Trailers: Lollipop Chainsaw - Nick Vignette

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Lollipop Chainsaw - Nick Vignette

True love transcends all obstacles - even decapitation.

Watch Video

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
"and isn't a perv like most guys"

You mean like everyone who plays this game, about a sexualized schoolgirl?:p

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
That Nick theme attacks scene is so typical of Goichi Suda since he tend to put some same or similar features that all of his games wil use at some point (in this case those Nick powerups is similar to when Travis got the right slots lineup after you kill someone in No More Heroes).

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
LilithSlave said:
"isn't a perv like some other guys"

It could be a lot worse; she could be like Bayonetta and be doing it deliberately. I get the feeling that here, she was just caught off guard during cheerleading practice and is just kind of ditzy about it.

Honestly, from the trailers I've seen, she's probably one of the tamest female characters to come from the genre - whatever you call the "oversexualized women in an action game" genre.

She's got a personality - she's ditzy but confident, and seems to care about saving the day. Neither she nor her boyfriend gave the impression of being stereotypes. And more importantly, she's not some smug mincing douche about what she's doing, unlike Dante, Bayonetta, or any other character Hideki Kamiya has ever dreamed up. I avoid his games like the plague because I'm sick of those Mary Sue morons who deal death with one hand and stifle a yawn with the other.

So yeah, I'm actually interested in this. The story is silly and the main character is unabashedly girly, but so what? It looks like a great zombie-slasher with a dash of light-hearted humor and it's a welcome relief from the slew of super-serious angry games like God of War. Honestly, ask how much I don't give a toss about Kratos the half-god perfect warrior who whines about how awful his unfair life is when he's butchering innocent women just 'cause he needs to hold a door open. Fuck him.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Well, that trailer made my day.

Its almost as if Suda51 saved up his acid stash during Shadows of the Damned, then took it all down at once for this.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I must say, the concept of this game is just stupid. But every trailer I see makes me want to play this game.

nayrbarr

Aug 11, 2010
"How am i still talking without a fucking thorax?!" is, without a doubt, my quote of the day.

Monkeyman O'Brien

Jan 27, 2012
"I kinda sorta, fucking love you." Love that. Gotta use that one day.
Anyway I am kinda offput by the very concept since it reminds me of Onechanbara which was absolute garbage but fuck it. Its a Suda game. After playing Shadows of the Damned he can do whatever the hell he wants and I will buy it.
Shit, throw in a Johnson cameo and I will buy it twice.

One thing that does bug me is its release schedule.

NA April 24, 2012
JP May 10, 2012
EU June 15, 2012

I mean what the fuck?

jessegeek

Oct 31, 2011
Awesome~ Dat Suda 51 humour, dem refs (San Romero High, "How am I still talking without a fucking thorax?!" and the whole concept of Nick essentially being from H.P. Lovecraft's Herbert West: Reanimator, and the uber-cheesy schlocky 80s film of it)... this is gonna be one hell of a game. XD

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I was curious before, and now I'm excited. It's like LSD remembered how much Suda 51 it's supposed to take per day, or it starts going mild. Nice to have him back after the (relatively) sober affair that was Shadows of the Damned. Oh, Suda, how we missed you.

gigastar said:
Well, that trailer made my day.

Its almost as if Suda51 saved up his acid stash during Shadows of the Damned, then took it all down at once for this.
Well, what would you do after being relatively sober for awhile, cut off from your stash, being unable to touch it, knowing it was there?

Damn right you'd stick your face in that shit and take in as much of it in a single moment as possible. Then, after a quick breath, you'd do that shit again. Just to show your stash how much you missed it, and how much you love it, and how you feel miserable when it's not around, and how you'll never leave it again, you've learned from your mistakes, baby, just take me back, please, remember how much fun we had together?

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
ಠ_ಠ
What...what...
What did I just...watch.
W...no. Just...I'm leaving.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
I hate to use the same comment I used for the last trailer, but this one is just so much more appropriate.
Endocrom said:
Still interested, wonder if Travis Touchdown will make a cameo.

She has a human head on her belt, there's got to be an oral sex joke in there somewhere.
George Forman's Head: Interesting side note: As a head without a body, I envy the dead.

Darth_Murmeltier

Jan 5, 2011
I love how crazy and upfront this game is. I would actually like to see a game where Goichi Suda has complete control and is not limited by budget or anything like that, it would be asbolutely amazing, but yeah I think I will buy this one^^

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
LilithSlave said:
"and isn't a perv like most guys"

she seems to be "of age" and ditzy in an almost likable way

I got no problems from this trailer..looks interesting

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Getting more and more excited about this game. And yes, it does seem like Suda51 found his acid bucket again after shadows of the damned.