Trailers: Operation Flashpoint: Red River: Unfinished Business

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Operation Flashpoint: Red River: Unfinished Business

The Marines in Tajikastan must deal with the situation in Tajikistan while the politicians talk.

Watch Video

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Huh.

So...

Chinese=evil.
Americans=awesome.

Got it.

I have to say, it's always nice to see the Americans applying a bit of their signature self love.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Zhukov said:
Huh.

So...

Chinese=evil.
Americans=awesome.

Got it.

I have to say, it's always nice to see the Americans applying a bit of their signature self love.
I got that air from it as well

Okay, we have the American Propaganda vid, where's the Chinese one? and then a Tajikastan one condeming both of them.

Cant say i'll be getting this, the first was a let down and i bought ARMA 2 which is basically this but more open maps to mess around with the vehicles with.

This doesn't have a form of editior like ARMA does it?

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
From 00.35 - 00.40, the player character is taking an obscene amount of rounds. What, did Codemasters tune down what little realism the series had left?

ldwater

Jun 15, 2009
Its a weird one this as the game has been out in Europe for a while now.

Codemasters is a British company but the game doesn't seem to have a big 'America great, Chinese bad'; more of a being in the wrong place at the wrong time vibe.

No map editor that I am aware of (even in the PC version) and its taken some flack because of it. The operation flashpoint games have normally been very open world, and while this one allows you a large area to play in its not infinate and you'll die if you wander too far from the expected area. You can only drive the cars in the game and use turrets, but no helos or tanks.

I actually really enjoyed this game; the AI is a little stupid and will quite happily run in front of you while your shooting, but for people who prefer a more tactical shooter its a good fun game and really good playing co-op online :D

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
AMERICA! WE ARE AWESOME, THIS IS CLEARLY NOT GOING AMERICA FTW!

In all serious, I think the Americans are the good guys. Just guessing.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
Here's hoping they put in more checkpoints. There was nothing more aggravating in Dragon Rising than catching a stray bullet and losing an hour of progress. Never finished the last one because of that crap.....

Psycho78

Jan 12, 2011
It looks like Star Wars laser blasters with all the green and red tracers(?) Dragon Rising looked better. The animations seem stiff.

Codemasters never finished Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising. They released a few patches but never fixed a zillion stupid simple problems. Also, no SDK means no mods. That's why I will not buy this game.

ARMA2 is made by Bohemia Interactive, developers of the original Operation Flashpoint. The two new Flashpoint games are not associated with Bohemia.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
Hold out for Arma3!

Frikkin' submarines! http://www.arma3.com/

I lost all interest in the Operation Flashpoint series when they dropped console support for mission making. And the reason they dropped it for this is cos the game is shit basically and not worth modding on pc

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Lono Shrugged said:
Hold out for Arma3!

Frikkin' submarines! http://www.arma3.com/

I lost all interest in the Operation Flashpoint series when they dropped console support for mission making. And the reason they dropped it for this is cos the game is shit basically and not worth modding on pc
Great googly-moogly!
Is that what it looks like?

My underwear is in dire need of a changing.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
AmrasCalmacil said:
Great googly-moogly!
Is that what it looks like?

My underwear is in dire need of a changing.
That's why I always go....*sunglasses*.......COMMANDO!

YEEEEEEEEEEETC.

But seriously I'm hyped. the prelim minimum requirements could run an over-achieving terminator but it's a whole year away so I'm sure I can sell enough blood in time.

I'll stop derailing so we can all talk about this WONDERFUL game: Red River unfinished build or something.

Particulate

May 27, 2011
Even with the other trailers this game just looks bad. Not just unrealistic but boring as hell.

Sunder845

PC Exclusive
Sep 9, 2009
Zhukov said:
Huh.

So...

Chinese=evil.
Americans=awesome.

Got it.

Actually, Codemasters is in Warwickshire, UK.

Nice display of xenophobia though, makes you look very classy.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Sunder845 said:
Zhukov said:
Huh.

So...

Chinese=evil.
Americans=awesome.

Got it.

Actually, Codemasters is in Warwickshire, UK.

Nice display of xenophobia though, makes you look very classy.
The UK, eh? So this is arse-kissing rather than self love?

Well... I suppose that's an improvement... sort of. Guess it's kind of necessary if they want to sell any games.

Incidentally, "xenophobia" is the irrational fear of people from other countries. What I am displaying is disdain.

AmbitiousWorm

I'm going to leave this blank.
Dec 2, 2010
I have never played any of these games and that trailer doesn't make me want to.

The new trailer for MW 15 or whatever is full of explosions and cars flipping threw the air and such which makes it look much more interesting. BF3's trailer shows off how amazing its graphics look. For this game I think "lame" sums it up pretty well. Graphics are kinda crappy and the game play just makes it look like you spend the whole game running across fields or camping in ruined buildings. Also I'm getting tired of hearing about how epically epic US marines are.

Don't get your hate on for me I don't play ANY of these games. I'm just going by my impression of their trailers. I don't like FPS that try to be realistic. This doesn't look as bad as MW or BF (lets take a current war and make it into a game, hooray!) but its still trying.