Trailers: Lost Planet 3 - Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Lost Planet 3 - Trailer

Such a dangerous planet this lost planet, maybe find one less prone to hurting?

Watch Video

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
When I first saw this, I literally shrieked in surprise
I have been a huge fan of the Lost Planet series, and totally did not expect there to be a third one
It looks like a different game, with new enemy types and different VSs (maybe a story with ACTUAL CHARACTERS!)
I'm now totally phsyched!

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I'd be more excited, but this looks like the bastard child of gears of war and mechwarrior.

Just the same, that robot looks mighty badass and at least there are actual monsters that aren't just reskinned human AI.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
The new guy seems like a likable character. This series was lacking in any character.

Though I question the actor who is Gale.

Looks pretty badass. A trailer that makes me laugh intentionally is bound to be bought my me.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
voltair27 said:
*whistles* Now that looks pretty cool.

I wonder who that Gale is...
Let me check my Collector's Edition Artbook! for this... huh, there's a guy named Gale. He's Wayne's, the main character of the first game's, father... well, this is interesting. Either they're reusing names, or we might learn more about him than that he wore orange.

As for the trailer... I'm skeptical. The mechs, while cool, don't like quite as Asian inspired, which I think gave the game a distinct look, and the character cracking one-liners and having a bad case of 5 o' clock shadow makes me wonder if this is just going to be Gears of Lost Planet. Still, Lost Planet was good (haven't picked up 2, so no clue about that one), and I hope this one stays on my radar when I got to buy more games.

Javarino

Mar 15, 2010
Played the first one, which confused me but was mediocre all around. (don't bother trying to understand the story, years of wasted effort). I was somewhat hyped for the second, but the review letdown and my lack of funds led me to skip it. This one is already looking quite a bit better, at least character-wise. If they can rejuvenate the series, good luck to the developers. Here's to hoping this one knocks the other two out of the park, and if not... well, here's to hoping.

Noxshadow

u mad?
Jan 12, 2010
Capcom continues their nasty habit of pawning off all their franchises to other developers, but otherwise? HELL YES.

Arkynomicon

Mar 25, 2011
So it is gonna be a single-player game instead of an awesome Contra like coop game? I bet it's gonna have cover-based combat as well because Capcoms opinion about the western market is that non of us have the twitch reflexes to play a shooter with movement.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
CloggedDonkey said:
voltair27 said:
*whistles* Now that looks pretty cool.

I wonder who that Gale is...
Let me check my Collector's Edition Artbook! for this... huh, there's a guy named Gale. He's Wayne's, the main character of the first game's, father... well, this is interesting. Either they're reusing names, or we might learn more about him than that he wore orange.
If I remember right Gale, as in Wayne's father Gale, was killed in the first one by the massive Akrid, Green Eye. Right at the start of the game if I remember correctly. Also Wayne's father looked nothing like the guy in the trailer.

So I'm assuming this is just a new character with the same name. The only other thing I could think of is this being a prequel to the first Lost Planet where you play as Wayne's father when he was younger.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
They're still making these?

Okay, that looked better than it had any right to be. Still not buying it unless it sets the gaming world on fire.

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
i kinda liked the first one and i didnt pick up the second one but any game with giant mechs gets my attention tho i wonder if this is a prequel with all the ice and snow back and gale as the main charackter (i think).

Two Angels

Dec 25, 2009
After the horror that was Lost Planet 2 this really needs to show some impressive improvements before I even dream of parting cash for another one in the series.