's not the female lead, that's the male one after a shave.

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
Hopefully there'll be some room for customization within the classes, but Bioware's pretty good at keeping the options open, so we'll see.

As for the characters, I -really- hope I can get rid of that tattoo.. warpaint... thing on his face. Dunno what it is about it.. but it just bothers me, like an old tattoo that's faded and stretched beyond recognition.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Note: No sign of a party.
I know, the game will use the party system, but this trailer makes it seem like the focus is on your character. And what the hell with the character jumping around like he's got springs in his feet?

So disappointed in how this game is looking. The fact that BioWare made it is the only thing that could possibly redeem it, but I'm seeing the grubby hands of EA in everything the company does anymore.

Rest in Peace BioWare.