Trailers: Halo 4 Teaser

daemon37

Oct 14, 2009
Hurr durr they're milking the franchise.

But seriously, Halo 1 was pretty good. But 2 and 3 didn't really add anything interesting to the story or gameplay (besides online multiplayer). I didn't play ODST or Reach because my apathy for the franchise crested half-way through Halo 3. Seriously, how many times do I have to hide behind cover while my shields recharge in an alien structure full of identical rooms (apparently this is all you do in every Halo game).

Halo is mediocre as a franchise. The only reason it gets so much attention is because master Chief is Microsoft's mascot. I would much rather Microsoft use their money to fund a new IP. Who knows, maybe it supplant Halo and become the new hotness. But instead, we get 3 more freaking Halo games. Wonderful.

Brainsaw

May 8, 2008
I'm looking forward to it. As long as Halo still supports local play and coop as well as online play, they'll still have several advantages on other console shooters that don't. Plus It'd be really interesting where Halo's story goes from here.

Athelion

Feb 20, 2011
OMG! It's the Death Star! Vaders gonna kick his ass!

But seriously, this isn't the first time a game series has been milked. Ubisoft had the right idea, make a series that has a complex story with so many plot points that they need to make 4 games out of it,(not to mention the spin-offs.) Although I do love that series.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Hm... i though master Chief was a silent protagonist ( the only Halo game I've played was the first, and that was a long time ago. And i didn't play it a lot). I certainly didn't expect his voice to sound like that... Not sure what i expected.
Anyways, hope it's actually good, not sucky (not implying that other Halos sucked, I'm pretty sure they were great cause they've got a huge fanbase and an interesting universe)

Setch Dreskar

Mar 28, 2011
Wait wait... please tell me I am not the only one to notice he magically pulled a jetpack out of his ass... where the hell was that in Halo 3? D:

TxMxRonin

Jan 1, 2009
I'll get exited when I see gameplay. But for now I'll just play the first two (the last three did nothing for me) again.

TastyCarcass

Jul 27, 2009
vrbtny said:
I know it's gonna be one big hunk of fail, as it's not being developed by Bungie and the music done by Marty.... but I can't help getting excited anyway!!
Marty was getting boring. He peaked with the music to Halo 2, but by ODST it was getting too samey.

I just hope they find a way to mix up the gameplay, fighting the covenant was getting stale as hell. Bungie changed their mindset after Halo 2 and became all about the fan service, so they filled the game with jokes and removed the Flood, even though they were the only thing that mixed up the gameplay every now and then.

Withard

Feb 4, 2010
Im sick of the "epic" halo theme now. Nubs use it in all their videos.

But...anythings better than those Halo "Animated shorts"

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Setch Dreskar said:
Wait wait... please tell me I am not the only one to notice he magically pulled a jetpack out of his ass... where the hell was that in Halo 3? D:
I know right, where the fuck was that every time I've been blown off a cliff or jumped a gap too early...

Darkhill

May 17, 2008
Master Chief is supposed to be dead. I'm thinking he's become like the microwave dinner of heroes- they thaw him out when they need something quick and convinient.

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
I can't wait for the agonized screams of Halo fans when this game comes out and sucks donkey balls. Then we can form an "our favorite franchises were ruined by morons" club together. I'll bring soda and chips to the first meeting.

Edfirethefierce

Jun 9, 2011
In my opinion, A Halo game with out MC feels like a Mario Brothers game with out Mario. I do hope that this new studio doesn't totally destroy the franchise.

legion431

Mar 14, 2010
I knew it, the planet he's floating towards is probably Onyx. I thought about that at the end of Halo 3. My prediction is that there will be Forerunners in this game or at least the ruins of their civilisation.

Mister Linton

Mar 11, 2011
Vanguard_Ex said:
Setch Dreskar said:
I know right, where the fuck was that every time I've been blown off a cliff or jumped a gap too early...
Read the 3rd post in this thread. So no, you aren't more observant than anyone else, and no it isn't a plot hole/mistake. Welcome to 3 days ago.

Edfirethefierce

Jun 9, 2011
legion431 said:
I knew it, the planet he's floating towards is probably Onyx. I thought about that at the end of Halo 3. My prediction is that there will be Forerunners in this game or at least the ruins of their civilisation.
Wasn't it made clear in Halo 3 that Humans are Forerunner? Thusly why only Humans could activate the Halo Rings?

PseudoDuck

Bacon Robot
Oct 18, 2009
Haters gonna hate.

I love Halo. I cannot wait for 4 (though a whole new trilogy seems to be pushing it, if I'm honest).

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Seems like everyone suddendly got "excited" by this new trailer. I'm quite intrigued, but not excited.

I like Halo. Ironically, Halo is what got me into PC gaming in the first place. I liked how Halo 3 ended, cliffhanger and all. It just added to the mystery and mysticism of the series and so far, I liked how Bungie aproached the series, making spin-offs and prequels, instead of direct sequels. But the first time I heard that there was going to be a Halo 4, I couldn't help but to cringe and roll my eyes.

I don't have a 360 anymore and I may not have the chance to play their games, but I'd like to wish the best to 343 Studios and hope for the best (read: don't screw it up!).

As for the jetpack... well, maybe he was so badass to deny it's use up until now, who knows?.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Thrust said:
Looking forward to this game, however I fear that the glory of Halo's music has ended, Martin O'Donnell won't be composing Halo anymore
He wont!
*crying face*
But hes awsome!