Trailers: Mass Effect 3 - Take Back Earth Trailer

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
I saw this video last night on tv. I got to say, it got me very very excited for Mass Effect 3. Such a good trailer!
Shepard looks awesome :D

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Shits going down huh?

Also is it just me or was the small girl really uncanny.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
This looks like it could be a snippet of multiplayer?

Some kind of SW:Battlefront thing with characters as heroes.

uncanny474

Jan 20, 2011
Oh god... that face for the article pic... I thought we had gotten out of the uncanny valley...

*shudder*

Subatomic

Sep 1, 2011
imnotparanoid said:
Shits going down huh?

Also is it just me or was the small girl really uncanny.
Seems CG artists just can't get children right, they always look really creepy (like the boy in the intro sequence of ME3, though this girl is even worse).

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Smells a lot of.... Dead Island.

Young girl anyone?

Also : When did Mass Effect's combat turn into Lord of the Rings eg. Up close and personal with blades, trolls and shizzle?

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
I must say: this video is amazing. So amazing that it, in fact, managed to hit every single cliche I could think of, and a few more.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
They sure do love to use the Two Steps To Hell album don't they?..

Well, hopefully ill enjoy this one like i did the last, if i get it at all, still on the fence

Darth Rahu

Critic of the Sith
Nov 20, 2009
I'm Commander Shepard and no one messes with my favorite planet in the Milky Way Galaxy. I can't wait!!! XD XD XD!!

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
... So ... we have tons of Normandy-class shuttles and vessels now? Same goes for Mako and Hammerhead?
Amazing trailer overall, some flaws, as always ... But I still won't give in over Origin, soz, EA.

Jeyl

Aug 10, 2010
TAKE BACK EARTH

Why? What did Earth ever do for me in Mass Effect 1 and 2? I think I'll go help the Quarians find a new home or protect the Assari's home world. Earth being in danger is just boring.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Ah, the Halo 4 trailer I've been waiting for. Finally.

I kid, I kid. It's nothing special, but it's pretty cool. I look forward to seeing the extended version.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
That fighter-looking vessel was badass.

They should definitely do a Mass Effect spinoff with space combat. That would be rad.

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
"Oh no, they killed a child! We need to kill these motherf***ers!" Please, like I need any more motivation to save all sentient life in the galaxy. (Which, apparently, I'll be doing on foot on the front line, because that's exactly where you want The Only Hope Of Humankind to be when fighting giant sentient starships.)

Well made, yeah, but also really cheap.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Bioware can make movie please? Sure the girl was definitely from the uncanny valley but seriously that was awesome!

Also Music used in trailer
Begining up to the fighter getting shot down: After the Fall
Shepard Appears to end: Black Blade
Both off of the album Invincible by Two Steps From Hell

Zeriah

Mar 26, 2009
Nice trailer!

They definitely took some liberties from Dead Island but so what? I still loved it. Can't wait till release :)

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
FEichinger said:
... So ... we have tons of Normandy-class shuttles and vessels now? Same goes for Mako and Hammerhead?
Well the Normandy SR-1 was specifically supposed to be a prototype, but considering by Mass Effect 2 Cerberus had constructed the SR-2. It's conceivable the Alliance Military might have started making additional ships with similar designs. Or the other way, the internal components are always what differed and that's largely the same design that Humans use for their starships the whole time.

The Mako and Hammerhead however were never described as being special or unique. It would be the equivalent of a Jeep, so why wouldn't they have a lot of them?