Trailers: Mass Effect 3 - Rebellion Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Mass Effect 3 - Rebellion Trailer

Considering that this is free, I cannot think of one reason not to download and play this.

Watch Video

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
More things to gamble for like a stupid kid buying 50 booster packs to try and find a Charizard card. Remember when Mass Effect was a single player game? Good times.

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
Fr said:
anc[is]More things to gamble for like a stupid kid buying 50 booster packs to try and find a Charizard card. Remember when Mass Effect was a single player game? Good times.
Yeah, that's exactly what is turning me off of MP. I'm still playing it, but I despise the fact that NOT playing MP affects my single player experience. But if you don't like the MP, and you don't have an I-product, then you're screwed.

They could make use of the difficulty tiers... have the upgrades/classes/weapons be available to buy, and give everyone a booster pack for finishing a map... the possibility of unlocking stuff for free by playing well. Tier the booster packs for each difficulty. Have the N7 weapons and certain classes unobtainable except by getting booster packs from Gold maps, but everything else is available for purchase. There needed to be a way to get specific gear if you're big into playing a Vanguard/Engineer/whatever. But no, it has to all be random... so it caters only to heavy grinders.

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
It's repetetive as hell, but I'm still having a great deal of fun. And after I saw those Phoenix guys in action today, I want one.

I'm trying to pull myself together and keep hoarding credits - in case there'll be Rebellion-specific Spectre packs like the Resurgence Pack...

Sep 14, 2009
i like how they keep advertising "it's free!" but you have to grind to infinite and beyond with the random chances at getting them in the advanced spectre packs..or you could just "pay here to get a random booster pack!"

guarantee they are making there profit back wholesale from people too itchy to get those classes/guns

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Quiotu said:
Fr said:
anc[is]More things to gamble for like a stupid kid buying 50 booster packs to try and find a Charizard card. Remember when Mass Effect was a single player game? Good times.
Yeah, that's exactly what is turning me off of MP. I'm still playing it, but I despise the fact that NOT playing MP affects my single player experience. But if you don't like the MP, and you don't have an I-product, then you're screwed.

They could make use of the difficulty tiers... have the upgrades/classes/weapons be available to buy, and give everyone a booster pack for finishing a map... the possibility of unlocking stuff for free by playing well. Tier the booster packs for each difficulty. Have the N7 weapons and certain classes unobtainable except by getting booster packs from Gold maps, but everything else is available for purchase. There needed to be a way to get specific gear if you're big into playing a Vanguard/Engineer/whatever. But no, it has to all be random... so it caters only to heavy grinders.
Or those with disposable income and little sense of value...

As awesome as these new characters are (Cerberus Defector looks awesome) the whole randomness of the system really sucks alot of the fun out.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Team Hollywood said:
Considering that this is free, I cannot think of one reason not to download and play this.
:p This actually brings up something I've been pondering over for a while...

I'm betting that these DLC character/map packs were originally supposed to cost something, but after the explosion of rage over the game's ending and day-1 DLC, I bet they decided "Yyyyyyyeeeeeeeeaaaah....maybe we should give'em some free DLC packs..."

Oh well, at least maybe now I'll finally get my Geth Infiltrator while the game picks something else to absolutely refuse to give me.

BlindWorg

Oct 31, 2009
Team Hollywood said:
I can. Multiplayer for this trilogy shouldnt have existed in the first place, no matter how slightly above mediocre it is. So i wont bother logging in and checking it out myself.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
for free or not, they should rather work on the ending.... ah yes, artist integrity.
stupid MP ruined the whole game, including ?A.

Supertegwyn

Oct 7, 2010
BlindWorg said:
Team Hollywood said:
I can. Multiplayer for this trilogy shouldnt have existed in the first place, no matter how slightly above mediocre it is. So i wont bother logging in and checking it out myself.
Your post implies you have not played it.

You should, the multiplayer is excellent.

P.S. Who are you to say what should or shouldn't have been in a game series?

