Trailers: Firefall - Live Action Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Firefall - Live Action Trailer

Take a tour of what is waiting for you in the Firefall beta.

Watch Video

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Video game aesthetics applied to real people.

lol.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
It looked cool.

But I didn't really follow what was going on. Nor did it let me care to find out :S

Justin1221

Aug 16, 2008
Zhukov said:
Video game aesthetics applied to real people.

lol.
Beat me to it.

Reminds me of that live action Warhammer 40k movie...which I never watched but saw in a YTP video, so it might not even exist, though I SWEAR I saw something like it.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
It's a pity that you won't find anything nearly as interesting in the game itself, really.

A little backstory for those who don't know what's going on: The Arclight was supposed to be humanity's first faster-than-light spacecraft- until something went wrong during its first "arcfold" attempt and the ship crashed into the ocean just off the coast of Brazil, causing untold casualties and horrific environmental damage. Worse still, the arcfold caused an enormous energy storm called "the Melding" to cover the majority of the planet. While what was left of humanity was trying to deal with all the damage and death, an alien force called "the Chosen" emerged from the Melding with the sole aim of exterminating the remainder of the human race.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Haaaay! that's not a classic rock band from the 70's! [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPrf1Q83-sA]
[hr]anyway.. Sorry, but I just can't stop staring at the mohawk. So smooth, it just scream bald-cap.

Wulfclaw

Dec 20, 2009
Even as a Firefall player I have not the slightest idea what the actual F... that trailer meant.
The only thing ingame are the pictured classes, the enemy and the thumping.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Can't say I really liked the trailer, live action just doesn't fit the aesthetic of the game at all. As someone said above, video game aesthetic applied to real people...

I do like that I don't really know what's going on and that's the case as well in-game. I think sci-fi is much more interesting if the alien force you're fighting truly is alien, something you don't know anything about. It also fits the game's more open-world design where you have to explore and find things out yourself.

On top of that it helps me to suspend disbelief. The game's content follows the now-standard dynamic route with public events spawning everywhere. As such there's a lot of the same things happening over and over again and while they're fun I doubt they'd fit in the agenda of an enemy I knew the motivations of. Here, I don't know what the hell is going on, I don't know why these guys are assaulting the same places with the same few methods over and over again. And that's probably for the best.