Trailers: L.A. Noire

Deletethisaccplz

Jul 14, 2010
So that's what they've been up to. Guess we won't be hearing about GTA V until mid-2011 at the earliest. Still, L.A. Noire doesn't look bad as long as the game mechanics are dope.

Debatra

Kaedanis Pyran
Sep 6, 2008
Looks just as awesome as the GameInformer article said it would!

Lono Shrugged said:
Eagi said:
The facial expressions look awesome!!!
Just about to say that. I really hope this is a good one.
That isn't ordinary CG buddy.

http://gameinformer.com/games/la_noire/b/xbox360/archive/2010/11/11/l-a-noire-preview.aspx

Orthon

Mar 28, 2009
Is it just me, or does one of the guys in the trailer look like Harry Shearer?

Anyway, hey, it's Rockstar, worth at least paying attention to.

DannibalG36

Mar 29, 2010
RPG? Open world thing? Mafia II clone? WHAT WILL IT BE?

Edit: OK, Mafia II cousin, but with an open world actually filled with things to do.

emptee

Sep 22, 2010
K, why the heck do all these rockstar games look the same? Realy, wtf? This is supposed to be a noir game, isnt it? Why not mix up the usual look-as-real-as-possible graphicks with some, well NOIR STYLE.Camera, actin, characters, heck, just making it black and whit would help. Go watch Maltese falcon to see what I'm talking about.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
emptee said:
K, why the heck do all these rockstar games look the same? Realy, wtf? This is supposed to be a noir game, isnt it? Why not mix up the usual look-as-real-as-possible graphicks with some, well NOIR STYLE.Camera, actin, characters, heck, just making it black and whit would help. Go watch Maltese falcon to see what I'm talking about.
It's 1:09 seconds long, I'm curious what you think was going to happen.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
Nice. Looks like Jayden part of Heavy Rain mixed with Mafia. The old trailer from 2006 got me interested, now I'm ready for the hype train. I'm definitely going to buy it on D1, even if Mass Effect 3 will be released on the same day.

The Hive Mind

Nov 11, 2010
I hope the faces look that awesome in game as well as in trailers... even if it's just for cutscenes...

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Very LA Confidential.

They even have an Irish chief of police. "Any valediction, boyo?"

Those facial animations are something though, never seen anything like it from an ingame engine.

Derelict Frog

Jun 7, 2010
Voice-acting and facial animation looks amazing.

Also I love the setting and premise: don't know of another game that may have as much style and class as this one (potentially Mafia: City of Lost Heaven - but it'd be close :p).

Ne1butme said:
Is the main character Ken Cosgrove? Cause it looks just like him
Yeah - the character voice-acting Cole Phelps (according to the Game Informer preview) is the same guy who voices Cosgrove (Aaron Staton). I guess they also based the character model on him as well - as R* normally do with their voice actors.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Now this looks kick ass.

I am totally going to preorder it once I know some more information.

And, HA, I doubt it'll make it to Spring '11. Color me surprised if it does.

mik1

Dec 7, 2009
So if Red dead redemption= Old western GTA then L.A. Noire= Late 1900's(don't actually know when the game takes place) GTA

law of syllogism

sounds good

WarpZone

Mar 9, 2008
Wow! It's a good thing they made me put in my date of birth first! That was almost as violent and sexual as an NCIS rerun!