Trailers: Prototype 2 - Live Action Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Prototype 2 - Live Action Trailer

You know what they say, if you fall get right back up on that building.

Watch Video

Apr 28, 2008
I find it funny how this game is trying to act all "serious."

Considering this is a series where you can dropkick helicopters while disguised as an old lady.

And also the Gamestop "bionic butt-kicker" ad.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Well, props for making a video game live action trailer that didn't make me brain wish to evacuate my skull in embarrassment.

awesomeClaw

Aug 17, 2009
Noxshadow said:
What have I become, my swedish friend?
Thank god I´m not the only one that hears that.

Also, I´ll definetly be picking up this one on day one. Prototype 1 was an underappreciated gem, so it stands to reason that this one will be even better!

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
I really liked this trailer. I have always experimented with this idea for a trailer, and it was kind of eerie to see it become actualized. Also, can't go wrong with the song.

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
Is this coming out on the P.c., I played the first one on the p.c. and loved it but i looked at the end and only saw boxes for the xbox and ps3, so was wondering do we know?

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Nice. But I have to agree, the video I just saw does not fit with the biobomb butt-kicker ad that came before it.

Also, as an artistic point, I don't think they should have shown Mercer's face in any light. Not only is it distracting considering the actor looks nothing like Mercer in-game, but it diminishes his menacing presence.

If I had never played or heard of the original Prototype, all I would be thinking is "Who the fuck is this dork in the hoodie?" I mean, there's no sense of real malicious rivalry other than the fact that they both want to kill each other.

Fucking love the song, by the way.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
Irridium said:

Considering this is a series where you can dropkick helicopters while disguised as an old lady.

Are you saying you can't have fun... while being serious?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTbwOukQlDY
Panorama said:
Is this coming out on the P.c., I played the first one on the p.c. and loved it but i looked at the end and only saw boxes for the xbox and ps3, so was wondering do we know?
It's coming on PC exactly three months after the console release, with exclusive PC content. Kind of like how the Ratchet & Clank HD Collection is getting extra content in the US, but is coming later.

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
This trailer what have been better off with a different song becuase I honestly feel this is a disgrace to Johnny Cash. I know the backstory to the game but this is just stupid. Otherwise the trailer is decent.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Holy shit. How did I not know this was coming out in 6 days? How is this possible? Also, really? His family is just dead by infection? Could be so much worse. Mercer could have eaten them without a second thought, or split them in two, or split them in five, or mashed them into giblets after dropping from a skyscraper onto their unfortunate circumstance of accidentally occupying the ground beneath that goofy bastard. And they still only show him copying Mercer's abilities? I'm going to get it, certainly. Possibly even on day one. But I really hope something exciting turns up. I do want more than just a repeat of Prototype.

lastjustice

Jun 29, 2004
I thought that was a really powerful trailer. I like the direction of the game as Alex Mercer was a piece of crap, and didn't seem to care how much death and destruction he caused. (I jokely referred to him as Alex Murder since all he ever does is snuff out life.The people in the game don't help their cause as they don't run from you fighting. it's like they all want to die.) Making a game about wanting to kill one of the least likeable protagnist ever is great. (granted the game is not all his fault, but he still was a tool, quite literally.) It doesn't hurt this soldier has a very good reason for what he feels on top of all that. I like it. John Cash's cover of hurt really ties it all together.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Irridium said:

Yeah, that was my first thought when I saw the ad.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the first game (sure it was ugly, sure the story was a big mess, but it was fun), but this one seems to seriously have a tonal problem. I figured after the first one, they'd wise up that the wanton destruction and free running were the only real good parts of the game. Sadly, it looks like they're going to make us try to care about another mass murderer.

I also don't get how the main character has his abilities. I mean it was a huge twist when you found out

Mercer isn't actually Alex Mercer. Making him an intelligent virus/bioagent/? capable of shape shifting was a stretch, but it made for a great twist.

Problem is, that doesn't actually make it sound like he can "Transmit" that. It sounds like this Hudson(?) character is something totally different. But that doesn't make any sense given what we know of the Blacklight virus.

IDK, loved the first game. Not interested in this one at all.

The Last Melon

Mar 19, 2012
Now, Gears of War was a fine game and did some fine marketing, but people have GOT to stop ripping off their "Mad World" trailer, because you can only do it so many times before it gets old.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
What's with everyone doing live-action trailers?...

Seriously, ever since Halo made that one that became really famous it seems like everybody else is just trying to be a copycat. Live-action trailers mean nothing to me, they provide no information about the game, other than the fact that it exists.