Trailers: Guardians of Middle Earth - CG Trailer

Fantasylord

Aug 25, 2009
I figure they'll give Thorin Orcrist
Fantasylord said:
Why are they still milking the lotr franchise for money seriously. They should have just stopped at "Rise of the Witchking.'
I can't tell if you're saying that was a good game, or a bad game.[/quote]

Actually I didn't mind Rise of the Witchking simply because they went for expanding on a story that was pretty much mentioned previously as a footnote in the books.

Basically the story was how The Witchking destroyed the Kingdoms of Numenor.
I actually enjoyed how they elaborated on that story for the game since I was always curious on how that happened in the first place.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Elvaril said:
I figure they'll give Thorin Orcrist, since they seem to be following the movies, more or less, when it comes to design.
Thorin loses Orcrist though when he is taken captive by Thranduil and the dwarves did not really have much armour up to that point, while the dwarf in this video is fully armoured. I wish that I had not misplaced my copy of the Hobbit so that I could look it up, but I also seem to remember Thorin wearing a golden suit of armour during the Battle of Five Armies which would fit with the look of the dwarf in this video, although it has been about two years since I last reread the Hobbit so I may be remembering incorrectly.[/quote]
True enough. You seem to be having the opposite problem I am. I know exactly where my copy is, it's just out of my reach. The real question is are they going to have them in full battle regalia, or what would be considered there "normal" gear. Aragorn, for example, could either be using his normal gear, or they may decide to use his... Royal gear? Not sure what you'd call it, but the gear he's wearing at The Black Gates. I'm hoping it's Gloin myself, the other dwarves need more spotlight

Sneezeguard

Oct 13, 2010
ok let me get this straight, Gollum vs Gandalf is suppose to be a fair fight

Gandalf vs the Balrog is a pretty fair fight

so... Gollum vs the Balrog is a fair fight?

This is just League of Legends with Lord of the rings paint splashed on it isn't it?

Saerain

Mar 24, 2009
Oh, I'm waiting for a LotR game, but this sure isn't it. Console, MOBA, Michael Bay trailer...

weirdsoup

Jul 28, 2010
So, I take it from all this that we still have no idea on what the game will actually BE? To me, it looked like someone's seen a LotR movie while playing Soul Caliber and decided they'd work well mashed up into a big sweaty pile

Ironside

Mar 5, 2012
Team Hollywood said:
This is the game that every Lord of the Rings fan has been waiting for.

For a minute there I thought we were finally going to get a good Lord of the Rings game, but then i watched the trailer and even though there was no gameplay included it still somehow made itself look bloody awful. Gollum would have been dead in the first 3 seconds of that fight and why exactly was Sauron breathing fire?

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Quick googling... 5v5 competitive online... That alone would drop my interest to 0 %

LoTR characters are not generic superheroes.

I couldn't unlike this shit more.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
They got a few list of the guardian. Gandalf's a mage with a lot of crown control, Gollum's an assassin type, Thrain (he's the one with the hammer, by the way, it was nice to find out) is probably akin to a tanky DPS in LoL and Ugluk doesn't look anything like I remember him looking in the movie, but is probably another tanky dps

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
I'm guessing a continuity free Smash Bros Clone. ...and hoping Team Hollywood was being sarcastic (That's Moore's law if I'm not mistaken)

All harshness aside, somebody needs to make a gif of Gollum jumping at Gandalf and getting swatted away like a fly.

Captcha: easy as cake
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!