Trailers: Europa Universalis IV - Announcement Trailer

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Wow that had to be the most informative, awe inspiring, game trailer ever. /sarcasm

Still I'm excited, I can only make do with so much Civ 5 and Total War before I need a break.

Nick Holmgren

Feb 13, 2010
newwiseman said:
Wow that had to be the most informative, awe inspiring, game trailer ever. /sarcasm

Still I'm excited, I can only make do with so much Civ 5 and Total War before I need a break.
it is the announcement trailer mind you, this is basically to say "EU 4, that is going to happen, probably." I doubt they even have much information to give out yet at this stage.

Still, EU is good fun and I hope they keep expanding on it.

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
I can't wait to see whats new from EU3.
The Scythian said:
All the world will kneel.

Hope you can transfer Crusader Kings II games.
If you can't I'm sure the fans will build a save transfer program.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Nick Holmgren said:
newwiseman said:

it is the announcement trailer mind you, this is basically to say "EU 4, that is going to happen, probably." I doubt they even have much information to give out yet at this stage.

Still, EU is good fun and I hope they keep expanding on it.
I get that, I'm just really tired of bland announcement trailers when a press release is just as informative.

Edit* clicked the wrong quote button apparently, fixed.

Spectrum_Prez

Aug 19, 2009
Hehe, it's funny that if you compare the short glimpse of the graphics with Crusader Kings 2, it doesn't look like an upgrade at all. But if you were to compare those graphics with EU3 at launch, there's a huge gap (50% attributable to HAB being red).

EDIT: I also enjoy the fact that despite the game being in pre-alpha, there's already a thread on the official forums suggesting province border changes.

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
newwiseman said:
Darknacht said:
I can't wait to see whats new from EU3.
The Scythian said:
All the world will kneel.

Hope you can transfer Crusader Kings II games.
If you can't I'm sure the fans will build a save transfer program.
I get that, I'm just really tired of bland announcement trailers when a press release is just as informative.
I'm fairly sure you quoted the wrong post but they did post more on Paradox's press release:
Europa Universalis IV Features:

Make your own decisions: Nation building is completely flexible
Use your Monarch Power: In this new system, a leader's traits will direct the ebb and flow of gameplay
Experience history coming to life: The great personalities of the past are on hand to support you as you make your mark on thousands of historical events
Turn the world into your playground: Enjoy over 300 years of gameplay in a lush topographical map in full 3D
Gain control of vital trade routes and make the wealth of the world flow to your coffers in the all-new trade system
Bring out your negotiating skills in a deeper diplomatic system
Go online and battle against your friends in an all-new multiplayer game mode that features hot-join, improved chatting, a new matchmaking server, and support for a standalone server
Create your own history and customize your game: Europa Universalis IV gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire

Press releases will always be more informative then announcement trailers.

Khayl

May 23, 2012
That may have been the most lackluster trailer for a video game i have ever seen.

Apparently there is a map now?

While i have never played the Europa series, my understanding is that it is Spreadsheets - Total War.....without any of the ''war''.

I think I will stick with the TW series, and Microsoft Excel :)

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Khayl said:
That may have been the most lackluster trailer for a video game i have ever seen.

While i have never played the Europa series, my understanding is that it is Spreadsheets - Total War.....without any of the ''war''.

Try the demo on Steam, its not easy to describe but i wouldn't call it "without War" at all.
There's plenty of war, just the individual battles are much more hands off. And there was always a map? :S

First thing i do when i get this game, into the common files i shall go to change the end date, then i click on the Provence of Munster and then Ireland shall rise >:3
Multiplayer should be fun too.

Though to be honest, all the new features, i'm pretty sure most of that is already modded into EU III

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
very short and not telling teaser :(
then again, paradox interactive cant go wrong.

Khayl said:

Taking the middle ground?
You know, there is a line going from the mainstream just for fun word conquering games and the seriuos down to business ones. and it goes more or less like this:
Sid meyers civilization being the simple easy to understand just for fun game
Total war series being more seriuos but still hilariuos at times
and then Paaradox games (europa universalis, hearts of iron, ect) that is hands on serious you have to strategize take care of your populace and if you dont plan years ahead youll be crushed. These games are for people who like to sit down, grab a cup of tea and create strategies whole day before making the best move possible.