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Fr said:
and now we can play as Geth. Great times indeed

Dendio

Mar 24, 2010
The dlc is free and the multiplayer is fun. Im surprised of the negativity in this thread. The grinding isn't a grind if you play when you feel like it. Its free to play, not pay to play. The credits come quickly and the packs drop good gear. I got the javlin arguably the best sniper rifle in game without too much trouble. No need to use real money.

Thanks for the new maps they are awesome, esp thessia

longboardfan

Jul 27, 2011
So was this the free dlc that was announced after the public outcry two or so months ago, or did that already happen? Does adding more cards to randomized packs count as "free" dlc? Isn't this actually like Wizards of the Coast announcing a new 'free' expansion (as per normal), but you still have to buy the cards?

Wasn't there going to be a new ending dlc or something for the single player game? I could have sworn there was one announced.

Dendio

Mar 24, 2010
longboardfan said:
So was this the free dlc that was announced after the public outcry two or so months ago, or did that already happen? Does adding more cards to randomized packs count as "free" dlc? Isn't this actually like Wizards of the Coast announcing a new 'free' expansion (as per normal), but you still have to buy the cards?

Wasn't there going to be a new ending dlc or something for the single player game? I could have sworn there was one announced.
The longer the ending dlc takes the better. More content and more time taken to get it right.

BlindWorg

Oct 31, 2009
Supertegwyn said:
BlindWorg said:
Team Hollywood said:

Why, im BlindWorg, wolfy extraordinaire. Who might you be? Its as if my opinions are not worth squat and not allowed to express them, what a shock.

I have actually played it after the SP to get my Mass Effect fix since i knew the SP would now never grant me that because of the trainwreck of an ending. I grew bored of it in a week once i realized how shallow it actually was. Please note that i didnt say the MP was a horrible piece of crap, just mildly above average in my opinion. I did say that it should not have existed in the first place.

Why? Because frankly, the development time spent on making the Multiplayer could have been used for a much better thing, oh i dont know, the FREAKIN Single Player experience the trilogy is known for. I bought the game for the story and NOT for the tacked on MP mode. Its hard for me to imagine that ANYONE would have bought the game only because of the MP mode.

I like the think that if the MP was scrapped from the start and more time was spent on the SP mode then maybe, just MAYBE, SP mode would be a little bit closer to the quality of ME2 and the ending something i can bare watching through without possible hardware damage from hitting the wall.

Feel free to bash me for the following statement if you wish, even i realize im walking on treacherous ground there.

Simply put, by playing the MP mode you are encouriging EAware to put more and more effort on putting MP modes on possible future installments in the Mass Effect IP. EAware is KNOWN for its SP experiences, may not be the Pastafarians gift to the world but it is their strong area. Need i remind you of the state of SWTOR? Groups of people are being fired/laid off from the team and the only thing positive thing to say of the game is the ACTUAL SP STORY part of levelling your character, not the endgame, not the PvP, not even the gameplay, the actual story while levelling.

If given the choice, i would always prefer to a quality SP expereince with no MP mode rather than the lackluster SP with a mediocre MP we currently have. Your priorities for this IP are truthfully skewed if you seriously prefer the latter one.

MP is not EAware's strong area and should bail out of it in the possible future Mass Effect games while still possible to guarantee the quality of the SP mode, the area Mass Effect and EAware is actually known for.

keiji_Maeda

May 9, 2012
BlindWorg said:
Supertegwyn said:
BlindWorg said:
Team Hollywood said:

Why, im BlindWorg, wolfy extraordinaire. Who might you be? Its as if my opinions are not worth squat and not allowed to express them, what a shock.

I have actually played it after the SP to get my Mass Effect fix since i knew the SP would now never grant me that because of the trainwreck of an ending. I grew bored of it in a week once i realized how shallow it actually was. Please note that i didnt say the MP was a horrible piece of crap, just mildly above average in my opinion. I did say that it should not have existed in the first place.

Why? Because frankly, the development time spent on making the Multiplayer could have been used for a much better thing, oh i dont know, the FREAKIN Single Player experience the trilogy is known for. I bought the game for the story and NOT for the tacked on MP mode. Its hard for me to imagine that ANYONE would have bought the game only because of the MP mode.

