Trailers: Halo Xbox One - E3 Teaser Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Halo Xbox One - E3 Teaser Trailer

Master Chief is looking worse for wear after the dealings of Halo 4.

Watch Video

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Useless trailer.
No story, no gameplay.

Also, hey! It's gonna be the worst selling Halo EVARRRR. Because it's on the XBONE...

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
It just looks a little stupid having Master Chief walk around in a robe while still wearing battle armor.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Hey, I'm gonna ask what may sound like a stupid question...WHY WAS HE WEARING A CLOAK!? Was the full body battle armor not designed to keep sand out? Jesus Christ, Halo's starting to go downhill.

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
erttheking said:
Hey, I'm gonna ask what may sound like a stupid question...WHY WAS HE WEARING A CLOAK!? Was the full body battle armor not designed to keep sand out? Jesus Christ, Halo's starting to go downhill.
Its Master Jawa! But yeah, the cloak is dumb. His armor is good for deep space, a bit of sand and desert woudnt do squat to it.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
erttheking said:
Starting? Only just now? I thought Halo 4 did a good job of giving it the kick down after it stopped a few feet down with Reach.

OT: So... What's going on? I've since lost the plot with these things. I'll check behind the sofa.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
erttheking said:
That or his armor isn't working? Am I the only one who noticed his helmet was slightly broken? Jesus Christ, people can't think outside the box...

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Korten12 said:
erttheking said:
That or his armor isn't working? Am I the only one who noticed his helmet was slightly broken? Jesus Christ, people can't think outside the box...
No, it still looks pretty stupid. I mean, even if there was a couple of holes in it, why the full body cloak?

Spectre39

Oct 6, 2008
My impression is the cloak only serves a theatrical purpose, not a literal one. We don't know it's a Halo game until the Master Chief appears from under the cloak, clutching Cortanna's holopad. The scene would have had zero theatrical pacing if we see the Chief lumbering through the desert from the beginning, plain as day.

Despite the horrors we've been hearing about the Xbox One, I'll still buy one for the sake of Halo. I've been a fan from the beginning. I can only hope Microsoft fixes their shitty policies way before release.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
"Your journey begins"

Huh? Did they not know about the previous 5 Halo Games? This is a well established journey at this point. That journey is well on it's way. A lot has happened so far, on that journey. Also, why did whatever that was sound like a Reaper from Mass Effect?

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
As much of a Halo fan I am, I was disappointed. However, to answer those about the Cloak, if you read the novels the Spartan armor needs to be repaired after every battle to ensure it's in top shape. The Chief's armor goes the entire games of Halo 2 to Halo 4 without any repair, as H2 was all battle, cliffhanger, begins 3, 3 goes all the way till being cryo-tubed, and then all of 4 until the end we see his armor finally being repaired on The Infinity. Maybe they don't have the parts necessary? Maybe he's alone again and took some severe beatings that require repair? Point is, sand is a ***** and it can easily mess up any modern day equipment and ruin things. Hell, if his shields are down alone they could seep in and clog up his armor or scratch up his helment so that he's unable to see properly. The cloak just adds protection. Sometimes protecting yourself requires a sacrifice of The Bad Ass image even for the Chief.

I'm still not buying an Xbone, though.

CATPCHA: time will tell

What is this I don't even...

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
Spectre39 said:
My impression is the cloak only serves a theatrical purpose, not a literal one. We don't know it's a Halo game until the Master Chief appears from under the cloak, clutching Cortanna's holopad. The scene would have had zero theatrical pacing if we see the Chief lumbering through the desert from the beginning, plain as day.

Despite the horrors we've been hearing about the Xbox One, I'll still buy one for the sake of Halo. I've been a fan from the beginning. I can only hope Microsoft fixes their shitty policies way before release.
The part that bugs me is that we literally didn't know it was a Halo game until after the hood got blown back. Most people in the chat thought it was destiny since it wouldn't make any sense for the Chief to be wearing a cloak.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I was so excited to see some gameplay, then they just moved on to the next segment. I understand that it takes time to get a great presentable demo or gameplay trailer going, but at least with the Halo 4 trailer we still saw the new grenade launcher and the setting for the next game, this just had a blank desert and a big Promethean thing.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
erttheking said:
Korten12 said:
erttheking said:
No, it still looks pretty stupid. I mean, even if there was a couple of holes in it, why the full body cloak?
Sand is the one thing that it is near impossible to protect from. Small grains that can get anywhere, will happily destroy electronics, and wear though just about anything. When traversing an area like the one depicted a multi layered cloak would be the easiest and most low tech way to keep a lot of sand out of the more sensitive armor areas.

That and I was fortunate enough to watch this trailer before knowing what it was for (on another site). It was damn effective at making my jaw hit the floor once he pulled out Cortana's chip.

Too bad the Xbox One isn't worth it.

Jabberwock King

Mar 27, 2011
It's the Answerer from AC for Answer! Ha ha ha... whatever. Good to see that the release schedule for Halo hasn't gone annual yet, well technically. Yeah I know Halo wars and ODST came out in '08, but wars was Ensemble's last game and ODST was built off of 3, and anniversary was just a remake.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Daemascus said:
Its Master Jawa! But yeah, the cloak is dumb. His armor is good for deep space, a bit of sand and desert woudnt do squat to it.
Well just because the armor can protect his body against the vacuum of space it doesn't mean sand can't build up in area's where it can hinder the armor's performance. Now the shield should block out sand, but there are some things to consider. Is his shield device broken? partially broken? Is there something wrong with the power supply? Is the power supply infinite? And even if we ignore all that its just a teaser trailer and like with halo 4 the part shown in the teaser most likely won't play out the same way in the actual game.

And besides its just a cloak even if it doesn't serve any real purpose other than to look cool its not as if it impedes the Chief's abilities in any significant way.
BehattedWanderer said:
"Your journey begins"

Huh? Did they not know about the previous 5 Halo Games? This is a well established journey at this point. That journey is well on it's way. A lot has happened so far, on that journey. Also, why did whatever that was sound like a Reaper from Mass Effect?
Think of it this way, in the past Halo games Master Chief's adventures basically involved him rescuing humanity from some threat or another. He did what he did because it was is duty, his purpose. However, this time it looks like the Master Chief has a personal agenda (as evident by the Cortana "dog tag") and his mission may not have anything to do with his duty(maybe he's AWOL).

If that's what they are going for then I'm all for it. Its basically what I wanted halo 4 to be, to show the more personal and human side of the Master Chief (granted Halo 4 did do this to a small degree).

erttheking said:
I mean, even if there was a couple of holes in it, why the full body cloak?
I disagree I thought it looked cool. As for why the cloak, maybe its all that was on hand at the moment and if that's the case what do you expect him to do?

Anyway, despite being a huge Halo fan since the first game, I might have to pass on this until Microsoft either gives the XBOX 1 a significant price drop or revokes the DRM thing...hey a man can dream.

Also, who here didn't think this was a Destiny trailer at first.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Spectre39 said:
Obviously the cloak exists for theatrical reasons, but one usually expects characters in a story to act the way they do because it makes sense within the context of what's happening. Master Chief has no reason to be 'theatrical' when he's alone in the desert, unless he's deliberately breaking the fourth wall. And with Halo being a franchise that takes itself somewhat seriously it's hard to believe that's the case.

The only explanation I can think of is that Master Chief may be trying to avoid identification, maybe he's worried alien ships will pass by overhead and see him. Seems like a stretch but maybe.