Trailers: Earth Defense Force: Babes

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I thought this would have something to do with the EDF troops from Duke Nukem Forever, which is already a stupid idea. Turns out this us something much, much worse: it's like Evony.
For those that didn't use the internet during the course of 2009, Evony was a boring MMO that thought that advertising with scantily clad women that have no relevance to the game itself would get people to play it. The game is infamous for so, and I'm surprised another company was dumb enough to think it would work.
Captcha was "Take Potluck"
*takes potluck*

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
Royas said:
Far be it for me to not enjoy opportunities to see sexy women in provocative poses, but what the hell does this have to do with the actual game? If you're going to pander to my basest instincts, best to tie it in with the product a bit more solidly than this.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

I wasn't planning on buying this game anyway.

And really, do we really need more of this? I mean, between this, Duke Nukem, and the Dead Space 2 commercials, we're on our way to having games freaking outlawed. Why can't you just make regular commercials, that actually have something to do with the product...

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
jonyboy13 said:
Well, publishing boobs - err, babes is ok but at least get hot ones...
Well, that was horrible in every single way, don't mind not having PS3.
What in any way does EDF have to do with the PS3? This one is multi-platform and EDF: 2017 was a 360 exclusive.

Try to be a fanboy just slightly less please.

OT: Eh, boring video. Fun game.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Yeah, fuck you too, VC Software and D3 Publisher. Feel free to horse around with your advertising sluts, contract some horrible venereal diseases and die from them.

God damn. This is the kind of insult that gets me even more riled up than PETA or the WBC.

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
DaxStrife said:
Ladies and women-folk,
I am a man, and I apologize for my gender. :-(
Prity much that

OT well This is sad...

Almost as bad as the Dante's Inferno advertising campeign...

Well AVIOD LIKE THE PLAGUE

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Earth is totally screwed!

Oh wait they're RPing, good.

This game looks worth while from what I can tell of the rare bits of gameplay.

Trilliandi

Feb 1, 2011
...Still waiting on the punch-line... maybe if more women gamed, they couldn't JUST pander to one side... or maybe the gaming industry would simply collapse since it's STARTING to look like they don't KNOW how to do anything ELSE.

Idea for the follow-up video: An army of female gamers storming the studio and crushing the developer's pelvis' with those tall-ass heels they seem obsessed with putting them in and then animating wrong anyways because they think we're all too horny to NOTICE. Enlisting now.

mlooshka

Nov 19, 2009
I'm completely unclear on this ad's message. Were the women supposed to represent characters from the game? Maybe trying to point out that they are especially badass by their willingness to risk their vital organs by fighting intergalactic spiders with bare midriffs? And what's with the one at the end who is clearly going off to battle armed with nothing but a riding crop? I want to see THAT boss fight.

Or maybe they are just gearing up for a long co-op session of insert-game-title-here, followed by pedicures and pillow fights? And if so, why are they narrating that evening's plan to the photographer? Is this some unlockable first-person mission that will be available in DLC? Enquiring minds want to know.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Uh ok...how do the girls relate to the actual game? Really if the best way they can think of to advertise this it to pay some chicks to dress and pose provocatively it makes it seem like the game it just isn?t interesting so they have to fall back on sex appeal.

CBanana

Aug 10, 2010
I get the sense that these advertisers really want to be advertising for something like Senran Kagura as opposed to what they're supposed to be advertising. Of course, that begs the question that if the advertisers don't care for their game, why should I?

Zeitgeist1983

Jul 20, 2011
rhizhim said:
only ash can express the questions i am asking myself now. mind the last segment of the video.

[gametrailers=715502]

do i have to add more?
Want a RevRant show on the escapist! This guy is great! Think about escapist! Please! ;)

nightwolf667

Oct 5, 2009
I...uh...erm...hoo...what?

As a female gamer...as a woman...as a human being...I don't know if I have words for how offensive that was...

Though a multitude of comments in this thread are raising my faith in the male gender. Slightly. Faith in the gaming industry as a whole: reduced.

I don't even...sigh

shitoutonme

May 26, 2011
nightwolf667 said:

As a female gamer...as a woman...as a human being...I don't know if I have words for how offensive that was...

Though a multitude of comments in this thread are raising my faith in the male gender. Slightly. Faith in the gaming industry as a whole: reduced.

I don't even...sigh
Honestly, women like you - hell, even the men in this thread who are pathetically crying over boobs in their games - make me sicker than this video, but I won't go into further detail since I rather not get banned.

As if anyone gives a flying horse leg about your faith in the male gender...

Whatever. If you guys want to whine about women being objectified in the gaming community, this is the wrong place to do it, and if you find this trailer lacking in gameplay footage, I suggest looking this title up on Youtube.

CBanana

Aug 10, 2010
shitoutonme said:
nightwolf667 said:

I don't even...sigh
Honestly, women like you - hell, even the men in this thread who are pathetically crying over boobs in their games - make me sicker than this video, but I won't go into further detail since I rather not get banned.

As if anyone gives a flying horse leg about your faith in the male gender...

Whatever. If you guys want to whine about women being objectified in the gaming community, this is the wrong place to do it, and if you find this trailer lacking in gameplay footage, I suggest looking this title up on Youtube.
It's a dishonest marketing campaign that's premised on the idea that if you show the male gamer demographic boobs, they'll be a huge amount more likely to buy the game regardless of what the game is actually like. If anything, it's far more sexist against men than women as it's pretty much a direct insult against mens' intelligence.