Trailers: Duke Nukem Forever: Another Important Message

Phantom_Viper

Mar 25, 2010
Was expecting him to bum rush the guy before he put the sign up, that would of been funny as hell if he did then the poor guy was to show the sign lol.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
CCountZero said:
I'm assuming that the demo goes public on release day.

But even so, this has got to be one of the biggest dick-moves in the history of gaming, exactly because of that.

Shame on you Gearbox. Go sit in a corner.
The vast majority of demos goes live on release day or shortly thereafter. The access to the demo beforehand is simple a pre-order bonus. The same as the thousands of other pre-order bonuses. They are not withholding anything from you expecting you to pre-order. They are simply giving a bonus to those who did.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Saw this a bit earlier on YouTube. At first i really did thought the game was cursed. But luckily, it seems there are no more delays. Sweet.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Damn you! I saw the "Important message" part and immediately thought the innevitable had happened. But they didn't get me with the sign thing. Nice try, though =P

CCountZero

Sep 20, 2008
Mouse_Crouse said:
CCountZero said:
The vast majority of demo's go live on release day or shortly thereafter. The access to the demo beforehand is simple a pre-order bonus. The same as the thousands of other pre-order bonuses. They are not withholding anything from you expecting you to pre-order. They are simply giving a bonus to those who did.
I'm not saying it doesn't make sense. I fully understand why they do it.

Doesn't stop it from being incredibly silly, and downright dickish, though.

Also, saying that "the vast majority" of demo's go live on release, that I'll have to dispute.

In my experience, it's either an early preview of the first level they finished up, or it just doesn't get a demo at all.

Now, I pre-order quite often, usually in the hope of pre-DLing whatever I buy, and I am perfectly OK with them handing out a piece of day-one DLC for free to people who do so, but a Demo is another thing entirely.

I don't base my buys on what DLC I get in pre-orders, but I do base my buys on available demo's.

If I'm on the fence and want to try a demo before I make a final decision, I wanna do so before the release, so I can play it on release, or possibly pre-order to get whatever incentive they lay down.

Using the Demo as pre-order incentive is basically their way of saying that they couldn't come up with anything better, and if such is the case, I'm not gonna bother to pre-order at all.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Love these videos, Randy Pitchford is a cool guy :D

The demo, on the other hand... well, lets just say I'm not buying, let alone pre-ordering something like this (especially after the clunk-fest of brink) without a good play first.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Good to know guys. That President guy is just a riot.

Anyways, I might pick it up when I head off to school. I doubt I can keep a game like that in my house

Also, is anyone else worried that the Australians won't be able to play it? As it, it will get banned like Mortal Kombat.

roostuf

Dec 29, 2009
hmmm, i have the code thanks to borderlands GOTY edition. but eh fuck ill wait til the actual game.

ReCaptcha: selling mencerne, apparently they selling mens t-shirts...

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Awww yeah, Gotta love it when you remember you have a first access code from last October stuck to the fridge.

Sabinfrost

Mar 2, 2011
Made a bit of a joke out of the franchise with the never ending delays. Good to see that the guys at Gearbox are a gamers developer and know how to have a bit of fun at their expense.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I was expecting them to switch in an earlier release date but this is cool too. And fair play I nearly fell to believing that "excecutive" was a genuine tongue slip :D

GeneWard

Feb 23, 2011
HARK!I got a code by asking the clerk in my local retail shop and suggest others try the same. The shop in question had boxes full of the things, so I'm sure there are many other shops in similar predicaments ready to give them free.

vehystrix

Nov 18, 2009
PsiMatrix said:
Yeah, almost had me with that one.

I have to wonder why did this one needed a rating selection? He didn't swear and there wasn't anything particularly M-rated about it. Or was it just because it was the Duke?
Look closely, there's a topless chick behind the sign on the right side...

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
CM156 said:
Also, is anyone else worried that the Australians won't be able to play it? As it, it will get banned like Mortal Kombat.
Mortal Kombat was a vastly VASTLY more graphically intense game than is the norm, it would be insane for it to release with a 15+ label here even with our crazy illogical inconsistent flawed rating system. Duke on the other hand, eh the worst thing in it is probably naked boobs which is fine for 15+ so it wasn't banned or censored here. Now if their were an interactive sex scene for example then heck yeah it would be banned.