Trailers: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Gamescom Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Gamescom Trailer

A trailer that is so wrong that it's right.

Watch Video

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
God I want this game so bad. It looks awesome.
webkilla said:
Am I wrong to want to see a Metal Gear game with Snake in it?
I am pretty sure it has been confirmed that there will be a 5th Metal Gear Solid game. So maybe that will have Snake return somehow.

dot0rai

Aug 2, 2010
Maybe if they drop the "Metal Gear" from the title, since there hardly seems to be any stealth (and drop Revengeance while we're at it), I would actually be excited for this game.

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
I've had my misgivings about this game, but I gotta say, that doesn't look bad at all. It actually looks kinda fun.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
TheRussian said:
I've had my misgivings about this game, but I gotta say, that doesn't look bad at all. It actually looks kinda fun.
Same, I was skeptical at first. But come on! Everybody should be able to enjoy the finer art of slicing helicopters into twenty pieces on the stroke of a second. Right?

Right?

Haz88

Nov 19, 2009
dot0rai said:
... (and drop Revengeance while we're at it), I would actually be excited for this game.
Yes, that is a silly name. My guess is that they pulled it out of the same bag that all of the revelations, reckonings, reloadeds and retributions came from and the springled it with a pinch of Kojima.

About the game, it looks like it could be exciting, but if anyone mentions nanomachines within the first 45 minutes then it'll go into the "not-with-a-10-foot-pole"-pile. I have an aversion towards nonsense that fails at disguising itself as depth.

MrGrayle

Mar 3, 2012
dot0rai said:
Maybe if they drop the "Metal Gear" from the title, since there hardly seems to be any stealth (and drop Revengeance while we're at it), I would actually be excited for this game.
The "Metal Gear" in the title is because it is in the same universe, all the sneaking in the Metal Gear series is from Solid, which is why this game also doesn't have the "Tactical Espionage Action" tagline the Solid series does.

Gunjester

Mar 31, 2010
Ninja Gaiden? Is that you?
But seriously folks, I'm rather relieved that they're making a game where you can play as cyborg Raiden, he may have been a whiny ***** in MGS2 but when I saw him fighting Vamp I was rather intrigued.

BBboy20

Jun 27, 2011
Lighting Bolt Action

Because nothing feels more badass then still feeling like a normal human being.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
What's with the narrator in this trailer? He sounds like a really bad Paul Eiding impression... not like Paul Eiding would've been appropriate anyway; this is Raiden's story, not Snake's.

P.S. Thanks

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
This game is the definition of pretentious. It's about a robot ninja with an overcompensating dick-sword, slicing helicopters and robot chainsaw panthers.... and it keeps throwing these big words at you "When the conflict around you reflects the conflict within the blahdi blahdi blah!"
Dude.... seriously. Shut the fuck up and accept that no one will take a game called revengeance seriously! This isn't a game about overcoming moral whatever the fuck.... it is about slicing people and helicopters in a retarded manner. Stop pretending otherwise.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I'll get this once the price drops by a huge amount. Just played through MGS4 again today since they had added trophies for it, and damn was the cutscenes annoying. Got a feeling this game will be the same.
I also fucking hate Raiden. Even as a cyborg ninja I can't stand him.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
It looks fun but, the dialogue is atrocious, Raiden is wearing a nanosuit from Crysis and his scabbard is 5 times bigger than his sword.

Sneezeburger

Aug 16, 2012
Haz88 said:
dot0rai said:
... (and drop Revengeance while we're at it), I would actually be excited for this game.
Yes, that is a silly name. My guess is that they pulled it out of the same bag that all of the revelations, reckonings, reloadeds and retributions came from and the springled it with a pinch of Kojima.

About the game, it looks like it could be exciting, but if anyone mentions nanomachines within the first 45 minutes then it'll go into the "not-with-a-10-foot-pole"-pile. I have an aversion towards nonsense that fails at disguising itself as depth.

Pretty sure its nano-machine related. You can cut out your enemys and absorb them.
Still, it looks alright. Maybe not a pre-order but worth a rent.

Sneezeburger

Aug 16, 2012
Monsterfurby said:
Sneezeburger said:
Pretty sure its nano-machine related. You can cut out your enemys and absorb them.
Solid Snake.
Sniper Wolf.
Revolver Ocelot.
Vulcan Raven.
This Guy?

Haha wtf.
Cut THEM* out. The nanomachines.
Not uh..not the characters.

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
Honestly after playing Vanquish they could have called it Metal Gear Rising Tickle Fights and I would still buy it. I trust Platinum Games to deliver the kind of explosion riddled over the top action game that is just fun to mess around with for a couple hours every week. I have a shelf full of story telling experiences and games where slow thoughtful play style is the way to go. But when it comes down to it there are times when I just want to use cyborg powers to fight wolves who have chainsaws attached to their tails.