Trailers: Prototype 2 - Alpha Gameplay Trailer

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
inb4 'Graphics suck'.

It's alpha. It's GOING to suck. (I say this in advance because there are people who don't seem to know what exactly an alpha and beta ARE.)

OT: I like the dismemberment thing. Cut off something's arms and just kind of run around in circles, occasionally kicking it for laughs.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
I'm not sure I like these changes. In Prototype it was easy to switch from power to power to take out enemies on the fly. All these changes make it sound needlessly complicated.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
Looking forward to this and a easier dodge system is much appreciated by someone who had the displeasure of fighting 5 hunters at once while under rocket fire. Also that last hit just made me think (pwned).

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Less QTEs please.

I enjoyed Prototype a lot, but once the supersoldiers showed up it became a pain in the ass to have to switch from using the moves and powers I'd become familiar with to Press X To Not Die.

In general Prototype had a nasty habit of giving you awesome new abilities, then throwing new enemies at you that were virtually immune to said abilities. Hijacking tanks is fun, but I'd prefer it if it wasn't far far more effective than my innate abilities.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Oooo. Me likey. Can't wait for this.

And to those who think that the graphics suck:

A) It's an Alpha build.
B) Would you rather have a game with GTA IV graphics which probably wouldn't work in any conventional system(I'm talking about the PC anyway) considering the fast pace gameplay Prototype is known for?

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
inb4 'Graphics suck'.

It's alpha. It's GOING to suck. (I say this in advance because there are people who don't seem to know what exactly an alpha and beta ARE.)
Except the first game's graphics sucked arse in much the same way, making one wonder if the developers give a shit about the graphics at all. Mind you, I'm not whining about it or even saying it's much of a problem, but while the "it's alpha" argument is legit, so is the fear of seeing the same awful set of graphics again. Also, see Battlefield 3 alpha footage, then get back to me on how alpha graphics always suck ;)

OT: Looks fun. I just hope the fucking around value stays the same or higher and they work in a good story. The protagonist-turned-antagonist angle seems very fresh and an interesting take with a lot of potential - I'm hoping they can use it and make something of the game in terms of narrative. Personally, I felt the cutscenes you get in the first game by 'eating' VIPs managed to tell a pretty decent story (certainly one a billion times better than the one told by the main quest). Fingers crossed on the guys who did that part being in charge of the whole story this time around.

Wraith

Oct 11, 2011
SamuelT said:
I'm not sure I like these changes. In Prototype it was easy to switch from power to power to take out enemies on the fly. All these changes make it sound needlessly complicated.
They made it easier to switch between powers, actually. You can now set two offensive abilities to X and Y respectively, allowing for combos of mixed weapon types. Switching powers will be faster than before.

Vrach said:
Kopikatsu said:
inb4 'Graphics suck'.

Except the first game's graphics sucked arse in much the same way, making one wonder if the developers give a shit about the graphics at all. Mind you, I'm not whining about it or even saying it's much of a problem, but while the "it's alpha" argument is legit, so is the fear of seeing the same awful set of graphics again. Also, see Battlefield 3 alpha footage, then get back to me on how alpha graphics always suck ;)
You have to realize that the footage shown on this sight is not in HD; Every game will look muddy. Watch this same video at 720P on Youtube and you will be astonished- I guarantee it.

GodsAndFishes

Mar 22, 2009
Abedeus said:
One of the things they noticed in Portal 1 was fighting with 5 guys.

WHAT.
Yeah... I'm guessing that their video editing team weren't paying to much attention for this...

rohansoldier

Sep 5, 2011
I never played the original prototype but I heard some good things about it.

Going by this trailer the sequel looks to be interesting and worth a rental once it has a bit more polish applied to it.