Trailers: Killzone 3 Story Trailer

WarpGhost

Jan 5, 2009
Hmmm... Story is not one of Killzone's strong points. I did like the sheer unvarnished brutal feel of the first one; the multiplayer trailer for this one hints at it.

Pretty academic as I don't own a PS3 though... ;)

Raykuza

Jul 1, 2009
Ho - lee shiiiiiiiit. This makes me wish my copy of KZ2 wasn't stolen so I could play it again before this epic madness drops.

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
I think many of us can come to the agreement that the Helghast are not only cooler but were really the misunderstood good guys all along.

Freechoice

Dec 6, 2010
leviadragon99 said:
Oh goody, the return of "gears of world war 2"
Quoting Yahtzee is cool.

And as much as I agree with that little phrase, I must warn the Killzone fans not to get over-excited. This game isn't immune to the hype bug.

Darkhill

May 17, 2008
Please ,please, PLEASE! We all want to switch sides to the Helghast. I get they're supposed to be space Nazis but they really just have all the style of the Nazis and none of the evil. There's ample room to argue that the ISA are the bad guys (especially since they have all the nukes). Valagetti said it best that the villains are far more interesting than the 'heroes', and now they have Malcolm McDowell!

It would be the best turn around ever, especially if the last boss is Sev, and I finally get to shoot him in the face.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Valagetti said:
Has anyone realised the villians in the games these days seem far more interesting than the good guys?
Villains are always more interesting. There's hardly a thing (except maybe real life) that breaks that rule. Alan Rickman was the real hero of Die Hard, Dick Dastardly was the best character in wacky races. So it shall always be

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
Darkhill said:
It would be the best turn around ever, especially if the last boss is Sev, and I finally get to shoot him in the face.
I actually like Sev, its Rico that I want killed. At least Sev doesn't get people killed because he's too impatient, and then acts like its your fault he rushed out and got Garza killed. Hell even Natko (who is written to be the squad jackass) looks better when compared to Rico.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Looks pretty interesting, though the trailer seems a little cliche. But maybe I've just seen too many trailers with explosions, slow-motion jumps, and explosions while some is jumping in slow-motion.
But still, I've heard a lot of good stuff about this game. Would like to play it one day, too bad i don't own a PS3.
And also, that voice at the start sounded a lot like President Eden from Fallout 3.
The same voice actor?

holographicman

Oct 6, 2009
Why Guerrilla?!
why wont you make a Helghast campaign?

also

new helghast leader looks cool (CEO meets serial killer)
and hooray for helghast ninjas!

Cyberjester

Oct 10, 2009
mb16 said:
can i fight for the hellcast in this one please?

from what i can gather the hellcast are really the "good" guys, as it started with them being unfairly moved from a planet
This. ^ ^

But did anyone notice how Modern Warfare that video looked? 'Tis a pity, since Killzone avoided the Halo bounciness and created a grim, reasonably realistic shooter. Almost a PC shooter. It was.. Like playing a decent W40K game almost. But this.. 'sad face'
I don't want a CoD: MW Killzone.

I do like ninjas though..

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
I would like to play one game - just one - where the "bad" guys take prisoners, and are fairly nice people that just happen to be on the other side. Freedom Fighters is the only one I can remember doing that. Other games that have prisoners, they are only there to be broken out as reinforcements, or to show that the good guys are losing

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
mb16 said:
can i fight for the hellcast in this one please?

from what i can gather the hellcast are really the "good" guys, as it started with them being unfairly moved from a planet
Actually no.

The Helghast Corporation were the first to colonize the Alpha Centarie System, which had Vekta, and the yet unterraformed Helghan. Since Alpha Centarie was the on;y way for ships to reach earth, the Helgan Corporation began taxing passing ships at ludicrous rates, until the ISA was forced to respond, sending all of the Helgast Corporation to the not-fully-terraformed Helgan.