I like the think that if the MP was scrapped from the start and more time was spent on the SP mode then maybe, just MAYBE, SP mode would be a little bit closer to the quality of ME2 and the ending something i can bare watching through without possible hardware damage from hitting the wall.

Feel free to bash me for the following statement if you wish, even i realize im walking on treacherous ground there.

Simply put, by playing the MP mode you are encouriging EAware to put more and more effort on putting MP modes on possible future installments in the Mass Effect IP. EAware is KNOWN for its SP experiences, may not be the Pastafarians gift to the world but it is their strong area. Need i remind you of the state of SWTOR? Groups of people are being fired/laid off from the team and the only thing positive thing to say of the game is the ACTUAL SP STORY part of levelling your character, not the endgame, not the PvP, not even the gameplay, the actual story while levelling.

If given the choice, i would always prefer to a quality SP expereince with no MP mode rather than the lackluster SP with a mediocre MP we currently have. Your priorities for this IP are truthfully skewed if you seriously prefer the latter one.

MP is not EAware's strong area and should bail out of it in the possible future Mass Effect games while still possible to guarantee the quality of the SP mode, the area Mass Effect and EAware is actually known for.

I can acknowledge this course of reasoning and it is further enforced by the fact that the tangible benefits are (to most, not all mind you) negligible when the enticement of enhancing your SP experience has been removed. Most of my friends are expressing this opinion (We're done with the game, why bother with more grind-festy,repetetive shooting, we have CoD already) and i've seen it reiterated on several forums (even, shock and lo ) this one.

However, as someone who is still (occasionally) playing the MP experience and is even going to gives this DLC a ride. I mean, i think most of us can acknowledge that the Multiplayer was created as a hook to keep players from leaving the game once the SP experience was finished (which, business-wise makes sense.As SP is corporate wise seen as use-and-toss while those with MP components are seen as continously used) and while i will admit that it'll lure me in for a couple of matches, maybe an evening. The randomized reward system and the lack of tangible story related benefits. Won't exactly make me want to get into the proper.

Why not just do a toss up ,add some new missions, and Death-match? I might not speak for everyone, but deathmatch sounds a hell of a lot more enticing than more guns. Also. i feel i must agree with Blindworg in the sense that all the time spent on MP could've been better invested in a more robust SP game. But now that it's already here. I'll play.

Ironside

Mar 5, 2012
Its only sort of free - you will be able to play on the maps, but your going to have to either spend hours of your life or if your stupid real money getting the new characters/weapons. The only reason i will play this multiplayer dlc is if i ever decided to replay the train wreck of a single player and wanted to get those extra 5 second of ending.

Dendio said:
The dlc is free and the multiplayer is fun. Im surprised of the negativity in this thread. The grinding isn't a grind if you play when you feel like it. Its free to play, not pay to play. The credits come quickly and the packs drop good gear. I got the javlin arguably the best sniper rifle in game without too much trouble. No need to use real money.

Thanks for the new maps they are awesome, esp thessia
It been a while since i played the multiplayer, but i dont remember credits being as abundant as you are making out. On silver you get around 30k and it takes about 20 mins to finish on average and gold is around 70k and takes even longer to finish. It takes forever to save up for the packs and then when you buy one the drops are completely random and for me anyway are mostly useless for the character i'm playing as.

johnnnny guitar

Jul 16, 2010
YEAH AWSOME more horde mode stuff awesome cause you know horde mode can NEVER get old but it?s a good thing that mass effect 3's horde mode is /sarcasm/ so game changing and innovative /sarcasm/.
Jesus give us some god dam story DLC already I don't give a shit about the MP anymore it was a fun little gimmick when ME3 came out but that was months ago.
Let?s make this very clear no matter how many DLC packs you release (even though this one has a new objective which isn't game changing) it's still the exact same horde mode.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
longboardfan said:

Kind of. You still get the maps for free, and I'm going to probably presume the new game mode is free too, so it's like them giving away a free demo pack every new expansion.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
I'm I the only one hoping for Jade Empire 2? yeah... Alright

Moving on topic

I'm glad it's free but I'm getting tired of the grinding I gotta do to get the characters and weapons in those packs.