Trailers: Mortal Kombat Launch

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Mortal Kombat Launch

New modes, new x-rays, and new fatalities feature in the new Mortal Kombat.

Watch Video

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
What the fuck happened in the second part?...
The fatalities seem quite amusing though, might give it a try.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Good luck Australia. You're gonna need it.

I'll be getting this for PS3 I think, I have people to play it with. Sub Zero and his icicle of death all the way!

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
I see they're still selling the series on the gore. Not for me, thanks.

I wonder if they have anything else going for them. Though, I admit the gore is nice.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
Looks like fun. I could always use some games that my friends my actually want to play with me. Maybe. At least they can probably button mash and still win occasionally. But in all reality, I'll have to think long and hard about whether I want this or not. Mortal Kombat has always been a fun diversion, if not a slightly frustrating one, for me and there are a lot of games coming out this year that take priority over this one.

Maybe after I get Mass Effect 3 and Skyrim and I save up enough and the price possibly comes down (or I get it used) then I'll pick it up. We'll see how things go.

Smokej

Nov 22, 2010
played it today with a friend (VS and Coop/Tag mode) and it's awesome. tons of content (SP & MP), the gameplay is good for a MK and it's as bloody as ever...

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Fucking Australia, stop taking my games away from me and/or giving them to me in a chop shop censorship piece of ... I'm good now.

The game looks fantastic, I weep for my inability to play it. It is moments like this that make me wish I wasn't so damn against pirating.

ArmorArmadillo

Mar 31, 2010
Does it control better? My issue with MK games has always been how the controls feel very bricky, more like you're activating a few incredibly specific jumps or strikes.
How does it compare to the fluid systems of Smash Bros or Soul Calibur?

Otherwise, the violence doesn't really impress me because I'm not 13 and I've played God of War.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
ArmorArmadillo said:
Does it control better? My issue with MK games has always been how the controls feel very bricky, more like you're activating a few incredibly specific jumps or strikes.
How does it compare to the fluid systems of Smash Bros or Soul Calibur?

Otherwise, the violence doesn't really impress me because I'm not 13 and I've played God of War.
This game is easily the best MK ever. The fighting is actually extremely fluid. Even using special attacks easily fits into combos.

lightsier

Nov 29, 2009
Yeah, it's the best MK ever, the presentation value is to notch! The sound effects are awesome and all the super moves look great. Everybody is cool in this game! I'm currently playing the story mode and there's no load times and it just keeps moving along like God of War 2 did! Awesome game! Best story mode ever. I would actually pay for additional story mode DLC for a damn fighting game!

gamer_parent

Jul 7, 2010
I wonder how well the game will play as a competitive fighting game. MK has never been known for it's deep fighting mechanics, and more for it's gimmicks.

Having said that, so far it looks it could be good for a laugh or two.